What's new

FINAL ROUND XV Shoutouts/Aftermath

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Big D - man Florida brought it to Atlanta. That match was insane and going back and watching it gives me goose bumps of how close it was. We seriously kept trading hits and combos one after another like a massive boxing match. I just dont know how to explain it. Congrats, you out of anyone need to hold your head high - You got 5th at your first f ing major with a f ing indian?!?!?!? Are you serious?!?! Great stuff!!!!

Cat - You and reo = best kabals ever. different styles but damn man, you are the real deal. You will give EVERYONE major hell at Texas showdown. I walked away blown up and very impressed. I know what MU ill be working on from now till next tourney

Showtime - great to meet you man, know we played online a few but awesome you came and represented hard w Houston

DrDogg - really appreciate your help with the tourney, and im glad we were able to talk about stuff. Thanks for being a great guy!

MortySeinfeld - I dont think i saw one of your matches as I was sure you'd make top 8, i think i heard about your matches w showtime but didnt see any of it. Still you are the Sonya of america to me and a good friend. Hope you enjoyed tilted kilt

@GGA CREW - thanks for letting me play casuals with all you guys, soonk, @waffelz and everyone else in there. You guys have some serious talent in your group, i never played @GGA HAN but man he looked awesome too

Dizzy damnt you were like #3 on my list that i wanted to play that id never played before :( hopefully next time, love the shit :)

IKizzLE Not trying to start any drama w other sektors but damnnnnn dude, I knew you were good from online but you're so much sicker offline. I was in awe of your abilities, reads and footsies and it was truly inspiring to watch. I know you are going to not make a top 8 but win a major with him. You just have it written on you i know it.

Ermaculate_Slim coolest guy and best ermac ive ever played or seen. His footsies w him were inspiring, i use to play ermac but his made mine look juvenile. he gives me a lot of hope ermac can make some noise at majors

eklectic - i feel so bad we NEVER got to play any games. I was so mad leaving 5am sunday night (after tourney) thinking SHIT i never got to play w him. I heard nothing but great stuff about how you and IKizzLE were tearing it up w sektor. I look forward to seeing any matches recorded of you and hopefully soon offline we can play.

@K7 - man im so glad to have finally gotten to meet you, I hope you had a blast. Im very anxious to see this "footage" you speak of lol also im worried im going to look like a total ass hole after one of my matches lol - thats ok thanks for all your work in the community with your pod casts and all.

Ok my fingers are tired. Shout outs to every single person that made this tourney a huge and successful event. MK community should be proud. Events like this go by WAYYYYYY too fast

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
LMAO im not done, see above lol

So........ B W1zZ You provided an instructional video on how to punish w raiden and use AA effectively, every tourney you go to i ALWAYS put you on my list to train for if i attend. I played SOOOO many raidens (none as good as yours) in prep for your raiden. I was sure youd make it out of pools and into top8. I want to see you at more tourneys. Always fun to hang out and yet again we still NEVER got a chance to play FUCK

B W1zZ

Noob
LMAO im not done, see above lol

So........ B W1zZ You provided an instructional video on how to punish w raiden and use AA effectively, every tourney you go to i ALWAYS put you on my list to train for if i attend. I played SOOOO many raidens (none as good as yours) in prep for your raiden. I was sure youd make it out of pools and into top8. I want to see you at more tourneys. Always fun to hang out and yet again we still NEVER got a chance to play FUCK
Yeah man there were a lot of people I didn't get to play. If pools were on saturday and top 8 on sunday that probably would have been different, but oh well ;(

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Big D - man Florida brought it to Atlanta. That match was insane and going back and watching it gives me goose bumps of how close it was. We seriously kept trading hits and combos one after another like a massive boxing match. I just dont know how to explain it. Congrats, you out of anyone need to hold your head high - You got 5th at your first f ing major with a f ing indian?!?!?!? Are you serious?!?! Great stuff!!!!

