What's new

Everybody hates Kano..

Sodium

Noob
Christ. You zone people, they RQ and send hate mail. You rushdown and pressure them into submission, they RQ and send hate mail. Why do people hold so much deep seeded anger towards an easily countered character? lol

They need to pick Smoke, problem solved.
than Kano's can't Zone and if the kano ball get's blocked an avarage smoke punishes it with a 35%+ combo.
RQ and sending Hatemails is a sign that they're just weak. and bad and than blame kano.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Is it bad that I read that like the opening of everybody hates chris?

And take hate a sign you are doing something right.

Because he looks like Russell Crowe, who they think is a poor actor and a man of bad taste and sportsmanship.

In all seriousness.. I love Kano to death, but my God fighting him for some reason is an enraging experience. I just can't put my finger on it.

hardwire

Noob
i love playing kano

people that pick him think im gonna be an ez win then i crush them with thows 35% punishes

hehehe i love playing smoke :)

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
My roomie mains Kano and it enrages me. He couldn't grasp why. So I picked Kano for the first time ever and asked him how to perform upball and knife throw. I spammed him to near death both rounds, went in for blocked JK into Xray to finish the match and he got quiet. I don't know. He's not as ridiculous as he was right after the buff but he just strikes me as an auto-pilot character. I know there are some good Kano players out there, he just doesn't appeal to me.

Sodium

Noob
It just makes me shake my head lol. Idk about PSN, but XBL is a Kung Lao wake up spin pit of decay, and after you beat/babality/shoveheadinchest these people, they're superior skills tell them that you could not possibly be better than them.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
It just makes me shake my head lol. Idk about PSN, but XBL is a Kung Lao wake up spin pit of decay, and after you beat/babality/shoveheadinchest these people, they're superior skills tell them that you could not possibly be better than them.
This might the wrong place. But why are you called the King of Sodium. Seems like a very odd name to pick. Can you tell me why you call yourself that?

Sodium

Noob
I kind of like it when my opponent gets salty lol. Like the few decent MK players in my area(Oklahoma) are pretty quick to whine/get angry, and I play to that fact.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
This might the wrong place. But why are you called the King of Sodium. Seems like a very odd name to pick. Can you tell me why you call yourself that?
Because he's saltier than the red sea. :suckit:

Jks, lol.

I kind of like it when my opponent gets salty lol. Like the few decent MK players in my area(Oklahoma) are pretty quick to whine/get angry, and I play to that fact.
Lol, as good a reason as any, I suppose.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Seems true, in some cases ........ I remember before the last patch fix, the "Upball Spamming feast" we could see online, maybe this helped to taint Kano's image online .......... there was no decent delay and people could do that stuff 4ever .....

Sometimes when you pick Kano, after a previous match where you had tough fight and won using other character, some online fanboys just trash talk, saying "You need to pick Kano to win 2 in a row, dude ?"

Oh my ............

Sodium

Noob
Seems true, in some cases ........ I remember before the last patch fix, the "Upball Spamming feast" we could see online, maybe this helped to taint Kano's image online .......... there was no decent delay and people could do that stuff 4ever .....

Sometimes when you pick Kano, after a previous match where you had tough fight and won using other character, some online fanboys just trash talk, saying "You need to pick Kano to win 2 in a row, dude ?"

Oh my ............
On this note, I didn't play Kano pre-nerf, how bad was it? Since up-ball is still pretty close to spammable.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
On this note, I didn't play Kano pre-nerf, how bad was it? Since up-ball is still pretty close to spammable.
I seem to remember pre-pre patch it was as punishable as regular ball. Then it was as punishable as Kung Spin. If you are facing 30 frames of input lag. And have broken fingers and your controls are really sticky.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
Kano's a bad, bad man. He should be hated.

Like Noob, Kano calls for a special type of player. I don't recommend maining him unless salty loser tears are like sweet, sweet nectar to you. The hate mail should only make you stronger. Revel in it. :pirate:

Yeah, Kano was designed to be hated. But I love him to death. I think after Freddy comes out he'll take a little heat (tons o' pun lol) off Kano.

I thought of the slinky song when i read this title (everyone hates a kaaano lol)
Honestly playing today I started getting angry with Kano, and I was playing him. Holding characters in position for a good 10 seconds with knives, being such a jerk

i think people don't like him because he requires little to no effort to use effectivley

I hate when people say that. If he took no effort to be good with, then all the Kanos at EVO would have gotten higher positions that they did. Not a single Kano in the top 8.

Now, he can be a bitch online, but if you are decent at the game and/or offline, the annoying tactics are very easy to get around. A Kano player fighting experienced opponents has to work as hard as most characters.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
i think people don't like him because he requires little to no effort to use effectivley
I wish I knew why people thought this... This is the Kano-haters' go-to phrase. I have to disagree completely. I spent about 8 hours today fighting practice matches for my TYM Championship Games tomorrow and we had some very good fighters in our room. One was a Kung Lao player who just bitched the entire time about how cheap and braindead Kano is while he Spun-Raped (I'm copyrighting that word...) everyone in the room. At one point my uppercut was IN his chest when he started his Spin and it beat me out... But anyway, I'm not here to rant about Kung Lao. I'm here to defend Kano as a viable character. I think he has to work much harder than other characters for his wins. Not only does he have several close-to-impossible matchups, but his tools are very limited. He's considered a zoning character but his one zoning tool can be ducked completely. Because he's a "zoning character" his rushdown offense is lackluster. His Ball attacks are fast, but when blocked he will eat a full kombo. The one thing he has going for him is his versatility. A good Kano player can fight from a variety of distances with a variety of tactics comfortably. I think this makes Kano a very deep character that takes quite a while to master. You can't just take him into training mode and memorize his (shitty) kombos and special moves. The only way to really learn him is to gain actual fighting experience. I would say that takes more effort than pretty much any other character in the game.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
imo the most annoying characters to play against are

1. good kunglao: spin spin spin 12 low hat 12 low hat 12 low hat dive kick. spin

2. Kano: knife knkife knife knife knife knife knife knife knife knife knife ball ball knife ball.. and with no teleport its the biggest bitch ever

3. Raiden: telport string teleport string teleport lighting ball superman

4. Kabal: low projectile crap ( i forgot what its called) jump fireball jump fire ball, low projectile crap... soooooo annoying..

honorable mentions: mileena, scorpion(ahhh so many),

kano was my troll char, but now kano is my second main, my beautiful princes kitana do the nice fights against nice opponents, and my kano takes care of crap opponents-lamers-spammers ect. he do the ugly shit job.. and he do it very well <3

i recomend allways not to do an fatality, do an back throw.. then kano will spit in opponents face :D

if they dont hate ur kano, dont quit or dont hatemail u, then ur r dong it wrong ;)