What's new

Favorite NES game!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Isn't Solomon's Key considered one of the most difficult games ever made?
There was a cheat to continue, without the cheat I could definitely see it being one of the hardest games. I've gotten to level 48, and have heard there are 50 total but I have no idea. Its a fun challenging kind of difficult though, not like todays games where you just play through and anyone can beat it.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I was just a kid so my favorite ones might seem corny to you guys. My favorites were Chip n Dale 1 and 2 and the ninja turtles.
I'm sorry, but TMNT 1 was one of the biggest disgraces to the NES. It was not faithful to the original cartoon series which made the game mainstream, Krang and many other well-known villains weren't in the game, the challenge was ridiculously high, and above all else... the turtles theme song was NOWHERE in the entire game (aside from a brief 2 second snippet when defeating a boss!)

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
So many great titles in this thread. Honestly....but LBSH:

Excitebike
Battletoads
Skate or Die!
Zelda (Dat Gold Cartridge)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
So many great titles in this thread. Honestly....but LBSH:

Excitebike
Battletoads
Skate or Die!
Zelda (Dat Gold Cartridge)
Battletoads? You mean the game that is virtually unplayable and actually verified as impossible to beat with 2 players? If RARE had designed that game in a fashion similar to the first level, it would have been a masterpiece... but they really went overboard with the challenge factor in that game.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Battletoads? You mean the game that is virtually unplayable and actually verified as impossible to beat with 2 players? If RARE had designed that game in a fashion similar to the first level, it would have been a masterpiece... but they really went overboard with the challenge factor in that game.
I hear ya. But video games that couldnt be beaten are so far and few between. Im sure at the time I was angey about, but right now, i look back with fond memories on that silly game. I dunno. Glutton for punishment I guess.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
that game rox. I need to beat it! (solo and co-op!)
Yea, I think I've only got to the undead cemetery, but I dont really try and only play with her. Lots of me running around attempting frantically to revive her while she spams the *HI FIVE* button.

Hemlock

Noob
Yea, I think I've only got to the undead cemetery, but I dont really try and only play with her. Lots of me running around attempting frantically to revive her while she spams the *HI FIVE* button.
the couple that plays together, stays together!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Only one... you are out of your mind...

1.Bionic Commando
2 Legend of Zelda
3. Metroid (the music and metroids on the way to mother brain scared me as a child! lol)
4. Castlevania
5. Mega Man 2
6. Duck Tales
7. Wizards and Warriors
8. Solstice (dat music)
9. Battletoads