What's new

Match-up Discussion Ermac Matchup chart by Metzos

Clayman

you don't get it, do you?
Comeback potential. Ermac shits 40%, Mileena needs to apply herself, plus Ermac can full combo punish ANYTHING she does.
I thought anyone could punish telekicks with d1 antiair combo, not just ermac. Why does mileena need telekicks anyway? Can't she just zone him all day with ias?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I thought anyone could punish telekicks with d1 antiair combo, not just ermac. Why does mileena need telekicks anyway? Can't she just zone him all day with ias?
1. Ermac is among the few who can punish it the hardest.
2. Zone all day? And get blown up yet again.
Wait it out, I'm sure an Ermac main will tell you in detail.

zaf

professor
Not this one again lol...

Ermac mileena is like 7-3 ermac. Some say 6-4, but the advantage is not slight. Ermac just has advantage in this mu.
-Mileena can not zone ermac. Ermac can dash d3, or just crouch to avoid sai and ias. If ermac is close enough, he can punish every sai with a tkp or even tks.
-Huge punishes on blocked ball, blocked dive kicks and ex dive kicks.
-She has nothing that can punish ermac TKP from SWEEP RANGE and further. He can abuse the hell out of it. Mileena has to start dash blocking to get in and this opens her up to grabs.
-She has no armor
-She has no tools that she can use to keep herself in. No cancel-able specials that create pressure. Short blockstrings and no + on blockstrings.
-u4 is good and all, but it can be d1~tks or just dash back and tks'd. Jip does not guarentee this move will even hit on block.
-Ermac iafb beats mileena d4 spacing, and Mileena has no normals she can space with or play footsies, she only has her d4.
-Sure mileena can avoid all of ermacs blockstrings with her low hitbox but he does not even need them in this MU.
-Also her d4 allows all jips to whiff, but if she is doing this she will get hit by a jik~teleport or a jik~tks.

Jer would agree with this, or even shit on mileena more then i did here.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
CSZ -Ermac is an even MU. Ermac -Mileena is 6-4 Ermac. Mileena cannot zone Ermac with Ias cause of Ermac's projectile.

Death

Noob
Not this one again lol...

Ermac mileena is like 7-3 ermac. Some say 6-4, but the advantage is not slight. Ermac just has advantage in this mu.
-Mileena can not zone ermac. Ermac can dash d3, or just crouch to avoid sai and ias. If ermac is close enough, he can punish every sai with a tkp or even tks.
-Huge punishes on blocked ball, blocked dive kicks and ex dive kicks.
-She has nothing that can punish ermac TKP from SWEEP RANGE and further. He can abuse the hell out of it. Mileena has to start dash blocking to get in and this opens her up to grabs.
-She has no armor
-She has no tools that she can use to keep herself in. No cancel-able specials that create pressure. Short blockstrings and no + on blockstrings.
-u4 is good and all, but it can be d1~tks or just dash back and tks'd. Jip does not guarentee this move will even hit on block.
-Ermac iafb beats mileena d4 spacing, and Mileena has no normals she can space with or play footsies, she only has her d4.
-Sure mileena can avoid all of ermacs blockstrings with her low hitbox but he does not even need them in this MU.
-Also her d4 allows all jips to whiff, but if she is doing this she will get hit by a jik~teleport or a jik~tks.

Jer would agree with this, or even shit on mileena more then i did here.
Mileena vs Ermac is even. Ill play you next weekend. You will be at the TO tourny right?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Ermac is not a hard-to-beat character at all but he has insane damage potential. I hate fighting him with Jade on principle because this is one of those matchups where Ermac can just relax while Jade has to work hard and be cautious.
Ermac 6 - 4 Jade
Jade has the tools to make Ermac stuffer but it's still an uphill battle for her and she can't use any of her spacing tools efficiently.

Death

Noob
This really is not an even mu.
You need to stop confusing your game skill and mu numbers. Ill be there yes.
I think Mileena has some good stuff vs ermac. She just has to address the MU more cautiously but I feel like Mileena plays her best with a defensive smart play style. I shall test it out. I havent really played MK at all in months so my Mil might be a little outdated :p

zaf

professor
I think Mileena has some good stuff vs ermac. She just has to address the MU more cautiously but I feel like Mileena plays her best with a defensive smart play style. I shall test it out. I havent really played MK at all in months so my Mil might be a little outdated :p
Jer and I play every day. Literally, we work together and he still plays Mil.
He even agrees that ermac is in favour in this Mu.

She can not play defensively in this Mu. Not at all.
The best way for her to win is to be aggressive and teleport mix ups as combo enders.

Keep playing her, and i don't doubt that you cant beat ermac players.
It just means you won a 6-4 mu.

Death

Noob
Jer and I play every day. Literally, we work together and he still plays Mil.
He even agrees that ermac is in favour in this Mu.

She can not play defensively in this Mu. Not at all.
The best way for her to win is to be aggressive and teleport mix ups as combo enders.

Keep playing her, and i don't doubt that you cant beat ermac players.
It just means you won a 6-4 mu.
I do remember back in WB fighting Ermac with Mileena was a lot tougher than Sonya. Could be ermac favor. Ill have to try it out more.

zaf

professor
I do remember back in WB fighting Ermac with Mileena was a lot tougher than Sonya. Could be ermac favor. Ill have to try it out more.
What do you mean?
Fighting ermac with mileena was harder then sonya vs ermac?
Or fighting ermac was tougher then playing against a sonya?

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
I HIGHLY down that Noob has a 2 game lead over ermac, seeing as though the ermac teleport can crush the tackles and low shadows, and you can easily punish the up knee with ermacs, uplift. I can get the Kenshi lead but Noob? no

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I HIGHLY down that Noob has a 2 game lead over ermac, seeing as though the ermac teleport can crush the tackles and low shadows, and you can easily punish the up knee with ermacs, uplift. I can get the Kenshi lead but Noob? no
fullscreen you can teleport on reaction to shadows

noob cant punish ermac hard at all while any whiffed shadow leads to at least 35% damage

lol,no you cant get the kenshi lead,you're playing scrubs if they let you do that,the kenshi MU is 7 3

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
you do realize I was saying that theirs no way noob has a game advantage over ermac right? lol noob is no match for Ermac on his best day

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
And Toki, once again apparently you have alot to learn about Ermac, because you can easily zone a turtling scorpion with his blast or even a safe, telekinetic drop, or string d3 into a grab....

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And Toki, once again apparently you have alot to learn about Ermac, because you can easily zone a turtling scorpion with his blast or even a safe, telekinetic drop, or string d3 into a grab....
what blast?you mean the one which scorpion can step back and punish with a teleport to vortex?

perhaps you mean the drop which leaves you at - and can be punished even if not worth the risk.

or perhaps a string that doesnt jail or is otherwise pokeable after the first hit followed by a d3 which can be blocked and full combo punished while completely ignoring the fact of the whiffed,teched,or full combod throw by scorpions 9f standing 3

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Chances are on the MK online world you wont find that knowledgeable scorpion online, and if hes constantly turtling, most of what you do is safe.