What's new

EventHubs 2015 Top 50 Mortal Kombat X Players List (1-50)

Schuyler

Noob
I did say he did deserve props on the top 8 of esl, be performed far better than expectation, but getting there should be expected with someone like his experience, and with Australia no offense to it, how good can they be against a pro player when they have gotten nearly every mk banned? They just don't have the experience. And no he didn't get to 16 at every major. Not even close, maybe if he actually was pro active and want cocky as fuck and actually go to more majors I would be more convinced of his skill, I haven't considered him a high caliber player since mk9. And I don't think sonic fox would 13-0 a majority of the players in top 50. The players that should be in top 50 shouldn't get the floor wiped with them they should at least win a couple games against the best of the best hell more than a couple games since top 50 implies they are the best of the best. Fatal 8 doesn't count since that was before the game was released everyone only had 2 days to get their berrings on the game, everyone had an equal chance to win that. No one has high expectations of him, we are just waiting for him to actually prove himself in mkx, hell nearing the end of mk9's lifespan he was starting to degrade due to his lack of practice and shitty attitude. If he wants to be back on that pedistal, he can't just rely on past victories to stay a big name, he needs to work his ass off instead of occasionally maybe playing locals or maybe playing casuals, hell when he was at EGP ranbat (which I went to) he didn't play a single casual and expected to mop the floor with everyone, and you know what? He didn't get very far against socal locals and esl finalists alike. So until he actually goes to more tournaments other than ESL where he gets free wins (since let's be honest most people who play ESL are online scrubs) he should not be considered top 50. And you know someone is out of his prime and dying of clinging to the last thread of pride he has in all those mk9 wins be had when he bans people for calling his lao mediocre for tournament standards, which, it is. Now there are some people who I would put in top 50 that only have gone to one major like @Dja_Homies but he only has had the chance to go to only 1 major, and that was scr, where he performed insanely well with stunt double Johnny, and he has been smashing all the locals he has been going to which also have a ton of really good players. And he is working on getting better. The last part is a big key component on a top 50 player, always trying to get better. Even when they are already in the upper excelon they still are getting better and making new tech and improving on their weaknesses, PL has done no such thing, he thinks he is good enough that he doesn't have to get better. Which is wrong, while everyone else is getting better, he is staying the same, which means more and more people are passing him in skill level. So he is getting lower and lower on best players. He needs to do something other than wave around his sponsorship that doesn't mean shit around, he needs to actually get better at the game.
So to recap he has one impressive tournament under his belt, he needs to go to more to actually prove himself, he hasn't gotten top 16 at most tournaments that is the opposite from the truth, he no top 50 player should get 13-0'd by sonic fox similar to how no top 50 player in street fighter should get 13-0'd by daigo, everyone else is improving around him while he stays the same.

You honestly must not be watcing his streams because thats all he is. Just check his Youtbe channel he has tons of sets practicing with sonic fox, honey bee, madzin etc. Hes been working really hard . He just won Esl this week. So Its paying off. Up tell about number 15 sonic fox would mop all of them. 13-0 he gt 13-0 he took an L so what but your going to find out pretty soon how hard hes been working. Pl did pretty goodin injustice. Not nearly as good as he did in mk9 but he does have some top 8 placings in injustice. I think its 3-4 to be exact with his highest being in second place. But he siad himself he really didnt enjoy that game. So you cant expect him to excel at it. The fact is PL is defiantly top 50 and hes proven it. I dont see anyone under him with the success hes had . Hes exactly where he should be and hes only getting better.

Schuyler

Noob
for the record Carl has never made a top 16 at a US major that he attended in this game. he got 25th at SJ and like 128th at Evo. he did get 4th at ESL and 1st at an Australian tournament however. yeah maybe carl should attend more majors so we can get a better sense of his overall skill in this game.
I agree he should go to more majors and he is going to NEC. But I know for a fact he got top 16 at a major he attend because he beat magician to make top 16 and he puled out BS shinnok. I think it was summerjam

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
seems like this list and complex mag were toking on the same piece pipe-

some perfect placing and then some like - :confused:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
You honestly must not be watcing his streams because thats all he is. Just check his Youtbe channel he has tons of sets practicing with sonic fox, honey bee, madzin etc. Hes been working really hard . He just won Esl this week. So Its paying off. Up tell about number 15 sonic fox would mop all of them. 13-0 he gt 13-0 he took an L so what but your going to find out pretty soon how hard hes been working. Pl did pretty goodin injustice. Not nearly as good as he did in mk9 but he does have some top 8 placings in injustice. I think its 3-4 to be exact with his highest being in second place. But he siad himself he really didnt enjoy that game. So you cant expect him to excel at it. The fact is PL is defiantly top 50 and hes proven it. I dont see anyone under him with the success hes had . Hes exactly where he should be and hes only getting better.
I will believe it when I see it, when he actually proactively goes to majors, but he is going to NEC, if he gets top 8 there, I will consider him top 50 since NEC is going to be stacked this year.

