What's new

Breakthrough - Kung Lao [EO Beta Closed] Kung Lao Beta Changes Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
well, to be fair, now that ex hat is +7 it's legit to block or bdash after it if you're baiting armor or something else. Jumping laos and teleporting laos are always been there, no matter the nerfs.
This is true, i guess im just used to seeing very aggressive laos so its very weird to see them being extra defensive. A few times we just sat and blocked for a few seconds because i expected a follow up or armor spin and they did too lol.

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
Having actually played the beta myself now, I'm of the opinion that Lao is fine. The damage nerf seems irrelevant, 112124 into 44 in the corner went from 36 to 35.

From +12 to +7 means that Lao has to be a little more careful but the pressure, bait armor, or throw game is still there. If opponents are poke happy, you actually have a lot of options to deal with it. For example: crossover, walk back slightly and whiff punish, block the poke and continue pressure off their - frames, etc.

B321-Hat orbit's gap being widened is not fun and is going to take some getting used to. I imagine Lao will have to use B32-Hat orbit more often.

All in all, the hat dream is very much alive. (In Tempest at least. Hat Trick needs some loving, NRS pls.)

xMEECH

Dyslexic
- Doesn't want me to be condescending

- Tells me to put more effort into research

- Failed to read/remember that subject was engaged concerning who can interrupt with a full combo

Kano can full combo punish with ex bf3, sub can do ex db1 for a little follow up

xMEECH

Dyslexic
Hat Trick needs some loving, NRS pls.)
Like what? He doesn't really NEED anything, but if I had to change a few things for hat trick:

regular call back is between -1 and -5, ex call back is armored, and maybe add a meter burned hat trap that recovers way quicker? Like unbreakable sub's ex ice aura or cutthroats ex damage buff. He could also use something like ronin's quick call, to call the hat back quicker without hitting the opponent.

Also the regular call back needs to hit mid CONSISTENTLY. The low hat travels in a straight line, why can't the regular hat? Shits irritating.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Kano can full combo punish with ex bf3, sub can do ex db1 for a little follow up
Sub's EX Ice Shatter isn't fast enough. Kano's EX Ball frame data isn't listed in game but I doubt it's active by the 12th frame.

xMEECH

Dyslexic
Sub's EX Ice Shatter isn't fast enough. Kano's EX Ball frame data isn't listed in game but I doubt it's active by the 12th frame.
Lol in game Kano's bf3 has a 1f startup. It's 9 or 10, it consistently punishes stuff that's -10 on reversal.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
guys, why is buzz saw considered bad? maybe not bad, but weaker? as you can imagine, i like everyone else have played a truckload of lao players online but the buzz saw players are the most troubling. if played right it can be very tricky to fight. maybe i don't have enough xp in the matchup, but please enlighten me lol.

Carl

Noob
guys, why is buzz saw considered bad? maybe not bad, but weaker? as you can imagine, i like everyone else have played a truckload of lao players online but the buzz saw players are the most troubling. if played right it can be very tricky to fight. maybe i don't have enough xp in the matchup, but please enlighten me lol.
Buzzsaw takes alot of hard work to get damage. Though its good as a zoning tool and a close pressure tool. the thing with buzzsaw its a guessing gaming with the low hat and the overhead which are safe in the strings,
The thing with buzzsaw that when he throws a hat and someone jumps over it, it takes a long time for it to return and lao is weak without his hat and can do nothing no spin no hat throw until the hat reaches the end of the screen then it comes back. If you use meter burn hat then it recovers quicker.
So once you block a low buzzsaw hat its -6 so its safe enough though its your turn to poke back or start your pressure.
I like buzzsaw just soo difficult to get damage and i dont mind a slight buff nothing major but enough to help out.
Also the buzzsaw spin and jump at you out of nowhere which is probably why it can be difficult to verse.

Buzzsaw is really good, its just the damage that is way too low.

Tweedy

Noob
We are getting a more balanced game, stop crying! lol

#NERFFFEST !!!
Weren't you the guy who made a thread about how Kung Lao can't lose, or something?

The game isn't necessarily more balanced. The 3 S/S+ tier characters that were cried about were nerfed hard. There were others. I'll be awaiting your Jax thread.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
I still enjoy the fact that I made a big deal and said everyone is over reacting about Lao getting nerfed yet people are now coming forth and saying he's fine.

El_Rubio

Noob
Weren't you the guy who made a thread about how Kung Lao can't lose, or something?

The game isn't necessarily more balanced. The 3 S/S+ tier characters that were cried about were nerfed hard. There were others. I'll be awaiting your Jax thread.
mmm... I don´t remember, if I did something like that, it was for fun or just asking for MU information. I use Slasher, Lasher and Sun God.

Finally got in beta a found some things.
Lao got slight nerf on all his chip damage as well he doesn't seem 2 build meter as fast
Im not sure how but 112124 can whiff sometimes crouching opponents not sure if they low profile,drop block(happend when i fought d vorah and ermac.
orbiting hat is a super risk I have to do more testing but 112124 Orbiting hat isn't a true block string any more.I think no matter what there a gab in orbiting hat because the other Lao was able to ex spin every time i did it and i was holding block.

Mykal NS

Demolition Sonya Main / Downplayer
Also folks complaining that the j2 nerf hurts his other variations. It was broken AF i dont care if it hurts, no character should have that
D4, enough said.

Lao has never been dirty. He just has the fundamentals better than anything else. Lao has the best tools, arguably the best wake up, converts off anything, and still gets 30%+ meterless damage. I'm sorry you can't faceroll like you used to back in the day.
+27 was pretty damn dirty when we had it lol. Or do you not recall loop city.

This fucking vid is GOLD. I am DYING, how did anyone miss this?! +100000 rep.

Mykal NS

Demolition Sonya Main / Downplayer
Lao got slight nerf on all his chip damage as well he doesn't seem 2 build meter as fast
Im not sure how but 112124 can whiff sometimes crouching opponents not sure if they low profile,drop block(happend when i fought d vorah and ermac.
orbiting hat is a super risk I have to do more testing but 112124 Orbiting hat isn't a true block string any more.I think no matter what there a gab in orbiting hat because the other Lao was able to ex spin every time i did it and i was holding block.
There's always been a gap in 112124 depending on how you takes hits on block. It's a true string, the Lao player was just making one of the mids whiff so he was able to armor the hat. People refused to gain MU knowledge before crying to nerf Lao.

@just_2swift @A F0xy Grampa @Tweedy @Eddy Wang @I GOT HANDS

There's always been a gap in 112124 depending on how you takes hits on block. It's a true string, the Lao player was just making one of the mids whiff so he was able to armor the hat. People refused to gain MU knowledge before crying to nerf Lao.

@just_2swift @A F0xy Grampa @Tweedy @Eddy Wang @I GOT HANDS
I'm lost what are you saying."112124 has a gap but its a true string?that doesn't make sense hahaahah.
any way 112124 xx Ex hat spin is a true block string with no gaps in (current mkx).But it seem in the beta that not the case.it was Lao vs Lao had he was able to ex spin after right before ex hat came out.Im curious has anyone has found anything?

Tweedy

Noob
I think more than half the cast could always make the 4 in 112124 whiff? Correct me if i'm wrong, maybe it was all of the cast. It was definitely a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.