What's new

[Feb 20, 2016] Get it in Ohio - UMK3 Tournament - $1000 to 1st Place! (Cincinnati, OH)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Sorry for the double post, but I was just going to confirm that I am going to appear at the event and participate in the tourneys/casuals!

It will be about a 7 1/2 hour drive to there from Mississippi, but it is worth it to me. I am hoping to see many people show and that the competition goes well. I will also bring a N64 with Trilogy, controllers, and a CRT in case we need it (Ya never know what could go wrong) for the side competition.
If we want to stream MKT and use a CRT at the same time I can help with that too!

It'll be my first real tournament, so wish me luck.
Looking forward to playin you and others in MKT!!

Also, I really want to do the random select side "just for fun" umk3 tournament. Anyone down for this?

Looking forward to playin you and others in MKT!!

Also, I really want to do the random select side "just for fun" umk3 tournament. Anyone down for this?
You know it! MKT N64 is my favorite MK so I will always be down for that! The random select tourney sounds like fun, but I just hope I don't get someone I suck with lol.

Can't promise I'll be there, but I will do everything I can to help promote, spread the word & make this event awesome. I haven't played UMK3 in a couple years now, not that i was any good in the first place lol, but Im excited for this event. Feel free to start a PM w/ me & @tehdrewsus too so we can stay in contact etc.
You coming to this brother? Keep that Ohio presence strong!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Probably won't make it in time for casuals Friday, can't get Friday off.

I was going to ask a few things about the tourney:

In MKT N64, are we allowed to set our own controls? I used to play a lot of UMK3 on Genesis so I always swap my run and block locations to match that layout. I am not asking about putting the same input on two buttons or anything of that nature, but just swapping around the location. (Ex. Changing Run to left C and Block to down C).

Is there any streaming services planned for MKT N64, or will I need to provide streaming equipment myself for that? I would really like to capture the matches that happen throughout the day of the tournament.

I was going to ask a few things about the tourney:

In MKT N64, are we allowed to set our own controls? I used to play a lot of UMK3 on Genesis so I always swap my run and block locations to match that layout. I am not asking about putting the same input on two buttons or anything of that nature, but just swapping around the location. (Ex. Changing Run to left C and Block to down C).

Is there any streaming services planned for MKT N64, or will I need to provide streaming equipment myself for that? I would really like to capture the matches that happen throughout the day of the tournament.
Absolutely you can map your controls within the game. The default layout is horrible. And if you have streaming stuff you can bring, go ahead and bring it. I can't speak to the Internet capabilities of arcade legacy streaming more than one feed at a time. @Osirun ?

Absolutely you can map your controls within the game. The default layout is horrible. And if you have streaming stuff you can bring, go ahead and bring it. I can't speak to the Internet capabilities of arcade legacy streaming more than one feed at a time. @Osirun ?
Well. I can just capture it at the place and then transfer the footage to a digital format and upload it later and link it to you guys if nobody objects. The only issue is that there would probably be no commentary, even if it was streamed though, I don't have a good mic at all. So just plain gameplay would probably be better anyways.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Well. I can just capture it at the place and then transfer the footage to a digital format and upload it later and link it to you guys if nobody objects. The only issue is that there would probably be no commentary, even if it was streamed though, I don't have a good mic at all. So just plain gameplay would probably be better anyways.
Just match footage is fine. I'd love to play some MKT and have the matches recorded.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
The AL internet can only handle one stream at a time, unfortunately. But local recording is a great idea : )

With the tournament just a little over 48 hours away (and Friday night casuals even sooner) just a few things really quick:

Make sure you bring Your own controller, and its cable to connect. If you're using an XBox360 controller, it needs to be WIRED, not just the play and charge USB Connector. TRULY WIRED. I nor arcade legacy can guarantee a controller for you to use if you don't bring your own.
The exception is for N64 MKT. I'll have controllers for that.
I'd like to get as much local recording done outside of the stream as possible too. If you have cameras, bring them! We can work to get them up online. The more footage, the better.

With the tournament just a little over 48 hours away (and Friday night casuals even sooner) just a few things really quick:

Make sure you bring Your own controller, and its cable to connect. If you're using an XBox360 controller, it needs to be WIRED, not just the play and charge USB Connector. TRULY WIRED. I nor arcade legacy can guarantee a controller for you to use if you don't bring your own.
The exception is for N64 MKT. I'll have controllers for that.
I'd like to get as much local recording done outside of the stream as possible too. If you have cameras, bring them! We can work to get them up online. The more footage, the better.
Will there be a CRT or low latency monitor already prepared? If all you have is a standard HDTV I will provide a CRT.

My equipment does direct capture, so if anyone has any kind of camcorder or the such that would be great for catching the actual players. Otherwise I will need some sort of way to sort out who is who when I start converting the footage afterwards. I plan to add the names of the players for each match during post-production, but I will need to know who is who.

EDIT: I meant this in reference to N64 MKT. I have never fiddled with MAME or similar so I wouldn't be much help with that set up for UMK3.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Gonna start heading that way after work, 7 hour drive not too bad, see ya fools there!

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I was originally supposed to be in Cincinnati via Chicago at 4:30 this afternoon. Unfortunately, Chi-town is experiencing 50+ mph winds, resulting in my flight being delayed indefinitely. I had to rebook via Denver to Cincinnati because everything into Chicago is delayed. Normally, going through Denver wouldn't be a big deal. It's a longer flight to Cinci from there than Chicago, but I'm ok with that. The bad part is I went from having a 1-hour layover in Chicago to having a 5 hour layover in Denver. Instead of getting in to Cinci at 4:30pm, I now arrive at 12:30am. I'll have to catch you guys tomorrow. It's been requested of me to bring two sets of Juggernaut roms. I have them burned, in hand, tested and ready. See you all tomorrow.

I was originally supposed to be in Cincinnati via Chicago at 4:30 this afternoon. Unfortunately, Chi-town is experiencing 50+ mph winds, resulting in my flight being delayed indefinitely. I had to rebook via Denver to Cincinnati because everything into Chicago is delayed. Normally, going through Denver wouldn't be a big deal. It's a longer flight to Cinci from there than Chicago, but I'm ok with that. The bad part is I went from having a 1-hour layover in Chicago to having a 5 hour layover in Denver. Instead of getting in to Cinci at 4:30pm, I now arrive at 12:30am. I'll have to catch you guys tomorrow. It's been requested of me to bring two sets of Juggernaut roms. I have them burned, in hand, tested and ready. See you all tomorrow.
See you tomorrow. Be safe.