What's new

fearing the nerf, who should my next main/sub be?

kevkopdx

Noob
I'll just leave this post that you made in the other thread....

even if your character gets a slight nerf so what?? If you like the character then stick with it. You been making countless posts desperately trying to get your precious kung jin to avoid the nerf hammer and it's getting pretty annoying. Also 2 people were using Kung Jin at ESL BEFORE the release so no one's even questioning his viability.

Look if you like the character just stick with him. Hell I don't think he's going to get nerf because he seems absolutely fine in my opinion. It's only been 2 weeks and people are still learning the game. Just stop with this nonsense.
yes to all of this! especially the 2 weeks part... lol, the game hasnt even been fleshed out and youre moving on to another character? i guarantee you havent mastered the intricasies... no one has, let the game breathe!

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I would not fear a nerf...if anything certain characters will be getting a buff. IE Mileena. I'd welcome a kitana buff but I hold my on quite well with kitana so as long as she's not touch all's right with the world. D'vorah kinda needs a buff but I have played against some really great players using her online that surprised me. so perhaps some are just in the advanced category. bottom line...people just need to play as more than one. you get more fun out of the game. Erron Black for I example I originally wanted to like and thought would be easier then was immediately put off but after getting used to some of his gun moves, etc...I realized he was just more advanced. Mileena though is just too awesome and has too great of combos and outfits to be so punishable.

adamlon1

Noob
Join the Mediocre Army and join Kenshi (Kappa)
No but in all seriousness you should really try Kenshi his combos are quite extensive in all 3 variations and he has good midscreens and good corner combos but then again he doesn't have nearly as much mobility as Kung Jin or the divekick so maybe you would want to try Kung Lao as he does have that range(Sort of), the divekick, the combos and the power to back it up but his main range comes from his projectiles he gets in the buzzsaw variant

Yeah, everyone acts like a nerf must be the end of the character. Remember that in IGAU Aquaman got nerfed, but he was still a top character.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
ive been at a complete stand still when it comes to picking a second character to learn. I've mained Jin since release and no one really feels as solid or as good.

With all the bitching I encounter, I fear NRS is going to nerf kill him, so who should I pick up on the side?

I literally have no idea...

Raiden, Ermac, Liu Kang, D'vorah, Quan Chi, Erron Black, Kenshi, someone else?

Who do you think will feel good after playing with Jin for awhile?
I hate Dung Jin with the passion of 1,000 burning suns. I CAN'T WAIT for him to be hit by the nerf train and HIT HARD. I light a candle and say a prayer to the NRS Gods every night that someone take that ridiculously over reaching staff of his and shove it up his ass.

Bugman

Noob
Alright here are the characters that i think needs a nerf bad:
1. Erron Black
2. Kano
3. Sub- Zero
4. Liu Kang
5. D'Vorah
6. Quan Chi
7. Jacqui
8. Kung Jin
9. Scorpion (Even if he my secondary)

Nerf those characters in the game will be legit.

Last edited:

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
1. Erron Black
2. Kano
3. Sub- Zero
4. Liu Kang
5. D'Vorah
6. Quan Chi
7. Jacqui
8. Kung Jin

Perfect list. (after you add Scorpion)

1. Erron Black
2. Kano
3. Sub- Zero
4. Liu Kang
5. D'Vorah
6. Quan Chi
7. Jacqui
8. Kung Jin
9. Scorpion (Even if he my secondary)

so its the list of the characters who give you trouble?

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
1. Erron Black (CRAZY good mixups/pressure) + great zoning You can't have your cake and eat it too.
2. Kano (I know it's cliche at this point, but those knives are just stupid online)
3. Sub- Zero (Do I even need to?)
4. Liu Kang (Too safe)
5. D'Vorah (Insanely good reach, meter building, frame traps, and chip damage)
6. Quan Chi (bats recovery)
7. Jacqui (Even knowing "technically" how to get out of the guns spam: IE don't block and inch you way forward. Online it is just impossible)
8. Kung Jin (BEYOND broken character, I used to hate MK9 Kung L for having EVERY tool possible but this guy has all that PLUS the best reach in the game, PLUS 50/50s, PLUS braindead-major damage-scrub friendly-combos)
9. Scorpion (Even completed scrubs are owning with this guy online, I don't care what the frame data says; you try punishing that teleport online, or reacting to the overhead.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
If you like Kung Jin I can guarentee you'll like Lao. His pressure is more about staggering strings and getting people to respect spin/low hat, but hes still just as fun to play.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
2. Kano (I know it's cliche at this point, but those knives are just stupid online)
7. Jacqui (Even knowing "technically" how to get out of the guns spam: IE don't block and inch you way forward. Online it is just impossible)
9. Scorpion (Even completed scrubs are owning with this guy online, I don't care what the frame data says; you try punishing that teleport online, or reacting to the overhead.
Let's hope NRS dont listen to players like this and balance the game based on online play. Jesus Christ.

Let the hate flow through you.
I like that line SZSR

Original poster...SZSR is right in what he said. Depends on your style of play you feel comfortable with you should choose that category of characters.
In addition I would always have a secondary character as well if there are any really bad match up for my main. And it's always good to have back up

Just let the hate flow through you, give you motivation.

Anywho on the serious side, try looking at what you actually like about KJ and look for it in other characters. Do you like the long range? Try D'Vorah. Do you like the 50/50s? Try Sonya. Do you like the mobility? Try Kung Lao. Just look at the direction in what you have fun doing.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
Let's hope NRS dont listen to players like this and balance the game based on online play. Jesus Christ.
Let's look at the game from a business stand point, as NRS does. You have essentially two choices 1. Cater to the OVERWHELMING majority of players that give life to the game by racking up countless hours online or 2. Cater to a VERY small percentage of players that have local scenes/tournament players.