Cat - You and reo = best kabals ever. different styles but damn man, you are the real deal. You will give EVERYONE major hell at Texas showdown. I walked away blown up and very impressed. I know what MU ill be working on from now till next tourney

Showtime - great to meet you man, know we played online a few but awesome you came and represented hard w Houston

DrDogg - really appreciate your help with the tourney, and im glad we were able to talk about stuff. Thanks for being a great guy!

MortySeinfeld - I dont think i saw one of your matches as I was sure you'd make top 8, i think i heard about your matches w showtime but didnt see any of it. Still you are the Sonya of america to me and a good friend. Hope you enjoyed tilted kilt

@GGA CREW - thanks for letting me play casuals with all you guys, soonk, @waffelz and everyone else in there. You guys have some serious talent in your group, i never played @GGA HAN but man he looked awesome too

Dizzy damnt you were like #3 on my list that i wanted to play that id never played before :( hopefully next time, love the shit :)

IKizzLE Not trying to start any drama w other sektors but damnnnnn dude, I knew you were good from online but you're so much sicker offline. I was in awe of your abilities, reads and footsies and it was truly inspiring to watch. I know you are going to not make a top 8 but win a major with him. You just have it written on you i know it.

Ermaculate_Slim coolest guy and best ermac ive ever played or seen. His footsies w him were inspiring, i use to play ermac but his made mine look juvenile. he gives me a lot of hope ermac can make some noise at majors

eklectic - i feel so bad we NEVER got to play any games. I was so mad leaving 5am sunday night (after tourney) thinking SHIT i never got to play w him. I heard nothing but great stuff about how you and IKizzLE were tearing it up w sektor. I look forward to seeing any matches recorded of you and hopefully soon offline we can play.

@K7 - man im so glad to have finally gotten to meet you, I hope you had a blast. Im very anxious to see this "footage" you speak of lol also im worried im going to look like a total ass hole after one of my matches lol - thats ok thanks for all your work in the community with your pod casts and all.

Ok my fingers are tired. Shout outs to every single person that made this tourney a huge and successful event. MK community should be proud. Events like this go by WAYYYYYY too fast
I'll keep my head high; that match was INSANE! I know how to punish mileena now, so I'm already much more prepared for that match. It was great to finally meet you and its a shame I couldnt hang out with you and everyone else more after the tourney. CEO will be much different I hope... :cool:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Like I said, there's no way I will remember everyone I met, so I'll just name a few.

REO - Host advantage! Good shit in the tournament. Your skills in MK never fail to impress me. I had you winning the entire time like I usually do and you actually came through this time. Maybe next time you'll be brave enough to play me in UMK3!

Pig Of The Hut - Yeah man it was awesome to finally met you, lol! You did amazing and truly represented the ATL! I wish I coulda got some sessions in with you and tips on Kenshi but the whole weekend just went by way too fast.

CD jr - Yo SFxT? Glad I finally met you, you look so much like CD. Good shit as always for your performance in the tournament. And thanks to you and Pig for the room.

CRAZY DOMINICAN - Crazy Dominican!! Wish we could have played some UMK3. Your Kitana is amazing and is hands down the best Kitana in the world. Such a cool dude!

Maxter - We didn't get to talk much but I'm glad I got to meet the 3rd Dominican brother! Keep using Cyrax and fuck the haters, they can EAD!!!

Tom Brady - What a character. You're such a funny person, it's always awesome having you around to lighten the mood. The room is always calm and chill until Brady comes into the room!

Konqrr - Finally met Konqrr!! Man I wanted to get some UMK3 games in but I just couldn't stay any longer after the tournament ended. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you too much but I was so exhausted Sunday I didn't feel like talking to anyone by the end of the day.

Medina4life - Maaan, what can I say? You're dedication to streaming the MK tournament is beyond words. So legit. I hope you can stream events in the future! We need a Kombat Network + Medina collaboration!

subzerosmokerai gdf - Man I knew you had a twin but I didn't know it was gdf!! Haha nice to meet you guys, hella cool peeps. Also wish we coulda played some UMK3. Hopefully I'll see more of you guys at locals!

