What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I mean technically that was doable pre-patch, SoS3 just wasn't safe. Good stuff.

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
Every single move in Gunslinger was massively buffed last patch (which made it possible to use SO2 in a combo and actually juggle), but you could probably do the same thing using DB4 instead of SO2 and maybe b32u1 and lose a bit of damage to get the extra pump.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I found a corner caltrop combo setup in SOS 3. it can be armored through and also tech rolled into a jumpin punch to blow it up. So you take a chance going for it but you are going into SOS stance so you could try to read a jump in. If the player doesnt tech roll or armor, it becomes a true blockstring.

Video 1 is AI reversal
Video 2 is me trying to get out of pressure.
I didnt think to show the tech roll blow up sadly.

You do realize that setting AI to auto block causes them to block on wakeup right? I've noticed you always switch mid-combo to always block lol

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Yeah I found out in training that they trade for some reason. Sonya takes 5% and Erron takes 8%.
This is if sonya does xray right on top of E.B just as he does SOS 2.
Yea he could always blow up armor with SOS 2, even some xrays. The only new thing is him being able to blow up 6 frame armored moves. They took away a frame of start up to stance which was enough to tip the iceberg lol.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
You do realize that setting AI to auto block causes them to block on wakeup right? I've noticed you always switch mid-combo to always block lol
Yes thats the point. Its already known that you can wakeup after the knockdown. Im showing you what happens when the opponent blocks the SOS 3. Having the AI do reversals fool-proofs the human error discussion. The second video's are the examples of what happens if a player tries to armor out(on wake-up), jump-out, tech-roll armor/jump-out and attempt to armor on the last hit of SOS 3. Im the one trying to get out of the setups, not the AI and when you turn reversals on the AI is set to Always blocking by default.

Last edited:

wsj515

Yes thats the point. Its already known that you can wakeup after the knockdown. Im showing you what happens when the opponent blocks the SOS 3. Having the AI do reversals fool-proofs the human error discussion. The second video's are the examples of what happens if a player tries to armor out(on wake-up), jump-out, tech-roll armor/jump-out and attempt to armor on the last hit of SOS 3. Im the one trying to get out of the setups, not the AI and when you turn reversals on the AI is set to Always blocking by default.
lol I understand what you are doing. In the first video though, you could literally just set the AI to auto block and you wouldn't have to switch mid combo, while still allowing for reversal to be on.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
lol I understand what you are doing. In the first video though, you could literally just set the AI to auto block and you wouldn't have to switch mid combo, while still allowing for reversal to be on.
Oh I never knew that. Thanks. im doing all this extra work lol.

Noob
Yea, gunslinger is fun to play with!

Um for tips, I guess for starters you should start using 21122! :p

Try doing F13 into ex-sand as well.

wsj515

I been sitting down with gunslinger and so far i have a bunch of dam fun with this variation. Any Tips?
use 11,11b3, and 21122 for pressure, cancel into exbf3 to either confirm into a combo or keep up pressure, and mix in some command grabs. Make sure you learn some bnb's outside of 'string canceled into SOS3,' as it can only get you so far. Gunslinger's most basic meterless combo starters mid screen are f1SOS2, b32SOS2, and 2112SOS2, all can be ended with rc 21122xxbf4. look around in the combo section as there is much much more.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
Messing with Gunslinger in Ranked

I will continue to main Outlaw, despite losing Sand Toss option selects. However, I firmly believe that Gunslinger is now better than Marksman and sits at number 2, though ALL 3 variations are good and have their place. The complete dismantling of Espio's Kitana zoning, and the triple SOS 2 corner combos were too hype...Hat tier, indeed. Erron may be a little slow, but we have the tools. This is how the variation system should be...Bravo, NRS!

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO
those sos2 reads must feel so satisfying. Just curious so do you favor sos2 over db4 for anti-airing?
It depends on the situation but either one can be used. Sos2 recovers faster and has more range while Db4 comes out faster. Regardless though, neither can really be done on reaction so Sos2 may end up being the better choice.

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO
I will continue to main Outlaw, despite losing Sand Toss option selects. However, I firmly believe that Gunslinger is now better than Marksman and sits at number 2, though ALL 3 variations are good and have their place. The complete dismantling of Espio's Kitana zoning, and the triple SOS 2 corner combos were too hype...Hat tier, indeed. Erron may be a little slow, but we have the tools. This is how the variation system should be...Bravo, NRS!
Thanks!

Also, I agree. I think it's Outlaw>Gunslinger>Marksman atm.