What's new

Breakthrough - Royal Storm Father's Day King Jerrod Appreciation Thread

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Greetings fellow Kitana acolytes. In the 2 months since MKX's release there's been a lot of doom and gloom about our beloved character. Today is not a day for that. Today is father's day and I want to remind everyone that our beloved Kitana cannot be a princess without being the daughter of a king. King Jerrod of Edenia!

The benevolent, wise and just Jerrod died many years before MK1. He has never been playable and is rarely seen in the backstory. He isn't an important or memorable character to most MK fans. But he is important to us! Please take one day to stop the bitter fighting over her tier list position and just appreciate father Jerrod. For without him and Sindel we wouldn't have our princess to be passionate about.

And while we're at it, let's give some appreciation for Shao Kahn as well. Adopted fathers are still fathers. Even though Kitana and Shao haven't gotten along lately we should still keep in mind he raised her as his daughter for thousands of years and taught her the ways of kombat.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Clearly King Jerrod will make his return, as will Shao Kahn. But for now we can simply celebrate good times come on! Or something like that for Fathers day~

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I want King Jerrod as next DLC character, with two types of teleports, long limbs, ability to call down star strike and orb setups