Also shoutouts to BEENIEWEENIES, TrePound and Atl Batman for those hype SFxT matches. Shoutouts to everyone else I met too. Ashenar, Shogun, Duke, Sao, Morty, 16bit, K7, Detroit, Scoot, Slips, Sabin, Starcharger, Viper, iKizzle, Death, ChrisG, Blackula, Pimp, Dan, Ed, DrDrogg, RedDjinn, Shujinkydink, LordoftheFly, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc!!! SO MANY PEOPLE!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Best time I've ever had in my life. EVER. I was scarred after playing SF4 on saturday and they only had one station for each pool, but MK was run fuckin awesome. Glad I got to meet so many players in person, and I saw so many good matches my head exploded 19 times.

I can't even do a shout out thread because there are to many, but it was really gr8 to meet Konqrr in person and Bit, and I got to shake Crazy Dominicans hand :) mabey some of that kitana magic from those 3 dudes will be with me now.

What a great city too by the way, southern hospitality is a real thing,

Man that was a great time :)

Shout outs to everyone I got to meet and say hi too, hope to see everyone again at EVO!

6500 miles round trip, friggin worth it :) lol

Cerebru

Noob
Pig Of The Hut thanx for the casuals man and the sneak in to the five v five..... Death thanx for the unlimited prep and the JC training and tell queen of sheeva it was fun getting spammed lol ..... Blackula that ish cray nuff said lol.... Big D....what can i say that i haven't just great to see your hard work pay off..... CD jr blackula really did forget to get my egg rolls no troll i should have got that broccoli stuff you and CRAZY DOMINICAN were feindin for.... REO all ways good talking to you man... and thanx for that advice..... and B W1zZ thanx for showing me some tech that take me to the next level.... we will def have to get casuals the next time we are both present

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Hmmmm where to begin. I finally got to go to an MK tournament, and it just happens to be the best one ever.

@16 Bit - Thanks for letting me sleep in your room, and giving me advice on "tourney etiquette". That death star promo was godlike. Without a doubt one of the funniest people I've ever met and a great player. Best of all he "gets it" when it comes to fueds and hype. Stop farting so much. Its nasty.

Slips - Fuck your hellfire, lol. I'm not gonna lie Slips made me REALLY salty playing him. He's just so smart when it comes to fighting games. We basically did a 3 day long podcast over the weekend in that hotel room. My sides hurt from laughing so much. Oh and thanks for helping me finish that Sun night, I was fucked up til noon Monday lol.

Pig Of The Hut - Man I wouldn't have made it to FR without your help. You are an awesome guy, you played extremely well in the tournament, great to meet ya. THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU YELL IN MAH FACE!!!

IKizzLE - The best Sektor I've ever played by far. Super nice guy. Felt bad we kept waking him up with our laughing at like 5am. Did really well in the tournament and lets not forget those money matches vs the Dominican bros. Good shit.

@VSM Guys - Really nice to meet you. That was cool you came to our room after the 5v5 for casuals and stuff. You guys are the best players and super nice guys.

PimpUigi - Our biggest podcast fan. He's a little weird and he knows it, but he's also very nice and cool to talk to. His scorpion is really impressive with those flashy combos. Great to meet ya. Lose the work badge though :p

staticjack - This guy is a class act. The instant I get to the hotel after a 30 hour bus ride, he offers to carry my bag and hands me a beer. He provided most of the alchohol that weekend, nuff said. Ohhhh and that devil whiskey shit was AMAZING!

Walker - Thanks so much for helping me with the ride situation. Was cool getting to see a little of ATL and talking with you in the car. Wish we could have played some matches, but shit was so hectic all weeekend it just didn't work out. Maybe next time. Don't drop MK!

Jimmypotato - Finally we meet! Had a great time walking around the tourney floor with ya. Too bad we were in dif hotels and didn't get to play or get our drink on. Oh well, there is always EVO.

@STB guys (Dink, Gr8one, Djinn, Shogun) - Thanks for letting me in their room Sat night, me and Djinn had some good matches. All those guys are really nice. Good shit to Gr8 getting so far in the tourney.

@Bw1zz - Awesome talking with you for a bit by that scenic lake thing. Wish we coulda hung out more and played some matches. I think you have the best Raiden and for sure the most creative.

