What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

zaf

professor
Upper mid
His armor working properly and slight increase in damage does help him stay up there. Some where in the 10-15 range I would say.
Depending on the nerfs the rest of the top 10 received, he may find his way there soon if he remains untouched. Who knows.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Even if I'm not an Ermac player, I would love to see some buff for Mystic and Spectral.
Mystic could be more safe on push and have some armor on lift and Spectral could have some aerial string or other aerial special.
So sad that MoS is the only way to play Ermac.

Even if I'm not an Ermac player, I would love to see some buff for Mystic and Spectral.
Mystic could be more safe on push and have some armor on lift and Spectral could have some aerial string or other aerial special.
So sad that MoS is the only way to play Ermac.
people have been asking armor for ermac since mk9. at this point its safe to assume that he will never get it. imho.

zaf

professor
people have been asking armor for ermac since mk9. at this point its safe to assume that he will never get it. imho.
He has armor in all variations and two armored moves in mystic. What are you talking about?
I'd say Master of Souls could be a top 10 contender. Definitely top 15

Mystic I'd put in the middle.

Spectral at the bottom

@zaf
Def in the top 10 convo
For sure top 15
That's for MoS
I don't touch spectral or mystic. They are too weak. They don't get to play the same game everyone in top 10 does

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
ex soul blast>>>

im prob using this way more than necessary now just cos of how much better its become

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
How are you guys punishing EX bo swat? All I can get is EX lift reversal or X-ray.... both of which are good but nothing meterless.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
How are you guys punishing EX bo swat? All I can get is EX lift reversal or X-ray.... both of which are good but nothing meterless. Maybe I'm not punishing fast enough but I can't get run cancel 222

Afumba

Noob
How are you guys punishing EX bo swat? All I can get is EX lift reversal or X-ray.... both of which are good but nothing meterless. Maybe I'm not punishing fast enough but I can't get run cancel 222
Thats the golf swing move right? If so you can reversal it even with a raw SoulBall if i remember correctly. F4~SoulBall & f21d2 work for sure.

methademic

UPR Methademic
For ex Bo spin is our only option really ex lift. Seems raw soul ball is too slow my earlier post was incorrect

Last edited:
He has armor in all variations and two armored moves in mystic. What are you talking about?
he asked about lift, so that's what i meant.
best way to do it is with ex lift. it works consistently. Now, if mystic was not such a dick i might have picked him up exactly for this match, to lift kung jin and punish him without meter.
but mystic and spektral are having dickish bromance at the moment.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Thats the golf swing move right? If so you can reversal it even with a raw SoulBall if i remember correctly. F4~SoulBall & f21d2 work for sure.
Are you able to make a video? I'e been trying this for half an hour, maybe it's because his run/dash aren't the best but I find the insane pushback stops a meterless punish.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I'd say Ermac MoS is closer to top 5 tbh
Safe strings for pressure, high meterless damage, vortex, great pokes (which one is an insanely great AA). I'd say simply making his B124 special cancellable would make it top 5 easily

EDIT: typo on B12. I meant B124

Last edited:

zaf

professor
I'd say Ermac MoS is closer to top 5 tbh
Safe strings for pressure, high meterless damage, vortex, great pokes (which one is an insanely great AA). I'd say simply making his B12 special cancellable would make it top 5 easily
B12 is special cancellable.
B124 is not.

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
Are you able to make a video? I'e been trying this for half an hour, maybe it's because his run/dash aren't the best but I find the insane pushback stops a meterless punish.
You can do this or simply do a soul ball into a combo

Also, some online gameplay, let me know what you think

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
You can do this or simply do a soul ball into a combo
Not trying to be over-skeptical here but is Jin actually blocking after bo swat lol.... I'm looking at your inputs for him - when he whiffs doesn't look like he's blocking at all. I know you can use lift as a reversal but I wanted to see you get meterless damage like you claimed.

Last edited: