What's new

Establishments that will wont close down during the crisis

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Since alot of businesses are affected by this unfortunate situation the worlds going thru right now, most have closed temporarily or suspended indefinitely for the time being.

However, which businesses do you think will remain open for sure? I'm thinking.
*Banks
*Grocery stores
*Hospitals, urgi cares, doctors offices etc
*post offices
*delivery services ups, Amazon, etc
*pharmacies, Cvs, private pharmacies, rite-aid, Walgreens, Duane reades.

???? Not sure what else of importance that I missed that I can't think of atm.

MKF30

Restaurants are doing better than you’d think they would. At least, the one I work at.
Whats the name of yours? A chain or privately owned? You're right however here in nyc, chinese joints are suffering bigtime. I overheard these guys other day in best buy saying they didn't want chinese food on break because coronavirus in their food. I read another story where I live, alot of the manicure joints are run by chinese people here. This lady asked the management if they've been to china or lysol their chairs etc.

Only place I can find hand sanitizer is on Ebay and Amazon.

BlissfulMedusa

Modern Woefare
Whats the name of yours? A chain or privately owned? You're right however here in nyc, chinese joints are suffering bigtime. I overheard these guys other day in best buy saying they didn't want chinese food on break because coronavirus in their food. I read another story where I live, alot of the manicure joints are run by chinese people here. This lady asked the management if they've been to china or lysol their chairs etc.

Only place I can find hand sanitizer is on Ebay and Amazon.
Red Lobster. It’s been as steady as ever. You’d think take-outs would be insane, but it’s not really any busier than usual.

Super racist that Chinese places are being hit the hardest though lol, we Americans have no shame.

MKF30

Red Lobster. It’s been as steady as ever. You’d think take-outs would be insane, but it’s not really any busier than usual.

Super racist that Chinese places are being hit the hardest though lol, we Americans have no shame.
Lol. I know it's messed up. People get paranoid all over unfortunately. I heard it's happening in Europe too. Red lobster, good place though I'm not into seafood. My family loves it except for my dad and I. I do love tuna though. Literally the only fish I like and cod.

I’m sure certain businesses will wait until one of their employees drop dead from the virus before they shut down operations and even then it’s probably iffy.

Almighty dollar.

Oh, well that got dark quick.
Lol humans being greedy is nothing new.

Look at the people hoarding supplies so they can sell them online for profit.

You think big Joe Blow corporate is gonna shut down his business if he absolutely doesn’t have too? They don’t care how many people get sick, as long as they are making money and it’s not them lol.

MKF30

Lol humans being greedy is nothing new.

Look at the people hoarding supplies so they can sell them online for profit.

You think big Joe Blow corporate is gonna shut down his business if he absolutely doesn’t have too? They don’t care how many people get sick, as long as they are making money and it’s not them lol.
Can't argue with that. Or people spraying Asian people with febreze, that actually happened here where I live.

Though not all people are bad dude. Alot are trying to help but yes, lots of bad folks out there. I know alot dirtbags exist (look at Johnny based Cage for example) who can't even take a topic seriously.

But yeah those greedy pricks should get it then be shipped off world lol. I dont blame people with families getting stuff because they're scared, but I agree that the ones snagging everything for resale for big money that's just wrong. I saw this guy on Ebay reselling a 3 inch purell foe 12 bucks each...and one store in nyc, tried selling the Bigger 8 ounce bottle for $109.00 dollars

Last edited:

MKF30

My response to those people would be "do you seriously think your McDonald's is any cleaner? People come to work sick when they need the money and the food industry is no exception."
Yeah, this is true. And to be honest, that always pissed me off. I get people need money, but man whenever someone came in with a bad cold or flu, that has always been a serious petpeeve of mine like be considerate and stay home for a few days. And tbh more jobs need to have better sick day policies to all workers, to me this is just important as decent pay.

Yeah, this is true. And to be honest, that always pissed me off. I get people need money, but man whenever someone came in with a bad cold or flu, that has always been a serious petpeeve of mine like be considerate and stay home for a few days. And tbh more jobs need to have better sick day policies to all workers, to me this is just important as decent pay.
Their milkshake machines are filled with mold.

My response to those people would be "do you seriously think your McDonald's is any cleaner? People come to work sick when they need the money and the food industry is no exception."
Not only because they need money, but possibly because the restaurant could have ludicrous sick policies and they could be scared of getting in trouble.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

As far as a group of people go, Asians in general are the one I see usually wearing masks if they are ill, as to not infect others. It’s just part of the cultural norm.
It’s most of the rest of us that take zero precautions, jacking off everywhere, licking doorknobs and kissing animals on the mouth.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The turnouts at my pub trivia shows have been higher than average, for some crazy reason. I'm just holding my breath every day though, waiting for the headcounts from my hosts. I figure it's only a matter of time before people stop going out to social events like trivia, movies, etc.

BlissfulMedusa

Modern Woefare
The turnouts at my pub trivia shows have been higher than average, for some crazy reason. I'm just holding my breath every day though, waiting for the headcounts from my hosts. I figure it's only a matter of time before people stop going out to social events like trivia, movies, etc.
But people still need a distraction. Literally every event is being canceled, movies are being pushed back, etc.

If you think about it, you may just be getting busier because so many other options are being removed.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
But people still need a distraction. Literally every event is being canceled, movies are being pushed back, etc.

If you think about it, you may just be getting busier because so many other options are being removed.
Right, but the reason those are all being canceled is to prevent people from gathering in crowds. There are plenty of distractions that don't involve going to a public place and being in tight quarters with 30-60 other people.