What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Although I view the OH nerf aa being a bit too much, 19f would be perfect, I saw that people, some serious players, still get hit by it. And NRS should improve Marksman's zoning and give Outlaw some ticks and do something with F3,2+4 string. Then we would have a great character with variations for long, mid and close range. :)
Why does he need more ticks?

NQuad1Zero

Hidden Fraud
Although I view the OH nerf aa being a bit too much, 19f would be perfect, I saw that people, some serious players, still get hit by it. And NRS should improve Marksman's zoning and give Outlaw some ticks and do something with F3,2+4 string. Then we would have a great character with variations for long, mid and close range. :)
A better antiair would also be nice (speed up Sandgust, 19frames is too slow to react to jumpins with. it's honestly too slow even if you did expect it). and a mid that doesn't lose to mileena meterless roll wakeup pliz, that annoys me so much
Also the overhead does need to be faster since even if it isnt the mixup trait of the move, I used it to punish people mashing low pokes due to EB's horrendous mids. Now it's so slow I can't even meaty with it after a knockdown which isn't F24 (since a F24 No-caltrops ender sacrifices so much damage) which means mileena meterless rolls boiz. (I have only found 1 solution to meterless roll after EXSandgrenade which ISN'T Blocking, which is being jumpback1. mileena roll goes under F3, F1, trades with B4[why would you use his sweep], mid portion of 211 etc) Playing this character against any half decent character just feels like it's never your turn to play, even once you've cornered them and scored a knockdown. Do you commit to a good blockstring (21122 or 11B3 tickthrow/launcher) and risk getting Down1/4ed, do you commit to a 50/50 (which is fuzzyable anyway) or do you commit to a F3 to try to punish the lowpoke, and risk getting your pressure ended cuz F3 specialcancel is pretty garbage. This is just my frustration after playing some players online and labbing a tonne and feeling like I should be playing better but this character holds me back lol

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Uggg, even though Gunslinger is the least affected I can't help but feel that he's changed for the worse. One of the key aspects of Gunslinger is rushing in and making them guess OH or low on wake up. Rushing in is super risky now, especially given the fact that his OH is sooooooooo slow that it can be read and punished with one hand on the controller.

He's not fast enough to do pure zoning, and he lost a lot of his rush-in viability. Pretty sad given that he wasn't overly strong to begin with.

Uggg, even though Gunslinger is the least affected I can't help but feel that he's changed for the worse. One of the key aspects of Gunslinger is rushing in and making them guess OH or low on wake up. Rushing in is super risky now, especially given the fact that his OH is sooooooooo slow that it can be read and punished with one hand on the controller.

He's not fast enough to do pure zoning, and he lost a lot of his rush-in viability. Pretty sad given that he wasn't overly strong to begin with.
The sad part is that almost no one cares for EB... Balanced Kenshi is the hot topic.

NQuad1Zero

Hidden Fraud
The sad part is that almost no one cares for EB... Balanced Kenshi is the hot topic.
This speaks to me on so many levels. Although I admit losing EXRising Karma pretty much destroyed Balanced Kenshi, he was at least given some direct buffs (even if they were meaningless) to "Attempt" to address his issues. Erron Black just... got nerfed and it's not like he had any strong showings at all. Getting low-poked after I'm plus seriously irritates me so much atm and not even being able to meaty standard getup with EB's slowass overhead. oh my lord I've even started playing Kenjutsu Kenshi just cuz it's more interesting and has some mixup potential (Spoiler alert he's still shit. Possessed is the real deal atm) and even with a damageless -13 EXPush and an unsafe uncomboable overhead (unless you spend meter, also unsafe and no longer armoured) at least he has a 18f overhead, 12f low and a super quick overhead launcher special (Tho there's very little/no reason to block low against kenjutsu after the first hit) +scrub-killing zoning which makes me believe this character is better than EB lol

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I've found that using f3 is probably our most consistent option for stopping low pokes after we are at advantage. Pretty meh considering you can't hit confirm, but something to consider.

Also, while cancelling everything into low guns is great now,I advise to not do so vs Liu Kang. His armor pushes us full screen, and he easily outzones us. Very frustrating to deal with.

NQuad1Zero

Hidden Fraud
I've found that using f3 is probably our most consistent option for stopping low pokes after we are at advantage. Pretty meh considering you can't hit confirm, but something to consider.

Also, while cancelling everything into low guns is great now,I advise to not do so vs Liu Kang. His armor pushes us full screen, and he easily outzones us. Very frustrating to deal with.
I do this too, infact it's like legitamitely the only option. Lack of any hitconfirm elements + it doesn't beat mileena meterless roll still annoys me

Mahjunia

Noob
Erron really lacks of a mid, changing b1 to be a mid would be great. And the f1 nerf is pretty stupid since f4 is 24frames if I'm not wrong and someone mentioned it some early pages, changing f1 to 19-20 frames would be fair enough.

Was s2 a mid at the early stages of the game or something?

Seriously.... this is very sad.... at least give us a decent mid..... something pls!

Questions though,
Would it be weird if certain variations of a character had different rules? Like having only marksman erron have regular stamina?

Noob
Erron really lacks of a mid, changing b1 to be a mid would be great. And the f1 nerf is pretty stupid since f4 is 24frames if I'm not wrong and someone mentioned it some early pages, changing f1 to 19-20 frames would be fair enough.

Was s2 a mid at the early stages of the game or something?[/QUOTE

S2 was always a mid
112 was +5 I believe on block in the early game

Mahjunia

Noob
Wow I forgot bout 112... It's 15f and so negative on block right now. Making it 12f and safe on block would make it usefull again but too sad we wont get shiat anymore.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Hey everyone what is marksman gameplan? Also what are his most consistent bnbs I should be trying?

I know marksman isn't his best variation I'm just learning him for fun really. Also how do you all consistently do 21122, it gives me trouble sometimes

Noob
Hey everyone what is marksman gameplan? Also what are his most consistent bnbs I should be trying?

I know marksman isn't his best variation I'm just learning him for fun really. Also how do you all consistently do 21122, it gives me trouble sometimes
Its been a while since I played Erron Black but I believe 21122 is split into 2 inputs not including if you want his normal 2 to come out.

If you want to 21 or 211 to come out, you have to input 211 really quick.

If you want 21122 to come out, well you have to input the whole string haha

You just have to input quickly with no delay between buttons.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Its been a while since I played Erron Black but I believe 21122 is split into 2 inputs not including if you want his normal 2 to come out.

If you want to 21 or 211 to come out, you have to input 211 really quick.

If you want 21122 to come out, well you have to input the whole string haha

You just have to input quickly with no delay between buttons.
Yea I think that's my problem is I go to slow with the inputs when I need to just mash it lol