What's new

Ermac players unite: what are your biggest weaknesses?

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
i made this thread so we as ermacs can help each other out in the different area's we struggle in!
i personally struggle against characters with good AA jabs because i feel like they catch me in it always, but there are two characters in paticular that i hate with a passion: mileena and sektor
These two characters give me so much trouble Mileena because of her mix-ups and Sektor because of his special moves in general.
feel free to post any problems you guys are having and im sure "one of the many" will try and help as best as possible.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I learned the hard way not to jump against Sector lol
Beyond that though, his moves are very punishable so you beat him using that fact mainly.

Mileena, well shes a bitch.
I usually wing it when I fight her...and I fail lol
One thing I do know is that you want to zone her cuz her pokes are just insane

I have trouble with Kabal. His block dash string is ridiculous and I dont know when I can get out of it.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
This I can help you with!
i made this thread so we as ermacs can help each other out in the different area's we struggle in!
i personally struggle against characters with good AA jabs because i feel like they catch me in it always, but there are two characters in paticular that i hate with a passion: mileena and sektor
These two characters give me so much trouble Mileena because of her mix-ups and Sektor because of his special moves in general.
feel free to post any problems you guys are having and im sure "one of the many" will try and help as best as possible.
With Sektor, always block low to make Sektor's strings whiff. When they whiff you can full combo punish with 31lift or just lift. So Sektor can never do a 12b1 or 122 to you ever since the first two hits whiff. Unless he has his spacing 100% right, b34 (the 4) will whiff allowing you to lift him on reaction.

For special moves; every time you see him do an up missile, that's a free telepunch for you! I would recommend ending every combo with f4 to keep the pressure on him. Sektor has no armor and has huge problems getting pressure off him. Don't fear jumping over him too much since his AA d1 isn't that great of a hitbox and only goes into 21% for robot (27% for human). If you read normal missile spam, telepunch. Also if you block a flamethrower from any distance you can punish it with tkp. But be careful, he can punish tkp from farther ranges that most since he has a 6 frame jab. Sektor wants Ermac full screen. If you are sweep distance or up in his face, you have the advantage.

zaf

professor
Tom plays both characters, so you can trust what he says.

Toki, are you only using online as an example? if this is the case then no body can AA, online is balls.
Try playing more offline if you can, and you will notice a change in your AA game.

If you can not play offline for whatever reason, try doing this.
Start using D3 as your AA of choice. This will not hit the opponent, but the point of using this as your AA, is to completely avoid being hit. This lowers your hitbox and allows ermac to avoid being hit.

If i know my AA will not hit them in time, or I think the angle is weird and I might be hit, then I just D3 and completely avoid their attempt.

As for Mileena, I am lucky enough to play with one of ( if not the best) mileena players, Jer.
Basically, block low and watch out for her U4. This comes out on frame 27.
The reason Mileena players use it is because it is +9 on block.
If you see her u4, you have enough time to d1~tks. The d1 will knock her in the air and you can grab her.

You can punish any regular teleport with tks. Or if you know the match up better, 1~tks / b21~tks etc.
You can punish every ex teleport after the 2nd kick with d1~tks. Same deal here with U4.

You can beat her pokes with your own u4. You just need to know when they will poke and counter them.

Watch out for her 4,2 blockstring. This is 0 on block. Mileena players do use this a lot.

You jump too much, she will either ias you or teleport AA you. Try to keep the jumping to a minimum.
Also, if you cant land a jip because of her d4 then start using jik.
You can either do jik~airblast or jik~tks and go for a combo.

Start with this and you will see a change. There is tons more i can write up, but thats for the MU thread.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
I have trouble with Kabal. His block dash string is ridiculous and I dont know when I can get out of it.
From what i heard there is enough time when he dash cancels to do a d3 to keep him off you. same goes for other strings like johnny cage's F3

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Start using D3 as your AA of choice. This will not hit the opponent, but the point of using this as your AA, is to completely avoid being hit. This lowers your hitbox and allows ermac to avoid being hit.

If i know my AA will not hit them in time, or I think the angle is weird and I might be hit, then I just D3 and completely avoid their attempt.
ive started doing this and it helps crazy against crossover and jip
also i know about the teleport punish, which i jst recently started doing, but didnt know about the U4 punish, thanks! this changes the way i look at the MU entirely

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mileena's a cock smoker, her ex teleport is safe half the time(at least online) and her D4 is ridiculous, you don't know how much it bugs me that anyone else ducks eats a cross over JK or jump in punch starter, but not her...only here and there if you're lucky you'll hit her with a JK...so inconsistent.

She's a bitch for anyone, and definitely not a 5-5 match up. She's 6-4 against Ermac IMHO...unless he can punish her normal teleport which a smart mileena will hardly do, her mix ups are a pain.

