What's new

Breakthrough - Kung Lao [EO Beta Closed] Kung Lao Beta Changes Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweedy

Noob
A couple notes from the last couple pages from my bitch ass.

- Not really worth doing the 2 frame link anymore imo. This is coming from someone who can hit it 8/10 times in the current online, not the beta. If you can do it basically every time, I guess the 5-7 percent is worth it. For example, I rarely miss the F2 hat 44 link, so I still do that.

- Hatspin is not guaranteed off of throw, stop. Stop delaying your wake up after Lao throws you.

- Buzzsaw is still terrible. Can I get a damage buff of some sorts? I can't just land 44 in neutral. :(

- Not really worth doing the 2 frame link anymore imo. This is coming from someone who can hit it 8/10 times in the current online, not the beta. If you can do it basically every time, I guess the 5-7 percent is worth it. For example, I rarely miss the F2 hat 44 link, so I still do that.

- Hatspin is not guaranteed off of throw, stop. Stop delaying your wake up after Lao throws you.

- Buzzsaw is still terrible. Can I get a damage buff of some sorts? I can't just land 44 in neutral. :(
Buzzsaw is good, he just lacks a little damage. Who uses 44 in the neutral? Raw 44 is only for punishing things that are punishable by 44.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
You have to rely on a jip or teleport 3( which is hard only casuals fall for tele 3) to get a 44. I would love buzzsaw to get some buffs because that's my favorite variation. How awesome would it be to have a first hit a mid or you can combo off of ex low hat with 44?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I don't think the dmg nerf hurts him

I think it's the Ex Hatspin nerf that nobody complained about hurt him the most

They even could of made it +10 so he can s jail iD4 (just frame shit) and can beat every poke with his true mid

Plus just like Cage the universal throw tech hurts him too

Last edited:
The Lao community really is sad. Constantly complaining about Ex Hatspin being +7 instead of +12.

He still plays mostly the same, there is just now a risk of getting armored if you try to continue pressure after doing Ex Hatspin.

Get over it.

Tweedy

Noob
The Lao community really is sad. Constantly complaining about Ex Hatspin being +7 instead of +12.

He still plays mostly the same, there is just now a risk of getting armored if you try to continue pressure after doing Ex Hatspin.

Get over it.
Not true, not being able to follow up with B321 or 11212 after EX hat, is definitely not the same. Not even close.

Not true, not being able to follow up with B321 or 11212 after EX hat, is definitely not the same. Not even close.
11212 will almost reimburse your meter. Explain to me why should Kung Lao be entitled to get 11212 on block after an EX hat?

That's just brain dead pressure. God forbid you shouldn't condition them not to press buttons by conditioning them with d4 after EX hat.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I believe in lord Paulo and I doubt this will make it on the patch. Normal hat spin gives the same results as there is no point in meter burning hat spin now. Also since throw tech is easier his stagger game took a hit as well. MB hat spin will be +10 normal hat spin will be -5. But no matter what happens I'll still play lao because he's my favorite character in any fighting game.

That's what i'm saying. When I play buzzsaw, outside of B3 with a bar, I only get decent damage off of 44.
He already has great normals to launch for full combo that he can use in the neutral and for pressure. He is just lacking off of 11212 spin, b22 spin and f23 spin imo. If they gave combos off of those strings a 3% buff and make his hats do 6% instead of 5% it would be great.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam

juggle proprieties to ex low hat maybe? would be nice :p

11212 will almost reimburse your meter. Explain to me why should Kung Lao be entitled to get 11212 on block after an EX hat?

That's just brain dead pressure. God forbid you shouldn't condition them not to press buttons by conditioning them with d4 after EX hat.
you know that you can poke out of 112124 follow up after ex hat at +12?

Question out of all the people who posted on this Thread who here has actually played the beta.I just want to know about his changes and does he feel different.
God damn all these keyboard warriors .Lets keep it simple As a Kung Lao main I don't like nerfs.But I don't have the beta so I can't really judge until I play him.Im only going off whats it sound like on paper.

Now he got nerf it happened.This is just the beta so thing could still change.But why is there already 19 pages peope going back in forth about same topic.

if you wanted Lao to get nerf = You should be happy
If you wanted Lao to get buffed = Sorry
If you want Lao to be nerf more =GTFO

just_2swift

Also less recovery on buzz saw up grinder on hit for better consistently also would create new combo possibilities for him.

Tweedy

Noob

Wait, hold on. You said he plays the same, I was responding to that, which was pretty clear. Whether he is entitled to that, or needs that, is completely different.

just_2swift

guess thy're stuck at KL being +27 with orb hat and jiling everything he does
Smh I doubt he even plays the character because he for dam sure doesn't understand him. He probably thought his grab was unblockable. It's ignorance tbh. Why comment on something knowing you lack knowledge on the subject?

XxDark_

Noob

buzzsaw isnt terrible at all.

TheGoldenJew

PSN: The_Golden_Jew1
Lao is actually in trouble...after some testing, any character with a 12 frame reversal goes right through ex hat(b321-exhat) shit has a 12 frame gap wtf...tested w shinnoks shoulder charge last (12f)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.