What's new

Firestorm General Discussion Thread

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I think we're gonna be using F2 a lot. When I checked last night it was 14 frames and f2 is only -2, f21 is -7, and f213 is 0 which might mean we can use the string as stagger plus f213 is easily hit-confirmable. I also loooooooooooooooooove his d1. Lots of range and 7 frames so it's decently fast for its nice range

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
I think we're gonna be using F2 a lot. When I checked last night it was 14 frames and f2 is only -2, f21 is -7, and f213 is 0 which might mean we can use the string as stagger plus f213 is easily hit-confirmable. I also loooooooooooooooooove his d1. Lots of range and 7 frames so it's decently fast for its nice range
f213 is -5 from what im reading. either way the reach is amazing, and youre right - hit confirming it into molten trap is easy to do and reaches perfectly. Firestorm has a lot of really good normals.

I really like that b2 is safe. When its your turn to go, you can b2 without being too scared, 14f start up is really nice. Once you start using b2 a lot you'll make your opponent block standing a lot. Puts us in a really good place since you can start using 112 knowing your highs won't whiff, and 112 is his + string (+3) so you can go into more pressure from there.

Firestorms normals feel so good.

223 is a really nice string too. 8f mid, -5 on block, and feels really safe to throw out in neutral and whiff since the last hit is a extremely long reaching, pretty low profiling low. If you throw out 223 and an opponent backdashes at the same time, the 3 reaches (at least vs supes backdash)

freerf245

11 11 11 11
He struggles with anti airs. I found his best anti air to be standing 3, which he also gets a ton of damage off of.
You can do:
S3 db3 bf3
S3 db3 bd2
S3 db3 db2 mb b3 j2 f133 bf3

-LD50-

Some good info. Firestorm's looking pretty good.
Some of this is a little misleading from what i've played with this morning. I don't think you get free dash-up pressure after non-mb molten traps. Because of forward dash recovery you'll get beaten out and blown up

Error

DF2+R2
Some of this is a little misleading from what i've played with this morning. I don't think you get free dash-up pressure after non-mb molten traps. Because of forward dash recovery you'll get beaten out and blown up
Maybe some of this is outdated due to day 1 patch or maybe he just means that since you get a molten trap check after it hits then dashing in is part of the mind game. I don't have the game yet so I can't confirm.

-LD50-

Maybe some of this is outdated due to day 1 patch or maybe he just means that since you get a molten trap check after it hits then dashing in is part of the mind game. I don't have the game yet so I can't confirm.
dashing seems hardly part of the mindgame, you could honestly react to it as the other player. and a molten trap check isn't that exciting since you're just resetting to neutral since its so negative on block.

i'm not trying to be a pessimist, i'd just love someone to really try and lab and justfify molten trap enders. I like it as a mindgame and to throw out but ending bnbs with it seems impractical - then again i'm not the greatest in the lab.

so far i like torpedo as an ender to space out, or b12 to end if you want to keep up pressure. the splat is really good, b12 is untechable.

so far these are some midscreen traitless bnbs i've been playing around with

string xx mb bd2 db1 b3 j3 b12 - ~30%, hard kd
string xx mb dd2 db1 b3 j3 f213 xx bf3 ~35%, corner carry
string xx mb bd2 walk back db1 ji2 f21 xx db3 ~28%, keeps them standing and puts you at +17, free pressure after, decent crossup distance

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
starting to think firestorm might be terrible...
No way. If we're posting early opinions for the fun of it, then this character is ridiculously good, and Magician even confidently says he is and will continu to be top tier barring big nerfs. Magician's Firestorm also has a ridiculous w/l record against top players. Playing against him when he's trying is so terrifying because you feel so hopeless, and just watching him play against someone when he's trying and winning is the definition of dominance.

If I can keep him calm at CB, it wouldn't surprise me to see him rep the character pretty deep, but I'm personally expecting CEO to be his better run between the 2 since CB is going to be his return to competition.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
No way. If we're posting early opinions for the fun of it, then this character is ridiculously good, and Magician even confidently says he is and will continu to be top tier barring big nerfs. Magician's Firestorm also has a ridiculous w/l record against top players. Playing against him when he's trying is so terrifying because you feel so hopeless, and just watching him play against someone when he's trying and winning is the definition of dominance.

If I can keep him calm at CB, it wouldn't surprise me to see him rep the character pretty deep, but I'm personally expecting CEO to be his better run between the 2 since CB is going to be his return to competition.
Any vids?

Marvaz

come at me
Just got injustice yesterday and so far I'm liking Firestorm. I will lab him up and report back.

Sorry but he's not "ridiculously good" he has no good anti airs and he has no high or low starters. Compared to the high tiers he's lackluster. He needs a buff honestly. His zoning isn't even that good as his projectile is a high. And he doesn't have that good of damage.

Canapper

Insignificant speck of feculent scum
Hey guys, some of you mentioned F2 but I think his best think B1 is better in a lot of situations, I find it amazing. Btw today I was playing a match and firestorm became invisible you could only see the flames on his head and arms, it s a pity I couldn't record it. Has anyone experience this bug? I found it hilarious :D

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Whoever decide that both his ranged moves should be back forward inputs needs to be fired...literally. Roasted over a campfire plz