What's new

ECT3 Shoutouts

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Tom Brady. Who could forget Tom "Hitman" Brady? This guy is like a necessary evil. We're like the Professor X and Magneto of the MK community. Let me be the first to post this. After EVO, every UMK3 tournament we run on the East Coast will be a "Tom Brady Challenge" and in this instance I mean the fate of the UMK3 scene lies in the hands of whoever plays against him. The banner will be "Defeat the Evil Tom Brady to keep the UMK3 scene alive" because if Tom Brady ever wins a UMK3 tournament, we will stop running UMK3 forever! That's legit. Mad respect Bill, we've done our bit for King and Country, I'll talk to you soon.
I didn't realize how true this was until i was actually spectating UMK3. As i was watching you guys run the brackets I oerheard Tom say to one of you guys "Listen, I WILL PAY to have people never play this game again" i laughed so hard at this and felt like it really summed up his feeling for UMK3. Still mad respect for him though even though I've always liked UMK3

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
She appreciates the shoutout very much. Now I am trying to convince her to joing TYM.
Well hopefully you can for Summer Jam. Like I said...we need more women in this community and I'm glad the converter worked for you guys. I'll be sure to add you on XBL too...you guys were definitely some of the more down to earth people I met down there in Jersey.

Well hopefully you can for Summer Jam. Like I said...we need more women in this community and I'm glad the converter worked for you guys. I'll be sure to add you on XBL too...you guys were definitely some of the more down to earth people I met down there in Jersey.
Sounds good man, that is another thing I am working on convincing her to go out to ;D. But she wants to get better before her next tournament so I am not sure if she will be up for it or not yet. I will most likely be going though, so maybe I can convince her.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Damn, I wish I was able to meet more of you guys :( I only really met Organelle... I hope some serious north jersey casuals happen after this!

I wanna be around and meet people.

Shoutouts.

Tomahawk - I would suck at mk if we didnt practice together

Team DES - For runnin shit in south jersey and starting up the scene that didnt exist before you guys.

Jim Coastin - Awesome MK room but we didnt get to play.

Darth Arma - I had no idea cyrax could get that saucy. Lets play again sometime before summer jam.

MagnetoHalfway - Sick kung lao, that was a fun set we got to play on the big screen! Me and Tomahawk are right near body shop so we will have to play sometime soon

To everyone i met ,Shock, AC, Guys who run TYM, people i met in jims room, people i met in 420, and if anyone wanted to play but didnt get to
my xbox name is K Hunterr. I had so much fun and summer jam will be just as hype hopefully.

Oh and tom brady please dont nerf lui kang! GGs to all :)

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Sounds good man, that is another thing I am working on convincing her to go out to ;D. But she wants to get better before her next tournament so I am not sure if she will be up for it or not yet. I will most likely be going though, so maybe I can convince her.
Cool shit...tell her to hit the lab...practice practice practice.

ClassySasquatch

Hurr Durr F213 FB RC
DarthArma- Good shit man. You really earned that top 8

Spencer - Great job to you too. I hope you finally join TYM
I did when i got back haha.

Gotta give shout outs to Nick, Jim, Miguel (Darth Arma), Rick (Guy in Green), everyone from the Valley Stream monsters, you know who you are. Congrats to Michaelangelo and Chris G and Rio for coming in first, second and third respectively, the other Nit (Summoning) for walking into the MK tournament drunk as hell lmao, and I can't forget about Shock and Storms. Oh and of course Jim for being the best next door roomates and having the sickest set up. If there's anyone I forgot my apologies but it was a very long and sleepless weekend.

Noob

Gotta give shout outs to Nick, Jim, Miguel (Darth Arma), Rick (Guy in Green), everyone from the Valley Stream monsters, you know who you are. Congrats to Michaelangelo and Rio for coming in first and second respectively, the other Nick (Summoning) for walking into the MK tournament drunk as hell lmao, and I can't forget about Shock and Storms. Oh and of course Jim for being the best next door roomates and having the sickest set up. If there's anyone I forgot my apologies but it was a very long and sleepless weekend.
Nice to see you finally signed up...LOL. I'll see you on Thursday but I'll call you before then.

Shoutouts coming later... tournaments take such a toll on me... and it takes me like 3 days just to get my legs back under me. I'm at work today but I may as well have stayed home... I feel like I'm useless today.