Konqrr - Maaaaaaaaan I wish we coulda kept playing. We only got a couple matches in but they were really fun. Super nice guy too. OG Kitana is back.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
@RM_Death - Another guy I wanted to play but didn't get the chance. Really nice guy, great player too.

soonk - Awesome Kabal player. Thanks for the tips, I enjoyed our mirror matches. Fuck sub zero though. Never lose those Bono glasses, they are so you.

Tom Brady - Wow finally got to meet the man. I was like intimidated by his presence. Tom is by far the most hilarious and entertaining guy I've ever met. Drunk Tom = Super Saiyan Tom.

@DetroitBallin313 - Thanks so much for helping me stay calm during that match. When they said ive gotta fight Detroit first I was really freaking out. Also thanks for the 2ndc tips, I'm working on it. Ohhh and your Razor Ramone entrance was TIGHT!!!

Chaosphere - The guy who took me out from the tournament, I wanted to hate but can't LOL. Naw we seriously had a great fucking match. All 3 games were really close and intense. Really nice guy too. Looks like Konqrr's evil clone. I want a rematch though! :p

@Medina - The best streamer in the MK community. Hell of a nice guy. That was weird when we just walked down to the lobby and that guy was like here's your pizza. We were like "oh okay" lol. Those VS screens are the coolest thing I ever saw.

@Goldfish - Thanks for giving me that lil "interview" lol.

@XBL Mindgamez - Gamefaqs represent. Nice to finally play you with no lag. Your Cage is bullshit though. lol

I just realized there is absolutely no way I can finish this list, because EVERY one from the MK community I talked to was mad cool and friendly. We got soooo many compliments on our podcast I couldn't believe it. So anyone I left out, just know If I met you - You are cool as shit in my book.

This was my first tournament and I made a lot of mistakes (brand new controller, brought way too much shit, long bus ride, etc). But it was fun as fuck. I'm gonna try my best to make it to TX Showdown, and this time I'll be more prepared. Its tough because I have no local comp whatsoever. But thats not going to stop me from going to tournaments, and hopefully I can have a better showing gameplay wise. I WILL BE AT EVO. Lets do this all again.

I always forget to post in this shout out threads.

But had a decent time. Spent way too much cash on taxis. The stupid Marta closed before we got there due to delayed flights. And no one was willing to give us a ride to the airport :/

Sitting in the airport I'll try and remember to edit my post later hopefully.

Was awesome meeting Konqrr finally. We'll do those money matches at evo, off stream whatever. I didnt bother with any mm since I trashed my controller, I'm a stick player 100% I can't play this game on pad I never been so pissed over a game ever. Going to try what AC1984 said and play the stick on my lap.

RunwayMafia Ofcourse made this weekend fun. HONEYCHILD lololol

Noobe for trying to let me use his sticks but disappeared when it was time for me to play LOL that's what I get.

REO for finally getting that monkey off his back and not placing second but first again !!!!!!!!!!!

Pig Of The Hut great tournament and very very KUNTY mileena :) every time you won I said yummmmmm KUNTY.

If we had Mr. Mileena all of the Ohio guys, krayzie and a few others this would of been a perfect tourney of all of MK's top players. Too bad they couldn't come.

About to board my flight so I'll try and remember to edit this later.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Didn't know you were here Dan. I would've given you a lift I usually get a rental car when I go to tournaments. Cool to finally meet KONQRR didn't really meet anybody else I didn't already know.

Shoutout to everyone I met and played.

@Detroitballin313 good meeting you dude I still need to learn that shang match with my Kung Lao other than that good shit dude.

@Jermiah Nice Sheeva so good I hope you go to EVO this year.

Dizzy Nice victory dude I wish I could of won against you lol. I suck at that matchup I need to learn that one too.

CDJR, Crazy Dominican, Reo, and Maxter. Good meeting all of ya as well.

Just to let everyone know who I am I was the Kung Lao player in Pool C. JTG = Jody Tha Great

Still new to the mk community I hope to learn more from everyone.

Pig Of The Hut Nice meeting you dude. You're hella cool and thanks for the Kung Lao props I appreciate it.

