What's new

Ex nutpunch to interrupt strings?

I learned not too long ago that ex nut punch has some invincibility frames on it (that or I forgot since i read this in tom brady's TYM guide lol). I tested this out against SZ's 212 and raiden's 334 and it interrupted their strings. I haven't seen this too often in high level play (or any JC players for that matter).

I highly doubt this is new but I thought I'd point it out.

Georgie

Ex Shadow Kick
Yeah i was just testing this yesterday i could stuff SZ 212 string and liu kangs 213 string. Pretty useful imo.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
you can stuff noob saibots B121 string hit it as soon as u block the 2 ... happened against me yesterday 8(

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I was thinking about making a compendium of non-jailing strings (ones you can X-ray or EX nut punch at a certain point) but i'm pretty much too lazy.

Some important ones were mentioned here, another is Raidens B312 between 2nd and 3rd hit. Raidens 334 works on any hit I believe.

Most I find are variations in a string or strings that arn't normally used. For example, Kitana's F4,B4 you can do this while her F4,1 you cannot and most kitana players always use F4,1.

For that matter, Sub's 214 you cannot ex nutpunch between the 2nd and 3rd hit like you can in 212 so watch out. Nearly every SZ will use 212 though after jump-ins and such though.

Nightwolfs F3,1 you can as well. This is a really helpful one because most Nightwolf players use this string constantly.

Kabals F4,1+2 as well. Not very useful though as this is usually not used by most Kabals.