Oh, and Summoning's name is Nit, not Nick

Dark_Rob

Noob

Gotta give shout outs to Nick, Jim, Miguel (Darth Arma), Rick (Guy in Green), everyone from the Valley Stream monsters, you know who you are. Congrats to Michaelangelo and Chris G and Rio for coming in first, second and third respectively, the other Nit (Summoning) for walking into the MK tournament drunk as hell lmao, and I can't forget about Shock and Storms. Oh and of course Jim for being the best next door roomates and having the sickest set up. If there's anyone I forgot my apologies but it was a very long and sleepless weekend.
Spencer! Glad you finally made it here bro. Now that your a top 8 player youve got a bullseye on your back. Slushpuppy is coming for you :)
Lots of good times this weekend. Your one of my favorite people from Valley Stream monsters and you and Reo made us all proud at ECT3.

jamessmk

I am your god
You guys all did a helluva job, even with all set backs. 3am is a little late for us old people to be playing, but that aside I am making an MK return. See ya'll next Valley Stream

Noob
Ok, so it's now Wednesday, and I FINALLY have the strength to do something other than sleep.

ECT3 was an amazing time, mishaps notwithstanding. We had a 90 minute power outage, along with systems not recognizing the SSF4 AE DLC that delayed AE pools for HOURS. This is what really delayed every tournament. People were stuck at their AE pools waiting for matches... and MK had to search for those players because they were at AE, and vice versa. I personally ran 3 pools of AE and never once got to even touch MK9 aside from setting up the entire MK station with Shock and Rob(my brother), and Summoning. This all comes with the territory though... and I would be there again tomorrow to do it all over again! Nothing can compare with feeling of being at a tournament and the electric atmosphere that it generates.

First and foremost, to John and Joe. You guys are simply amazing. Thank you so much for putting on an amazing tournament that is continuing to get bigger and better. I will be there year in and year out to support you guys and run anything you need. You have both been a driving force in supporting and promoting Mortal Kombat and we thank you for all you have done for the community.

The NE MK Krew - Shock, Nit, Dark Rob, Rob, REO, Simon, Scott - There is nothing that this group can't accomplish. It's amazing how something as small and insignificant as a videogame can generate long lasting friendships like this. It makes you realize that something like a video game can be more than just small and insignificant in a person's life. You're all part of my family and it is a pleasure to go into each tournament with you at my side.

The Valley Stream Monsters - No single group of players went further, deeper or did better than the VSM did at ECT in MK9. 2 of our regulars made it to top 8: ClassySasquatch (tied 7th) and REO (3rd). Chris G who has come to the VSM once and came to the first VSM tournament took 2nd. Our very own Dark Rob, TYM Lead Mod and VSM regular came in top 16. Arturo who has come to VSM I think came in top 32. VSM Regular Scoot MaGee came in top 32 I believe. Darth Arma, who came to one of out VSM gatherings also went to top 8 (tied 7th). Congrats to all the VSM who played MK9 at ECT3.

TYM Members - There were so many of you there. I didn't get to see many of you or talk with many of you because I was so damn busy running 3 pools of SSF4AE. Thank you to all of you for coming out and supporting MK. I hope every one of you had a great experience and decides to come to more tournaments in the future. Summer Jam will be great and I will be doing nothing BUT MK there, so I hope we get a chance to meet and talk more there.

rsiegel28 - Rob, you handled your first major tournament like a veteran as if you had been there before. You developed a little following of players who want to chill with you at tournaments as well. You've garnered the respect of a lot of people. Job well done, and we will see you at future tournaments doing what you do best. Also, shout outs to you for being the single loudest human being on planet earth.

SSF4AE Pools C,D, and E - I know that most of you don't come here, but a few do. I believe Darth Arma was in one of the pools as was Spyk. Thank you for any of you who stuck it out, stuck around and played though the delays and problems. I was screaming names for almost 13.5 hours and completely lost my voice...but we got it done!

Shock - Anything I can say, I've already said. As you said, we're on another level with this stuff and we keep getting better each tournament.

Nit - What a friggin Cyrax in UMK3! I know we're all rusty, but damn bro... beating Crazy Dominican with Cyrax!

Dark Rob - I TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE THAT DAMN GOOD IN MK9!!! Mr. Top 16...

REO - Always a pleasure to see you work no matter what MK game you're dominating in.

Simon - ALWAYS beating my ass in UMK3. It's an ass kicking I look forward to... we don't see each other often enough. Get your ass to Valley Stream at least once though. Hopefully I'll see you at my wedding and then at Summer Jam.