@Dr.Dogg good seeing you again bruh its been years.

@Medina Awesome job with the stream.

Alright I'm out

KIDD

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Didn't know you were here Dan. I would've given you a lift I usually get a rental car when I go to tournaments. Cool to finally meet KONQRR didn't really meet anybody else I didn't already know.
omg!!! You were there?? Wtfffffff geez I had no clue either. I was the guy wearing the shirt that said dancock on it with sindel on the back of the shirt.

I think myself and DetroitBalln313 were the only ones with names our shirts.

Your smart for getting the rental. I was a bit annoyed no one offered to give anyone rides.

I don't even live in Philly but I pick people up from the airport, I pick people up from the bus stations, train stations. Real frustrating.

Maxter

Noob
shoutouts to everyone =)

shoutouts to 16 bit, slips, dizzy, detroit, and morty, thanks for hyping up the 5v5, it was nice sharing some time with you all guys, slips and 16 bit it was nice meeting you guys, i had met 16 bit at ect long ago but we never got to talk, you guys are awesome and some of the coolest dudes i've ever met.

Special thanks to ashenar, detroit ballin and noobe, for their tips on how to fight pig's kenshi, also thanks a lot detroit for your wishes of me taking that tourney, i really tried man thanks a lot you are one of the nicest person in the mk community, even tho you couldn't take my soul, it still belongs to you my friend. no homo =)

Morty and Sao: you guys are such nices dudes, thanks for sharing some time and chatting with me while we were at the venue.

Konqrr: it was nice to meet such a legend of the mk community like you, sorry we didnt get to play those money matches, we didnt have much time to do anything on Sunday because of the tourney being ran all day =(

Noobe: man i'm so grateful you let me sleep on your bed man, that nap saved me really, only god knows how bad i felt, no eating for almost 3 days, and not having anymore stomach acids to throw up, my mother wanted me to take a plane back, i had the symptoms of someone who ate something infected with salmonella.
thanks god i feel so much better now, i tested my stomach by having some vodka and orange juice last night =) "he needz it"
Ashenar: thanks for sharing that much time with me and going with me to my cigarette breaks, maaaaannn that security guard who locked us up out there for no reason and that long walk back into the building lol.

ikizzle: your sektor is beasty, nice anti crossup standing jabs, it was nice meeting you bro

pig of the hut: thanks for hosting this tournament and making sure we could enter it, sorry for the late registration and everything, also thanks for that room you gave us that sat. night, that was really cool from you man, i really appreciate it. gratz on taking 2nd place and destroying my cyrax.

juggernaut: it was nice meeting you bro sorry we couldnt spend much time together or play any games =(

shoutouts to the vsm crew, tom brady and pimpuigi for coming with us, and entertaning us and making us laugh all along the road, tom brady and the organic chicken jokes, and Sirrrrrrrrr, this is the date and time you have to come to court orrrrrr, do you know who the $#% is? daaammnnnnyyyuuummm that shit is stuck in head now, you guys now what i mean i'm pretty sure =)

I'm not forgetting anyone. i'm just tired and suck at writing shoutouts, shoutouts to everyone once again and keep the mk community strong.

Ok. Final Round was my 2nd major tournament and it was by far the best tournament. How to do this? I guess chronologically.

Well first shoutouts to the 2 owners of Galloping Ghost Arcade Doc Mack, and Gerry Cantu for sponsoring the GGA team so we could make it out there. (Also with no sponsorship means no Medina at Final Round and that would have meant no Medina stream)

Somberness for the Sheeva frame data. I peruse it often.

@Lord of the Fly for making that video explaining how much care was being put into FR to make MK not abused and in the corner. Also creating some nice hype for FR during the KTP podcast.

@JamesMK for that cantelope video. The Dizzy cantelope had me laughing.

16 Bit, Slips, and K7L33THA, for putting effort into the hype for FR on your podcasts. That 5v5 was a perfect precursor to FR. I don't think there will be another major in awhile that will have something "on the side" that will be that big.