Sektor I've found is also hard for Ermac but as someone who plays both characters, I can say as a Sektor player you want this match up lol. As an Ermac player, you don't lol but it can be managed if played wisely. His ex teleport is safe, normal one isn't and his mix ups up close are tricky. You also as kindred said, want to avoid jumping vs. him. Every time someone jumps at me regardless who I'm playing unless it's smoke, I always goes for his tele hehe

And of course, the classic case of Kunt Lao...oh I mean Kung Lao. Who is always a pain for Ermac, for obvious reasons. While I've been handling him a lot better past few months compared to first few months of launch, he's still a pain.

I'm also inclined to say Noob to a degree, but Ermac can get close on him between the teleport and reading his shadows so I won't say he's too much of a pain, but if you're facing a good zoning noob, ermac can easily be outplayed.

Honorable mentions: Sub-Zero, his clone hiding tricks can make it "a challenge" for Ermac and Reptile isn't exactly fun for Ermac, or Cage but if you keep them away, away, away they can't do shit.

Death

Noob
Mileena's a cock smoker, her ex teleport is safe half the time(at least online) and her D4 is ridiculous, you don't know how much it bugs me that anyone else ducks eats a cross over JK or jump in punch starter, but not her...only here and there if you're lucky you'll hit her with a JK...so inconsistent.

She's a bitch for anyone, and definitely not a 5-5 match up. She's 6-4 against Ermac IMHO...unless he can punish her normal teleport which a smart mileena will hardly do, her mix ups are a pain.

Sektor I've found is also hard for Ermac but as someone who plays both characters, I can say as a Sektor player you want this match up lol. As an Ermac player, you don't lol but it can be managed if played wisely. His ex teleport is safe, normal one isn't and his mix ups up close are tricky. You also as kindred said, want to avoid jumping vs. him. Every time someone jumps at me regardless who I'm playing unless it's smoke, I always goes for his tele hehe

And of course, the classic case of Kunt Lao...oh I mean Kung Lao. Who is always a pain for Ermac, for obvious reasons. While I've been handling him a lot better past few months compared to first few months of launch, he's still a pain.

I'm also inclined to say Noob to a degree, but Ermac can get close on him between the teleport and reading his shadows so I won't say he's too much of a pain, but if you're facing a good zoning noob, ermac can easily be outplayed.

Honorable mentions: Sub-Zero, his clone hiding tricks can make it "a challenge" for Ermac and Reptile isn't exactly fun for Ermac, or Cage but if you keep them away, away, away they can't do shit.

Actually agree with some of this. The MU chart over in the Mil forums i had mileena emrac 5-5 and players over there were blowing me up saying ermac beats mileena...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think it's definitely close match up, but some will think Ermac has the edge and vice versa. I always thought Mileena had the edge over Ermac from launch because she's one of the few in the entire roster who can beat him consistently, there's a few others but she's definitely up there.

I wouldn't mind if they kept her D4, if they nerfed her ex teleport. Either one or two things I'd be fine with. 1. Make it so she can't shoot a sai in the air on ex teleport(it's like two moves in one if you think about it, kind of annoying) She's already hitting you twice with the kick fast, on top of that able to shoot you? ehh...

The other thing I'd be fine with if they kept that, at least slow down her speed of the teleport(enhanced) keep the speed fast for normal one but slow it down a tad for the ex one.

Hell, if they want to increase her damage even on combos I'm fine with that and I doubt mileena players would complain...I just never agreed with her ex teleports, the timing to punish that(at least online) is very slim for Ermac.

But now, I use another ninja against tricky mileenas now and been practicing his resets makes a great match up for tough Mileenas. I still use Ermac for Mileenas(most) but lately been experimenting. I'm also in the process of maining Kenshi(who originally I had in mind but forgot about him) I hear he matches up well against her as well but haven't really done that match up just yet.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Kabal frame traps. I cant seem to poke out of them. This was online though so i guess its just unstoppable online?

I think my biggest weakness is that for some reason, I sometimes throw out naked teleports knwoing it will be blocked. I really have to get that out of my system.

And I don't know if this is the proper topic to discuss it in, but I think we need to come to a realization that Ermac, as much as I like the character, is just too limited. And it's not in a bad way, but I think this is the biggest wait and react character in the game. And I think i say this because the other male ninjas in the game just seem to have more options available to them to open up opponents whereas with Ermac, like I said, it's the ultimate wait and react game.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I think my biggest weakness is that for some reason, I sometimes throw out naked teleports knwoing it will be blocked. I really have to get that out of my system.

