What's new

Eric "Decay" Tran Heading to Chicago for a position at NetherRealm

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Call me a skeptic, but doesn't NRS provide minimum wage

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Eric @Decay Tran announced on his Facebook page about ten days ago that he will be heading to Chicago to work closely with the very same folks that make his favorite game, Mortal Kombat. By the time I saw the post he had already received mounds of well-deserved attention for this accomplishment. Back in June of 2014 he posted a thread called "Decay's Sketchbook". This thread is filled with all kinds of sketches throughout in case you'd like to see some of his work. I guess the only sad part about looking at the images now is most of his pieces are likely sold.

Regardless, it's awesome to know that Eric has a real chance to show off his skills to NetherRealm. We of course, wish him the best! See the Facebook post below:

View attachment 11551
Yes. Now march in. Slap 38 concepy art pieces of Lord Da Mafuckin Spawn on the table and say..."PLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEE"

Nice job and Good work. Best of Luck and Godspeed. Blah blah blah and Lord Spaw..awnawn.

Decay

King of the Bill
Man, the overall love from the community is crazy. Starting as a scrub no-body in Jersey maining Lobo just because he was coolest damn character in the game and moving on to offline tournaments, starting to place high, and meeting many many amazing people throughout the journey (seems long but really is only a little more than a year lol) and now moving to Chicago and getting to work with these guys is really unbelievable. I'm not going to be an artist on the team right away or anything, so no, I can't fix the fact Goro has no alternate... damnit... but I will work hard as hell doing anything I'm asked of, because I'm prideful to be part of the community and to know I have all you guys supporting me. Like I said, you all rock and @STORMS man, you didn't have to make this! It's really freakin nice of you and it helps me deal with the stress of moving away from home a little better though so thank you! Love you guys and yes, I will continue to post lots of artwork and I suggest you all buy something now while you can afford my work ;);););):cool::cool::cool:

E

Eldriken

Congrats, brother! Like I told you before: I look forward to the day that we all get to see your name in the credits for one of NRS' future games. =D