What's new

evo 2010 stream & irc channel + Twitter feed

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
im on quakenet irc right now , looking forward to all the matches and chat today

some links

live stream is here, from there you can use a webirc client to chat and use twitter feed

http://evo2k.com/live/

Dark_Rob

Noob
Oh man, there schedule is wack. Why does Tekken 6 basically get all of saturday but SSF2THDR only has a lousy hour and a half on sunday?? HDR slays Tekken.

summoning

Oh man, there schedule is wack. Why does Tekken 6 basically get all of saturday but SSF2THDR only has a lousy hour and a half on sunday?? HDR slays Tekken.
hi rob! how you doing bro, come on the irc channel and we can talk some mk smack;)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
MvC3 seems to be exactly what I expected the US to get instead of TvC, and I predicted this before TvC was released. I really am disappointed with it. The Marvel characters will draw in some interest, obviously more than th Tatsunoku characters here, but I don't think it's gonna last 7 or 8 years heavy like MvC2.

summoning

so far 12k viewers not a terrible stream laggy yes but i have a 1mb connection in Poland here so im not a good judge how is it for you guys?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm just so glad a Gief player repped it up hard. Wong was totally not himself.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
One of Sanford's unused buttons on the 8 button face was binded to PPP or KKK and he wanted to make it nothing so he was going to alert them. I don't know why he paused mid game but it cost him the round. You can use the empty button as a fake because it's like a sound trigger that players will listen for. After that they weren't aware of the match victory counts so they had to sort through it. There was another pause later during a game ending combo, so it didn't count.

I know Melee tournament standard pause rules are that you have to ask your opponent to pause for you. Why is that so hard for some people to do? It seems like it would take a rather large amount of assholishness to pause the game in that setting.

The stream really killed at very selective points, and was even down for about 15 minutes in the beginning of the T6 finals. However, failing at the end of the SFIV finals really really pissed me off to no end.

Great turnout overall this year though. Really enjoyed the banter between Harada (Namco) and Ono (Capcom) too, and they were real class acts who care about their respective communities. If anyone missed that part, Harada was yanking Ono chain for an upcoming Capcom announcement that was delayed until Comicon. He was really persistent so perhaps a collaboration of some sort between the two companies?