What's new

General/Other - Raiden [EO Beta Closed] MKX beta online: Raiden among us

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
i did google it, soo its like canceling a whiffed normal into another move? theres not a whole lot of that in mk though.
Kara canceling is simply canceling the starting frames of a move to move across the screen quicker, or extend range of a special attack.

Look at jacquis f3 for example. You can cancel the run animation of the attack into an overhead or low. Essentially what you are doing is "kara canceling" that attack.

The most popular application is in street fighter, with characters that have kara throws or kara uppercuts.

What @Nivek means when he says "kara-uppercut" is simply an attack that moves raiden forward as he is anti airing. It's not literal kara attack, but it does move him forward.

Hope this helps!!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Kara canceling is simply canceling the starting frames of a move to move across the screen quicker, or extend range of a special attack.

Look at jacquis f3 for example. You can cancel the run animation of the attack into an overhead or low. Essentially what you are doing is "kara canceling" that attack.

The most popular application is in street fighter, with characters that have kara throws or kara uppercuts.

What @Nivek means when he says "kara-uppercut" is simply an attack that moves raiden forward as he is anti airing. It's not literal kara attack, but it does move him forward.

Hope this helps!!
k thx! im gonna need to know how these work if im gonna get gud at streetfighter v

it would be nice if they made his back 2 cancel-able on the second hit, maybe make it interrupt-able between the two hits is a good way to balance it? a lot of times i do my 50/50 corner vortex and land the overhead but not fully committing because lawd Raiden is a sitting duck if blocked, so i cancel the first hit into df2 and lost the potential damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.