CRAZY DOMINICAN, CD jr., Maxter, REO, and Tom Brady. Thank you guys so much for coming to FR. I know there was talk that you guys weren't gonna be able to make it out, but I'm so glad that you guys came. If you guys didn't come the entire tournament would not have been the same and the 5v5 would have never happened. That was awesome having Tom being the hidden 5th player. I saw you in the stairs and had to keep the secret. And to my knowledge the masses didn't know it was you till you rounded that corner in the hotel room.

Reo your Kabal is of course a beast but I actually had a lot of fun in that fight. I'm gonna hit the books and try to do better next time.

Jody Tha Great. We had some good matches. I am proud of my performance against you because I am always scared facing KLs and I think I did well. (I of course asked Dizzy to get me some revenge though :) )

Big D, I didn't get a chance to meet you but your performance was absolutely amazing. The crowd around you was so loud that I originally thought you were from Atlanta!

Detroit Ballin and the Arizona crew. You guys rock at MK. I didn't get to talk to you guys that much but you all seem very awesome. And thank you detroit for not letting the midwest get OCV'd :)

Oh and shoutouts to the top 3 in the tourney. Maxter, Pig and Reo. I actually turned to someone next to me and was like "I actually want all 3 of these guys to win the tournament!" All 3 of you did absolutely amazing.

Ermaculate_Slim, @ecklectic and all your crew, it was fun playing casuals in our room late at night. Oh and ermaculate, playing your KL gave me some ideas for the Shokan... I'll let you know if they end up working in that MU :)

IKizzLE your sektor is amazing. You are strongly making me think about having a secondary character to use in tournaments.... I would like to just have Sheeva but I have to really think hard about what I can do vs. Sektor. I'll see if I can come up with anything.

Pig Of The Hut. Big Shoutout to you. Thanks for giving me your skype so I could talk to you before the tourney to hammer out the details of the GGA guys coming out. Your help throughout the tournament was amazing and it would not have been the same without you. If you and Fly didn't make that Final Round video it probably would have just been Dizzy who went out to FR. Your performance in the tourney was absolutely amazing. I think because of you ALL Kitanas out there are thinking long and hard about if they should have a Kenshi killer or not. Actually just like ikizzle did, you are making me think about using a secondary after that trouncing you gave me with CSZ.

@Dr. Dogg sorry I was always getting in your way, lol. But thank you for helping out making the Tourney run smoothly.

@Runway Mafia. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well during the tournament day. And we did not get our Sheeva mirror money match in. We will have to get that done for sure next time we meet.

And Bwhizz. We had some good casuals and you are a top Raiden player. I am contemplating having Raiden as a backup and your guide has helped me tremendously. We are definitely going to have to do some casuals next time we see each other. That is another MU that I enjoy.

And shoutouts to everyone else that I am forgetting, I met so many people that weekend. And there were many people there that I didn't get a chance to meet but hope I will be able to next time :)

And Finally thanks to all the GGA guys. Without practicing with you guys I would have not even won 1 round during FR.

And thanks to mab. My stream supporter watching the stream back in Chicago. Because of you my Sheeva stomps hit that much harder!

omg!!! You were there?? Wtfffffff geez I had no clue either. I was the guy wearing the shirt that said dancock on it with sindel on the back of the shirt.

I think myself and DetroitBalln313 were the only ones with names our shirts.

Your smart for getting the rental. I was a bit annoyed no one offered to give anyone rides.

I don't even live in Philly but I pick people up from the airport, I pick people up from the bus stations, train stations. Real frustrating.

LOL ya if I saw somebody wearing a dancock shirt I would've assumed it was you. I saw detroitballin and his shirt. I showed up after marvel was done and watched the top 8 and the last few matches of the last pool. Sat next to Konqrr for a bit and chatted. Me and my girlfriend were next to sheeba for most of the time.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
GGA Jeremiah I saw you play against the kabal. Dude you made me want to pick up Sheeva. Who would have thought she could be such a good character? You shocked me man, gg.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Theres to many people for me to shoutout. Shoutouts to every mk player that was at FR. Evwryone i played and didnt. Best mk tourney ive ever seen. Cant wait for texas showdown to meet more of the mk kommunity.