What's new

Equivalents in other games of the genre

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
This idea sprung up initially because (a) Im looking to maybe get at least somewhat seriously into a couple other games of the genre and (b) I wanted to see what chars would be the best to transition to from my main Kitana, alt Ermac, and backup skarlet.

Then I realized I could just make an identical thread for all the character forums so that ppl could chime in on which chars are similar to play as in other games (or are "parallels")compared to a certain char and what not.

So this is for the sake of advice to those transitioning from the char to another game, and for the sake of just sparking some hopefully interesting discussion on character likenesses across different titles.

Just to clarify, an example might be: Sheeva is to MK what Tager is BBCS2, or ZZangief in SF...etc and then of course expand on why you think so.

Obviously whatever character forum this thread is in will be the character being likened/compared to others from other games.

Discuss.

Eight

I am the salt
There are no equivalents.

There are general character types (zoning, rushdown, mixup, etc) and that is as close as it gets.

VIDA

Im not talking strict equivalents nec, just approximations and faint-to-solid parallels.

She's a grappler with frame traps.

She has a Fireball, and an unblockable teleport in which you can choose the direction she goes in as well as a ground pound and an unblockable X-Ray which helps her deal with projectiles full screen.

She has four arms.

A trap which guarantees a grapple.

Her slow normals have nice range.

3/5 of her en specials have armor.

Basically, she's pretty unique. ♡ But I guess because sometimes she does need to slowly walk forward to reach her opponent, she's a bit like Zangief.

VIDA

She's a grappler with frame traps.

She has a Fireball, and an unblockable teleport in which you can choose the direction she goes in as well as a ground pound and an unblockable X-Ray which helps her deal with projectiles full screen.

She has four arms.

A trap which guarantees a grapple.

Her slow normals have nice range.

3/5 of her en specials have armor.
Thats why I really wanna say Tager. Tager has a similar big ass projectile that comes out somewhat fast relative to the game that even comes out of his fat ass chest. Difference is it can be comboed or at the least get the character closer or even "magnetize" them if I recall correctly. While he doesnt have stomps alot of his moves are fundamentally "magnetic" in nature which cant be blocked, and become that much more attrctive when he gets his opps magnetized. It's a way of bringing enemies to him like stomp does, except with Tager its much more annoying and his grabs do ridiculous dmg, esp for that game.

His two supers (like EX's) have armour and are extra powerful in close. His astral (astrals are like xrays) is very much like her xray in that the player has a bit of time to react and avoid it but it is unblockable and will work fullscreen.

I think tager also has a frame trap that leads to a command grab. He also has a low starter which is very similar to Sheeva's EXTREMELY underused one--it feels the same relative speed and its hitbox is huge, while even comboing to other things a similar way. He has an anti air grab like hers, just that his leads to a combo and not just a grab move, and has more range of attraction.

Both are huge to hitboxes and move very slowly and keep stationary, with tools to force enemies to them.

My very first post...lol....I say Sheeva is like Dhalsim from SF....slow and one of most underdog character but in the right hand she's a beast!!! both are my main btw, gotta love the underdogs..haha