Storms - The media man. You are the media line from the TYM and tournaments to those at home. Pictures, videos, cameras, streams, interviews... this man needs his own cable channel.

Tom Brady - It was great to see you again. We don't get to chill often and I was stuck behind SSF4AE for 13+ hours, but when we did get to chill a bit it was fun. We will eventually get to play...LOL. See you at Summer Jam.

Spencer - I'm glad you went to ECT3... I think after a top 8 performance, you're glad you did too.. great stuff... I'll see you on Thursday.

Mario - Didn't get to chill with you much there but we'll make up for lost time at the Gamers Edge.

Scoot MaGee - didn't talk much with you at the tournament but we saw each other a few times. From what I hear, you did very well in the MK9 tourney. Great stuff and I will see you again on Thursday.

Crazy Dominican - As always a friggin beast at MK. Top 8 in MK9 and 2nd place in UMK3... not to mention top 4 in MK2 I believe. Always a pleasure. I'll give you a call soon and hopefully we'll get you out to Valley Stream ASAP with your brother.

Maxter - speaking of... it was great meeting you and talking with you for a good part of the day on Sunday. I'm glad you played MK2 and hopefully UMK3 soon enough. Hopefully see you at Valley Stream soon too.

Darth Arma - great showing in MK and in SF. Top 8 in MK... great stuff... Nasty nasty Cyrax. Hope to see you soon at Gamers Edge. Rob and I will be throwing stuff all around the place...

MagnetoHalfway - we talked for like 6 seconds...LOL. It was great to meet you and great showing in MK9 as well. We'll get to spend more time talking at Summer Jam.

Michaelangelo - One chill dude. Seriously... down to earth, very humble, and very talented. Great that we got to talk and chill a little after both MK9 and UMK3. Can't wait to help you learn some UMK3 when the Kollection comes out.

Riu48, Dan, and ReyTheGreat - saw all of you...didn't get to talk/chill much because of SSF4AE Pools. I hope to see all of you soon at Summer Jam, and Riu, I'll see you at Valley Stream soon enough.

Arturo(Sabin) Sanchez - great seeing you as always bro. Great showing in MK and SF as well. Hopefully see you soon at Valley Stream and definitely at Summer Jam.

Chris G. - always a pleasure when I see you . Congrats on 2nd place in MK9 and winning MVC3. You're a beast at any game you play and I hope to see more of you at Valley Stream.

Spyk - great seeing you again. Hopefully I'll see you at Valley Stream but you better be at Summer Jam!

Kona - you keep getting better and better at UMK3. When you get to play more consistently it's gonna be scary what you can do! Great seeing you again.

David Gem - an MK2 legend. One of the best out there and an all around good guy. Very chill and very talented at MK2. 2nd place in MK2 this time. As I said, if you and Billy Bats come to Valley Stream, I'll set up MK2 for you.

Billy Bats - great job. 1st tournament and you come in and stomp everyone on MK2 to take 1st place. Great meeting you and I hope to see you at Valley Stream as well with David Gem.

JamesMK - Great meeting you, and talking MK with you. I'm glad to see the older players getting involved again with MK9. See you soon at Valley Stream

To all those I didn't get a chance to meet or talk to much: BattleBear, OSU 16-Bit, Error Macro, Organelle, Mike Metroid, Mcpeanuts, SwiftTomHanks, CptXecution, Jim Coastin, Guy in Green - I will hopefully see you all and talk with you all in the future, either at Valley Stream, or at Summer Jam or a future tournament.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
props to Mike for winning. Shout outs to every single dude I played or hung out with. I can't even start because I don't want to leave anyone out. The MK community is amazing.

Noob
props to Mike for winning. Shout outs to every single dude I played or hung out with. I can't even start because I don't want to leave anyone out. The MK community is amazing.
16-Bit, the only thing I can say is that I'm sorry you had to put up with that unapologetic guy who stepped in front of your tournament match after you traveled miles upon miles to get there. Granted you were playing REO, but that isn't the point. At the bare minimum, "My bad bro" should have at least been said. Otherwise, it was great getting to talk to you and meet you.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Ok time to make my shoutouts! lol

Dark Rob: Playing against your sub every week @ gamers edge is fucking enjoyable. Best sub Ive seen so far.

