What's new

General/Other F23 Trouble

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Let me preface this by saying Im not a bad player and I need my fellow DS's help. Does the f23 string seem inconsistent to anyone else? It is the only string that seems to be this way for me, especially in juggles. Anyone have this problem? or is it just me? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
do it later rather than sooner. you want to hit it after you land from 323 not before.
That's what I do bro, btw thanks for the reply. The string itself seems to be the problem for me. I have no idea what it is. Everytime I do the string, I use the exact same input as the time before. Seems to be around 40% of the time my character just punches, in turn making me look like a combo dropping retard.

so you mean to say that f23 isn't coming out? if so, that is interesting as my gf has the same problem trying to do that string. she has a 2 in 10 success rate with it.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
so you mean to say that f23 isn't coming out? if so, that is interesting as my gf has the same problem trying to do that string. she has a 2 in 10 success rate with it.
Ive been trying to tack it on at the end of my combos as of late. I did it 10 times and 3 didn't come out 4 of the times. Really weird stuff, btw I play on MK controls with release check off.

Btw, you should have her try what I suggested in my previous post. Seems to help a bit, still not 100% for me yet though.

Ive been trying to tack it on at the end of my combos as of late. I did it 10 times and 3 didn't come out 4 of the times. Really weird stuff, btw I play on MK controls with release check off.

well she's worse off than you lol. she can hardly do the string from a neutral position yet she seems to have no problem doing something like b1u2. weird how execution works

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Practice, practice practice. There's nothing wrong with the string. Try this: (Starter > Extender) > 32F3 (Keep holding F), F23 x SF
Im sure the string is fine, just curious if anyone felt the input is more strict than other strings. Btw thanks for the jug, thats the one ive been using. Holding f early seems to help as I said.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Im sure the string is fine, just curious if anyone felt the input is more strict than other strings. Btw thanks for the jug

It IS stricter in some combos. Mainly the shorter ones. But if you're doing the standard BnBs there shouldn't be any problems.

well she's worse off than you lol. she can hardly do the string from a neutral position yet she seems to have no problem doing something like b1u3. weird how execution works
I know exactly what your problem is man. Or at least i think i do. What i did when i had this problem, was went to practice mode and input it the way I was at the time and so how inconsistent that was, and then tried inputting it a bunch of times fast. It's a pretty quick string, so my best advice is to practice hitting the buttons quicker than you normally do and see if that helps. Also, it's sometimes harder to get used to hitting the two buttons faster. when you go from not hitting 323 so fast sometimes you tend to hit f2, 3 at the same speed which isnt fast enough.

I know exactly what your problem is man. Or at least i think i do. What i did when i had this problem, was went to practice mode and input it the way I was at the time and so how inconsistent that was, and then tried inputting it a bunch of times fast. It's a pretty quick string, so my best advice is to practice hitting the buttons quicker than you normally do and see if that helps.

i'll pass this on to her, thx! this has been the issue for her in the past with other strings but eventually overcame them with enough practice.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
F2's cancel window is incredibly small. Ever try cancelling F2 into a special move like Sword Flip? Shyt's ****ing impossible. Input F23 without even watching the string come out, in rapid succession.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I know exactly what your problem is man. Or at least i think i do. What i did when i had this problem, was went to practice mode and input it the way I was at the time and so how inconsistent that was, and then tried inputting it a bunch of times fast. It's a pretty quick string, so my best advice is to practice hitting the buttons quicker than you normally do and see if that helps. Also, it's sometimes harder to get used to hitting the two buttons faster. when you go from not hitting 323 so fast sometimes you tend to hit f2, 3 at the same speed which isnt fast enough.
You are 100% spot on man, that was my prob. I do hit 323 like im high as fuck, so naturally that leaked into f23. I love these forums, I always get legit answers.

F2's cancel window is incredibly small. Ever try cancelling F2 into a special move like Sword Flip? Shyt's ****ing impossible. Input F23 without even watching the string come out, in rapid succession.
Haha no shit man, it's damn near impossible. One day i was trying to come up with a bounce cancel combo, i think it was something like b1u2, f2 xx wall bounce cancel and i was raging.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
It pretty easy, what I do is I wait for Slade to go back to standing animation after 3,2,3 then input f2. its a pretty tight link, so as im doing 3,2,3 I have forward held down so f2 comes out smoothly. just tinker with it.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Offline it's easy, but man am I having problems hitting it online could just be my inexperience with Deathstroke I guess.
After these fine gentlemen helped me out, ive been landing it all night. Dropped a couple, but no biggie.