What's new

Final Round XV: 5v5 - When, Where and How

Medina4life

Media Master
TYM has blown up the past couple days over the Final Round hype. More specifically, the 5v5 is the hot topic of the week. I know there has been a little confusion as to where it will be streamed, when it will happen, and how it will work.

First off, let me apologize for causing most of the confusion. I had the intention of recording the matches for later uploaded. Quickly did I realize this was a bad idea from all the comments upon mentioning it. I am going to stream it, I was able to get a hard-line internet connection to the room the event will be held, but more details on that in a second.

Format and Rules:
5v5 Elimination: Pokemon style
What this means is the team captains of both teams will throw out their starters. They will play a best 2/3 set and the loser will be eliminated. The losings team captain then chooses who on their team will go next. The battle is over when all players are eliminated from a single team. There is a character lock between sets and matches of the winning player . A $20 entry fee will be required per person that will go into the pot. The winning team takes the $200 pot to divide equally amongst teammates.

Stream information:
Team GGA booked an extra hotel room which will be used for casuals, MM's and the 5v5. It will take place in the GGA room, Saturday at 6:00 P.M. Eastern (10 PM GMT for our friends across the pond). The url in which the 5v5 will be streamed will be my channel, http://www.twitch.tv/Medina4life with the help of Beer Guy Ed. For those at FR, we will try our best to squeeze as many people as we can into the room to watch. Myself and Pig of the Hut will be doing commentary. We respect both teams and its players very much, and are aiming to provide a biased free cast with plenty of hype. The battle is scheduled to start at 6:00 P.M. , however I plan to run some tests and gets things going at around 5:00. Following the 5v5, there may be salty money matches which I may stream because I am already set-up. The stream will be later uploaded to my Youtube channel, then to TYM for anyone who misses out. Following all the commotion, there will be a LIVE Kombat Tomb Podcast that I will broadcast. I will be giving K7 the recorded broadcast file so he and I can both upload to our Youtube channels after Final Round. You can also always check the archives if you don't want to wait the extra day for the matches to be uploaded .

**** ATLMK will be broadcasting casuals, money matches, and pools all weekend long. Check them out at http://twitch.tv/ATLMK. I am doing my best to help out Beer Guy Ed with equipment and templates to make this an entertaining stream. Pools for Mortal Kombat will be all day Sunday.

Attachments

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yes, I'd also like it to be earlier.

As for character lock, it's standard tournament rules. Winner must stick with their character, loser can change. REO and I agreed to this. Actually, wait, I'm not sure if REO agreed to a lock between sets for the winner.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
This is going to be wild lol. I call front row spectating. Also, medina if you need extra commentary, I can fill in. I do lot of the commentary for the atl community.

Plop

Noob
So this isnt gonna be recorded anymore? So if i miss it i miss out? :(
What about the live KTP, is k7 gonna record that and upload it to youtube?

Medina4life

Media Master
This is going to be wild lol. I call front row spectating. Also, medina if you need extra commentary, I can fill in. I do lot of the commentary for the atl community.
thanks for the help, I'm sure Ed would like help though, for the 5v5 I kind of want to stick with people I know. For sure we will probably need people throughout the weekend though

So this isnt gonna be recorded anymore? So if i miss it i miss out? :(
What about the live KTP, is k7 gonna record that and upload it to youtube?
Yes, both my self and K7 will upload the live podcast for you guys to enjoy afterwards

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
thanks for the help, I'm sure Ed would like help though, for the 5v5 I kind of want to stick with people I know. For sure we will probably need people throughout the weekend though

Yes, both my self and K7 will upload the live podcast for you guys to enjoy afterwards
Are you saying only the kombat tomb podcast is going to be recorded or the 5v5 will be as well? Won't we be able to watch it on the videos archive tab on your twitch.tv page?

Medina4life

Media Master
Are you saying only the kombat tomb podcast is going to be recorded or the 5v5 will be as well? Won't we be able to watch it on the videos archive tab on your twitch.tv page?
that's always a given, But I'm also going to record the stream to my HDD for later upload in better quality

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
They will be?

Look at the post now, that's just a taste of how the stream will look like. I spent all night making and testing out these graphics and other overlays. Yes, there will be multiple cameras :)
The Stream looks good, what time zone is it in, or if you know: what time can i watch this from the UK.

Cheers!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
SWEET, your 5 hours behind. i can handle that.

Incase you wanted to stick the info up there for the sake of it then medina the stream is 11pm GMT (6pm EST) Thanks for helping my special self out with that.