What's new

General/Other - Ermac [EO Beta] Ermac Beta Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaf

professor
I have merged the following two threads together: Suggested buffs for ermac and Buffs for Spectral Discussion.
No need to have multiple threads. All discussion kept intact.

zaf

professor
Wait, what? Is that accurate?
Not too sure without testing, but that is the word that is going around right now. I am almost never punished after a push unless I was pressing or backdashing lol

EX push is -1, and it has armor.
So midscreen when you have them spaced out, EX push into Push is a thing.

ex push ending in -1, into a 14 frame push.

They also have to respect how they pressure you after blocking a normal Push, since you can just ex push if they run up and press

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Not too sure without testing, but that is the word that is going around right now. I am almost never punished after a push unless I was pressing or backdashing lol

EX push is -1, and it has armor.
So midscreen when you have them spaced out, EX push into Push is a thing.

ex push ending in -1, into a 14 frame push.

They also have to respect how they pressure you after blocking a normal Push, since you can just ex push if they run up and press

What about b32/b321? Did any1 check out that string? Is it safer now, or can it be canceled into specials?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
When I checked push, it got punished by Sub slide from a good distance. Not too sure if -14 is legit. It was listed as -24 when I tested, though.

Noob
@zaf its cool that he is "fun" and all but in your professional decision is this significante? are his changes enouth to make him usable?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I can see mystic absolutely wrecking quite a few characters.

Namely ones without reversals that can punish regular push and lacking a teleport. Kotal, Cassie, Torr, Jaqcui, Kano, maybe a few others.

I don't play ermac really, although the past 2 days I've played nothing but mystic. That being said, Ive beat people with my 2 day mystic, while they were mains of the characters I named.

zaf

professor
@zaf its cool that he is "fun" and all but in your professional decision is this significante? are his changes enouth to make him usable?
Yes 100%

New push and EX push are stronger now.

You can't rush him down after blocking a push now, because of MB push lol

Noob
Yes 100%

New push and EX push are stronger now.

You can't rush him down after blocking a push now, because of MB push lol
hmm i see, i was really concerned with the fact that he loses a lot of combo oportunities from his mix ups, but i guess im looking at it the wrong way... from what iv been seeing its much more about keeping out ( even tho without a fireball im still very skeptic of his effectiveness in the long run) Have you tried Spec* and is it really going to be his best variation if you did?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
From what I've seen and what you guys are saying, Spectral definately seems more legit now. Can the 50/50 into flght be made safe?

zaf

professor
hmm i see, i was really concerned with the fact that he loses a lot of combo oportunities from his mix ups, but i guess im looking at it the wrong way... from what iv been seeing its much more about keeping out ( even tho without a fireball im still very skeptic of his effectiveness in the long run) Have you tried Spec* and is it really going to be his best variation if you did?
Well, people just seem to sit there waiting for push. They can't really do all that much since EX push catches them pressing anything, jumping.
Holy shit people can't really jump. There is a small deadzone above his head... but anywhere else, when jumping they get suctioned into the MB push. Shits dumb lol.

So since they sit there, you just do whatever you want.
Whiff a standing 1 or a few normals to bait them and punish with push.

From what I've seen and what you guys are saying, Spectral definately seems more legit now. Can the 50/50 into flght be made safe?
B3 into flight into an air normal frame traps them I believe. It needs more testing.
Like they should be able to backdash or armor out if this. but pressing, they should get hit.
I believe there is also a gap when you do F4 into flight into normal.

You can make it safe by doing like F4 flight and then fly away lololol

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
What kinda meterless and metered damage are u guys getting for mystic?

I'm hitting 32-34 meterless from OH/low xx teleport and 37ish for a meter. All midscreen, haven't tested corner stuff yet. May lab a bit when I wake up before work.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
What kinda meterless and metered damage are u guys getting for mystic?

I'm hitting 32-34 meterless from OH/low xx teleport and 37ish for a meter. All midscreen, haven't tested corner stuff yet. May lab a bit when I wake up before work.
What combo are you hitting? I heard that telehang had some reduced scaling now

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
B3/f4 xx teleport d1 xx tele hang short walk f21d2 (only last hit should connect) run xx d2 bf2 meterless decent damage. Can extend with MB tele hang instead of bf2
I thought his old uppercut combos were usually about 30-31% meterless. I could barely do them so I can't remember them 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.