And I don't know if this is the proper topic to discuss it in, but I think we need to come to a realization that Ermac, as much as I like the character, is just too limited. And it's not in a bad way, but I think this is the biggest wait and react character in the game. And I think i say this because the other male ninjas in the game just seem to have more options available to them to open up opponents whereas with Ermac, like I said, it's the ultimate wait and react game.
Agreed. But that is also what makes him, if not the best, one of the best punishers in the game. You get rewarded for your patience. Now yeah if he had combo dmg like say, Noob Saibot, yeah he would be truly limited. And the most important thing. You dont waste meter in your combos unless you go for the kill. Which means you will ALWAYS have breaker. That alone, along with his insane meterless dmg, good footsies spacing, resetting the fight in his favor (throw) and the ability to make his opponents hold block all the time cause of the fear TKP creates makes him one of the most well-versed characters in the game if he is played correctly and smartly imo.

EDIT: What most ppl must understand, is that Ermac's zoning is not your "typical" zoning.

Agreed. But that is also what makes him, if not the best, one of the best punishers in the game. You get rewarded for your patience. Now yeah if he had combo dmg like say, Noob Saibot, yeah he would be truly limited. And the most important thing. You dont waste meter in your combos unless you go for the kill. Which means you will ALWAYS have a breaker. That alone, along with his insane meterless dmg, good footsies spacing, resetting the fight in his favor (throw) and the ability to make his opponents hold block all the time cause of the fear TKP creates makes him one of the most well-versed characters in the game if he is played correctly and smartly imo.

EDIT: What most ppl must understand, is that Ermac's zoning is not your "typical" zoning.
Fully agree with you. IMO, the best thing about this character is that he just hits like a truck going 1,000MPH. Outside of characters who have infinites and need to rely on resets, I don't think no other character can do the damage Ermac does without the need of meter. For crying out loud, he can deal something like 45% damage without the use of it.

But I'm pretty much going to stick it out with this character because he's honestly the only one that clicks with me. I'll just have to live with the fact that his game against rushdown characters isn't one of the best.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Fully agree with you. IMO, the best thing about this character is that he just hits like a truck going 1,000MPH. Outside of characters who have infinites and need to rely on resets, I don't think no other character can do the damage Ermac does without the need of meter. For crying out loud, he can deal something like 45% damage without the use of it.

But I'm pretty much going to stick it out with this character because he's honestly the only one that clicks with me. I'll just have to live with the fact that his game against rushdown characters isn't one of the best.
Rain, Kitana, and Sektor all have pretty crazy damage too. And Kratos...not only can he get 80% in the corner but he also has infinite....go figure, worst character in the game can kill you with one touch no matter what.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Online making it next to impossible to practice my anti-air D1+punishes.
Being terrible at guessing when to throw certain mixups.
Instinctively going for attacks I know in my brain aren't the slightest bit safe.
I used to play sporadic as fuck, and that doesn't really translate well with Ermac, but I've gotten a lot more precise since last I put my faith in him and died a dying death at the hands of Oblivion. Hopefully when next I take him out, the results will be pleasant.

DanCock, STORMS, I now crave Ermac mirrors.
I must seek you guys out for battle and dust off my Many :D. It's been far too long.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Online making it next to impossible to practice my anti-air D1+punishes.
Being terrible at guessing when to throw certain mixups.
Instinctively going for attacks I know in my brain aren't the slightest bit safe.
I used to play sporadic as fuck, and that doesn't really translate well with Ermac, but I've gotten a lot more precise since last I put my faith in him and died a dying death at the hands of Oblivion. Hopefully when next I take him out, the results will be pleasant.

DanCock, STORMS, I now crave Ermac mirrors.
I must seek you guys out for battle and dust off my Many :D. It's been far too long.
I've kinda given up on Ermac strat.

Haven' had much time to play honestly... :(

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I've kinda given up on Ermac strat.

Haven' had much time to play honestly... :(
It's okay, I know the feeling. I haven't gotten much time in either. Preoccupied with all number of things.
But that's why we have the internet :). Falling behind is near-impossible.

Also, to add to something that just bothers me about the character, why oh why did NRS decide to give him armor on the startup of his XRay? Like i has been said before, this character in no way should even bother using meter unless it's for breaker.

But I guess it sorta makes you think how annoying Ermac would become if they decide to give him armor on something else. Although I think I would like that considering how bad his wakeup game is.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Also, to add to something that just bothers me about the character, why oh why did NRS decide to give him armor on the startup of his XRay? Like i has been said before, this character in no way should even bother using meter unless it's for breaker.

But I guess it sorta makes you think how annoying Ermac would become if they decide to give him armor on something else. Although I think I would like that considering how bad his wakeup game is.
Everyone has armor on start-up of their x-ray. And you should bother using meter for armor, even if its the full three bars.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Ermac misses you STORMS. He told me to say hi and asked when you will be back playing him again.
I'm just in a rut I think... hell I stopped doing the TS,JK,TP,22, push cause of how much I drop the combo. I would much rather do TS,uppercut,push, lol... :(

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I'm just in a rut I think... hell I stopped doing the TS,JK,TP,22, push cause of how much I drop the combo. I would much rather do TS,uppercut,push, lol... :(
It ll come back if you practice it again. No big deal.