What's new

Tech - Grandmaster EX Clone defensive option select!!!!

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
If there was no new tech..why post this? Unless you are trying to prove a point Sub really needs to be fix.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Further proof that Sub Zero needs addressed in an up coming patch, its beyond a joke after two major patches in which Kung Lao that was already excellent in BuzzSaw had his two other variations rounded off, not to mention Tempest which is/was the best variation in the game, and new Hat Trick easy to set up buffs, Kang, Kenshi, etc etc.

Just more proof.

There is no need for a fail safe on EX Clone because there will always be a game system fail safe that works against and overrides the EX Clone fail safe.

Again... Ex Clone needs its start up slowed to the same speed of normal clone (from 6 to 8) which ensures that it always comes out as a clone cancel on block and it needs to keep the same cancel adv so SZ stays safe on the special cancel. EX Clone should also not disappear when SZ blocks an attack. This is fair..

Several characters have received significant buffs across all 3 variations but SZ gets a nerf to GM and nothing more. Yes, I understand that not all variations are made to be equally as strong. That being said, can we at least get the "stronger" of the 3 variations to work right?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Wow, I got so trolled by this... Could have made the video 1-2 minutes and it would have actually been funny.

MLGIHydro

@MLGIHydro
Don't you get it? I am looking for solutions and none work because the move doesn't work right.
Exactly. It's really frustrating trying to find ways to level up but being limited by the fact that Sub Zero's entire game is focused around clone, and it doesn't even work.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
It's because there is more push back when B33 hits male characters. Female characters don't get pushed back as far when B33 hits which allows the normal Ice Blast to combo mid screen.
Thanks. I figured it was something along those lines.

And instead of getting over it, like plenty of people have to do with their characters, you make another thread.
Hey man.. it was said "find new innovative ways" which I did and none of them work. Get this through your head - eventually the meta of this variation stops because you cant make use of all of his tools. You cant make full use of them not because the move isn't useful, its because you cant even get the move to come out half the time.

Imagine if KL players couldn't ex hat spin off of attacks most of the time because it just wont come out. Not only would it hurt the evolution of that variation, I also doubt they'd "get over it"...

Wigy

There it is...
Hey man.. it was said "find new innovative ways" which I did and none of them work. Get this through your head. Eventually the meta of this character stops because you cant make use of all of his tools.

Imagine KL players couldn't ex hat spin off of attacks most of the time. I doubt they'd "get over it"...
Listen, i play JC.

In stunt double i can't use one of my combos cause its randomly whiffs for no reason
114 one of his better strings ALSO randomly whiffs
Delayed ball punch, ALSO randomly whiffs on a number of the cast.

Thats just ones of the top of my head on ONE character.

Tom i agree subzero needs fixes but you're making yourself and the subzero community look horrible with all these endless crying threads.

You spent two seconds 'innovating' before you found something u could go and cry about on here

People are aware of the issues.
You crying every 3 days just makes nobody take them seriously.

Listen, i play JC.

In stunt double i can't use one of my combos cause its randomly whiffs for no reason

Thats just ones of the top of my head on ONE character.

Tom i agree subzero needs fixes but you're making yourself and the subzero community look horrible with all these endless crying threads.

People are aware of the issues.
You crying every 3 days just makes nobody take them seriously.
First let me say that we all agree the clone needed the extra second of cool down.. Now....

"Crying" you say...and this the issue. The Clone was nerfed because of all the crying and when we brought up the nerf of clone going away on block and mentioned just how unsafe a clone cancel is in general it was said "use ex clone". Then we try to use ex clone and get punished just the same because we find out it doesn't work right. Then, us asking for a fix after getting a significant nerf due to crying, gets us called cry babies.

This issue is completely being swept under the rug and it is said that "SZ players should find new and innovative ways to use this move rather then ask for a fix". If people want to insult our intelligence then they shouldn't get offended when tech is found that should work but only almost works because no matter how "new and innovative" you get, it all comes back to the same issue.

Last edited:

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Listen, i play JC.

And would you not want to bring it to the attention of players and maybe some people who work for NRS that possibly don't know this is happening or is that big of a deal?

All Tom is doing is bring to light issues in the game with GM, simple as.

You don't have to like it, but you certainly shouldn't discourage it, ever, nothing good will ever come of that.