What's new

Question - Kotal Kahn F2 x3 juggle is Hard for me.

MORDECA1

Noob
Is it bad that I have a bit of trouble doing this? I am new to the genre as a whole, but I am a level 47. Anyways I end up only going for the F2 once and no more. The timing is so difficult for me. You can be either too fast or too slow and I usually am one of them.

Just wondering if this is just me or not. So frustrating, I see gameplay of people who are not pros that just do it without effort.

REYTHEGREAT

Doing 3 F2 online will almost never connect due to connections, lag or delay. But if you can't do 3 offline, I think it's all about timing and keeping an eye on the other character to see the process of the fall.

Orangutan

WutanOrangutan
@MORDECA1 Yeah it's a little tricky and not really viable at all with lag. What I try and think about, is slightly delaying the second f2 after the first, cos otherwise it'll whiff and they fall behind you (if you do it too fast). Although for the third f2 it's the opposite, and you gotta try get it out as quickly as possible after the second one.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't play much online but I find b14 mid combo to be horribly difficult to land.

Reactions: RYX

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
All of Kotal's launchers have a strict timing that you just have to get used to. Connecting after F1B2 is a pain in the ass but I'm finding it easier to convert the more I play him.

Last edited:

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Use F2, 1, F2 mid screen as its way easier to connect and lands more consistently. Use 3x F2 in the corner as you don't have to worry about timing as much.

mattnin

Noob
Some people are getting f2 x 4! I've been able to do it in practice only a handful of times and in the corner. Not sure exactly how I'm doing it but it is possible.

I posted this in the Kotal combo thread but I'll parrot it here.

F2-F2-JB1-F2-F1B2~DF2 35% (36% with B122~DB1 ender )

Makes doing mid-screen combos off of F2 WAY easier. Note the second F2 has to be done immediately after the first so you're right under them when you launch them. Does not work when hitting F2 on a crouching opponent. Works on all body types.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Some people are getting f2 x 4! I've been able to do it in practice only a handful of times and in the corner. Not sure exactly how I'm doing it but it is possible.
Possible but not optimal as your ender is a d1xxairgrab most likely which lowers the overall combo damage. This is much easier on female characters.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Just curious, has it been tested that it's systematically possible on all characters? I always double check with a female character as the training dummy when I'm theorycrafting a new juggle.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
I only do one or two online. It's better to sacrifice damage for consistency. Getting a 30% combo is better than getting 15% then dropping it.

MORDECA1

Noob
I am getting better. My new problem is that I constantly press the special move I use to cancel the string too early. Like I will go for the simple 114 xx DF1 and I will drop the Sun Ray about a third of the time. The Sun Ray is DF4, so I think I type in XXB and beging the DF2 too quickly and drop that stupid ray on the ground.

I do with with B122 xx DF2 or other special moves. You have to wait for those two twos to come out and I always begin the next cancel to early and swing his hammer after B1 or B12.