Classy Sasquatch (Spencer): For taking me and my friends to NJ and splitting the hotel room. Great weekend...especially with raiza and akira shiro. Those BB players r lolzy

9.95: I appreciate you informing me about ECT and even LI casuals w/o u and Dark Rob I would not be were I am right now.

Jim Coastin: For being in the room next to our and combining both rooms for mk/bb casuals. Had a lot of fun and hopefully see u @ SJ

Nick: For being an awesome guy and spliting a case of Blue Moon with me. To bad I dropped the box when i got home and it exploded D:

shout outs to:
Mario for saying the CRAZIEST fucking things between 2 and 4 am I was cracking up so hard inside I didnt know how to feel!
DarkArma: For enjoying my stupid ass humor @ 2am. <3 your cyrax

Magneto Halfway: For having a pretty good kung lao. Tbh I wish I got more than 2 hrs of sleep the day of the tournament. Would have given you a better noob exp but our matches were close anyway.

Shock: just for being shock lol

MikeMetroid: For being hyped up on energy drinks quoting Johny Cage constantly and wearing sunglasses over his glasses XD. As well as being a huge metroid fan

GuyInGreen: Man is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Dude came from new Orleans to play in MK. Thats some fucking dedication. Awesome meeting you.

AC1984: You are a rlly nice guy and fun to play in mk. You kabal was very impressive and you helped me greatly with the matchup.

FunkDoc: Just talking about how we both raped Maximum Carnage was fun enough haha

FoobarDuck: Ggs bro you put me into losers bracket with your raiden but our matches were very close.

If im forgetting anyone I apologize can't remember anybody else lol.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Thanks to Sweet Johnny Cage, LI Joe, and the ECT3 staff for running this great event. Although there were some problems, I know that a lot of them were beyond their control. I'm looking forward to the next ECT!

Thanks to Shock, 9.95, and Rob for running the brackets and stream. Your efforts, especially in the face of adversity, are truly appreciated.

Shock...you failed the UMK3 Sub-Zero challenge! But I respect what you say about the character. Maybe someday I'll step it up in that game...haha. In the meantime, I'm going on with that new MK. I hope we'll get to play next time.

A special shoutout to ClassySasquatch for convincing me not to give up ("I'LL TASE YOU!"), blowing me up in winners' quarters, and making it out of our pool. Hope to see you at Evo.

Good shit to the Cyrax player who was also in pool D. You are dangerous, man! I hope you're going to Evo.

GuyInGreen, cool to meet you, and thanks for hosting casuals, man.

AC1984, you don't suck! Hahaha...see you soon, hopefully.

Chris G, much respect to you for placing in two games this past weekend! I hope we can get some games in sometime.

ranmasama for blowing me up in casuals (not to mention SSFIVAE pools), and for being hilarious. It was awesome hanging out with you, man, and I'll see you at Evo.

michaelangelo for being awesome in general, for taking MK again, and for the many hours of hanging out and having a good time. Only slept for about 3 hours before driving home on Monday, but it was totally worth it to chill with you and Vu.

kona for going 4-0 for doing your best to rep Massachusetts with me. We were so close! Let's get up there at Evo, bro.

Phoenix for being peoples, making the drive to the venue so fun, and for being scary with Nightwolf. You're already a serious threat, so I hope you'll keep at it.

Dark_Rob for letting me borrow an MK stick with iL parts for most of the tournament, and providing a really intense match! I have a better understanding of the Sub-Zero matchup now, thanks to you.

Tom Brady for telling some hilarious stories, and for being helpful and insightful in our discussions about the game.

Summ0ning for being a nice guy, and for always holding it down in MK.

Shoutouts to Sabin for getting up there in MK again. When are we going to play some games, man?

And shouts to the OG MK players that I chilled with at the bar.

See everyone at Evo! And please come to Summer Jam!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
BlueIX I promise I'll do that UMK3 Sub-zero challenge, but I had an on the spot Mileena challenge that I couldn't pass up. I will show you how to use him.

Also I want to give a shout out to Billy Bats, I couldn't remember your tag but congrats on taking MKII. I tweeted a shout out for you earlier today.

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
I didn't realize how true this was until i was actually spectating UMK3. As i was watching you guys run the brackets I oerheard Tom say to one of you guys "Listen, I WILL PAY to have people never play this game again" i laughed so hard at this and felt like it really summed up his feeling for UMK3. Still mad respect for him though even though I've always liked UMK3
hes still salty from his chicagoUMK3 humblage