What's new

Guide - Summoner Fighting with and against post patch Quan Chi's Zoning by ShujinkyDink

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
My loyal Quan Children.

I have come to save you from the nerfs. Ive been in the lab working on what is STILL guaranteed zoning wise. Let me explain to you that I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE NERF. You should NOT be able to machine gun a projectile that is plus on block. That takes minimal skill and execution and hopefully deters the Quanabees that just planned to "zone" with the character.

Now, focusing on you guys. I have come up with several strategies to keep your opponent in place and give yourself enough time to negate the cooldown on Jade(aka puggles) to be able to successfully summon another one and use it to counter your opponents next move. I love zoning and find this stuff really challenging and fun.

Now for those saying "oh Dink, you're ridiculous. Quan is so OP and even with the nerf i still have no options." Well guess what? ya do. and im gonna show you exactly how to counter each setup in this video. But don't worry Quan Children! im not teaching anyone how to beat you, because you have an answer to every way they have out of these setups. This is what i find SO fun about fighting games. All of these end in a read based follow up where one opponent has one option, and the zoner has a counter option. So you both get to choose what to do, with the zoner having an advantage off proper spacing. So ill quit ranting and show you the video.

First, please watch this one. This is the PRE PATCH quan zoning video i put out that I reference in the new video. I recorded this one with XBOX one, and i think ill continue to do that as my mic volume was MUCH better.

This is the new and CURRENT POST PATCH video recorded with PS4

Any questions let me know or if a strategy seems flawed please let me know so i can stop being such a fraud.

QuanChi.png

@STORMS
@Insuperable
@Under_The_Mayo
@PND_Ketchup
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@Goldy
@mfkaoz

Do ex runes jail into rune anymore??? If not he's still a strong zoner but your going to be better off vortexing. Also his bat fireball might be a better option for chip now because i think it didn't glitch like regular bat release. It also needs to be more of a footsie tool

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Great video!

Hopefully with how read-heavy his zoning is, people will stop crying about it hahaha. I was wondering, though. Does the spark jail more than the dive? I know it's somewhat easy to avoid, but I have an idea for it if it can jail well full screen

because rune is -11 and gives them a free run in or punish no matter what i do.
Yes but that's the guess, you either throw a skull or far rune to stop them from advancing, unless bat us available then the mixup us rune or summon, you could also do far rune on block into mid.

Your tactic is very good if buying time for bat.

STB Shujinkydink

Yes but that's the guess, you either throw a skull or far rune to stop them from advancing, unless bat us available then the mixup us rune or summon, you could also do far rune on block into mid.

Your tactic is very good if buying time for bat.
Did you watch the video? Lol I mention at the end about doing the frame trap just to mix it up

My loyal Quan Children.

I have come to save you from the nerfs. Ive been in the lab working on what is STILL guaranteed zoning wise. Let me explain to you that I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE NERF. You should NOT be able to machine gun a projectile that is plus on block. That takes minimal skill and execution and hopefully deters the Quanabees that just planned to "zone" with the character.

Now, focusing on you guys. I have come up with several strategies to keep your opponent in place and give yourself enough time to negate the cooldown on Jade(aka puggles) to be able to successfully summon another one and use it to counter your opponents next move. I love zoning and find this stuff really challenging and fun.

Now for those saying "oh Dink, you're ridiculous. Quan is so OP and even with the nerf i still have no options." Well guess what? ya do. and im gonna show you exactly how to counter each setup in this video. But don't worry Quan Children! im not teaching anyone how to beat you, because you have an answer to every way they have out of these setups. This is what i find SO fun about fighting games. All of these end in a read based follow up where one opponent has one option, and the zoner has a counter option. So you both get to choose what to do, with the zoner having an advantage off proper spacing. So ill quit ranting and show you the video.

First, please watch this one. This is the PRE PATCH quan zoning video i put out that I reference in the new video. I recorded this one with XBOX one, and i think ill continue to do that as my mic volume was MUCH better.

This is the new and CURRENT POST PATCH video recorded with PS4

Any questions let me know or if a strategy seems flawed please let me know so i can stop being such a fraud.

@STORMS
@Insuperable
@Under_The_Mayo
@PND_Ketchup
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@Goldy
@mfkaoz
Im a little confused about something.. "the opponent has one option.. you have a counter option"

So... always do the counter. Then they have no options.

Arzumis

Noob
Im On xbox and haven't gotten the update. Are his combos affected in any way? Can i still summon a bat after trance and combo afterwards?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I disagree with the "still best zoning" part, but very good video.

A full screen blocked skull guarantees a full screen rune. But so does a whiffed full screen skull from my testing. Opponents can neither dash nor run. They can only jump forward, which you can anti-air with the mid rune.

STB Shujinkydink

I disagree with the "still best zoning" part, but very good video.

A full screen blocked skull guarantees a full screen rune. But so does a whiffed full screen skull from my testing. Opponents can neither dash nor run. They can only jump forward, which you can anti-air with the mid rune.
Who do you think does?