Schuyler

Noob
I will believe it when I see it, when he actually proactively goes to majors, but he is going to NEC, if he gets top 8 there, I will consider him top 50 since NEC is going to be stacked this year.
I think he either lost in top 32 or top 16 but tbh that shouldn't determine weather hes a top 50 player. Forget everything about PL from mk9 and injustice and look at his results only in mkx. if pig is top 50 pl damn sure is top 50. Hes right were he should be. The only people that should be ahead of him is zyphox and dragon if im not forgetting anyone so hes around 24/50.

MrProfDrPepper

I think he either lost in top 32 or top 16 but tbh that shouldn't determine weather hes a top 50 player. Forget everything about PL from mk9 and injustice and look at his results only in mkx. if pig is top 50 pl damn sure is top 50. Hes right were he should be. The only people that should be ahead of him is zyphox and dragon if im not forgetting anyone so hes around 24/50.
Eeeehhhhhh his only real results are from ESL, the reason pig is there is because he used such a low tier character in many majors and still got pretty far. PL however hasn't gotten very far in most tournaments he has gone to (other than ESL) and he is using a top tier character. Also I believe that wonder chef has a vastly superior lao to PL

Schuyler

Noob
Eeeehhhhhh his only real results are from ESL, the reason pig is there is because he used such a low tier character in many majors and still got pretty far. PL however hasn't gotten very far in most tournaments he has gone to (other than ESL) and he is using a top tier character. Also I believe that wonder chef has a vastly superior lao to PL
Pl has been using lao since the game first came out. He was using pre patched buzzsaw which was about mid tier and nobody was playing him. So hes not picking lao just because hes op tier. Plus every one has the opportunity to use kung lao. I don't see how you can say that wonder chef who has NO offline results that I can see is better than PL. Stop holding him to the mk9 standard and start looking at him like a regular player.

MrProfDrPepper

Pl has been using lao since the game first came out. He was using pre patched buzzsaw which was about mid tier and nobody was playing him. So hes not picking lao just because hes op tier. Plus every one has the opportunity to use kung lao. I don't see how you can say that wonder chef who has NO offline results that I can see is better than PL. Stop holding him to the mk9 standard and start looking at him like a regular player.
i never said he didnt use lao from the beginning, I just said that is his main and that it is a factor post patch where he became damn good, not OP by the way, and I say Wonderchef due to a little bit of bias from that i know what he is capable of since i watch him play all the time in socal locals and here we have quite a few really good players that cant make it out to more tournaments. like Armor, Nubcakes, guamo, dja homies, zack rob, and a couple that play other games primarily like chris g, and Philipino man. also chef won northwst regionals, not sure why people forget that. and im not holding PL to the standard of MK9, im holding him to the standard of a regular player, a standard player that is cocky as fuck and acts like he is tough shit, so of course i am going to judge him more harshly. if he is going to go out and say shit like he is the best lao he has to earn it and prove it.

Schuyler

Noob
i never said he didnt use lao from the beginning, I just said that is his main and that it is a factor post patch where he became damn good, not OP by the way, and I say Wonderchef due to a little bit of bias from that i know what he is capable of since i watch him play all the time in socal locals and here we have quite a few really good players that cant make it out to more tournaments. like Armor, Nubcakes, guamo, dja homies, zack rob, and a couple that play other games primarily like chris g, and Philipino man. also chef won northwst regionals, not sure why people forget that. and im not holding PL to the standard of MK9, im holding him to the standard of a regular player, a standard player that is cocky as fuck and acts like he is tough shit, so of course i am going to judge him more harshly. if he is going to go out and say shit like he is the best lao he has to earn it and prove it.
When did he say hes the best lao ? You have your opions I have mine. I think if you've made top 4 at a world tournament your top 50 but thats just me.

MrProfDrPepper

When did he say hes the best lao ? You have your opions I have mine. I think if you've made top 4 at a world tournament your top 50 but thats just me.
he said it on twitter a while back. and true, you are right to have your opinion and i shall continue to be stubborn and have mine

Schuyler

Noob
I actually wonder how literally everything I've done is unknown in this game.

It's honestly more than a little mysterious... do I need to like... upplay myself more or something?
I mean that was no disrespect to you don't take that the wrong way I guess I just haven't seen you play or missed you at some tourneys cause I missed a couple early on ones.