What's new

ECT3 Shoutouts

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hey guys this is rob 9.95 brother. Thanks everyone for the shout outs. This was only my second tournament that I ran brackets. Talk about training under fire. I want to give a shout out to all the players that stood by and waited while we dealt with the electrical issue and then being patient while we got everything together. Organelle the beer was one of the best I ever had just cause of how bad I needed it. I thought that your girl showed some balls coming out and playing knowing what she may have had to deal with. Storms it was great meeting you. Lastly I want to say thanks to shock for helping me with the brackets. Without him I would have been screwed
Rob!!!!!

Will you be coming to SJ? :)

Sabin

Elder God
Good shit to everyone involved I had a lot of fun. Next time we are streaming a mk event we gotta get the mk community organized and have them set up matches faster. We had a lot of dead air on the stream during mk. This was partially due to the power outage though next time I hope we can all do better.

Nice meeting everyone and ggs to k hunter and reo on taking me out. Reptile being the most popular character is making me wanna drop him lol. Shoutouts to me falling asleep on my vlx lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Good shit to everyone involved I had a lot of fun. Next time we are streaming a mk event we gotta get the mk community organized and have them set up matches faster. We had a lot of dead air on the stream during mk. This was partially due to the power outage though next time I hope we can all do better.

Nice meeting everyone and ggs to k hunter and reo on taking me out. Reptile being the most popular character is making me wanna drop him lol. Shoutouts to me falling asleep on my vlx lol

Yeah, I will note that this was NOT the MK guys' fault... it was the power outage what caused the mess. Players had no idea when things were going to start therefore they ventured off to other games, get food, etc... so then we had to hunt players down.

Again, not our fault... it just, "is what it is"

Sabin

Elder God
Yeah, I will note that this was NOT the MK guys' fault... it was the power outage what caused the mess. Players had no idea when things were going to start therefore they ventured off to other games, get food, etc... so then we had to hunt players down.

Again, not our fault... it just, "is what it is"
Don't worry brother I know. It was a hectic weekend for everyone. I was just disappointed because we wanted to stream way more matches. Couldn't even get the roundtable done :(

Regardless it was nice meeting you storms and rest of the tym staff knows what it is

Hey guys this is rob 9.95 brother. Thanks everyone for the shout outs. This was only my second tournament that I ran brackets. Talk about training under fire. I want to give a shout out to all the players that stood by and waited while we dealt with the electrical issue and then being patient while we got everything together. Organelle the beer was one of the best I ever had just cause of how bad I needed it. I thought that your girl showed some balls coming out and playing knowing what she may have had to deal with. Storms it was great meeting you. Lastly I want to say thanks to shock for helping me with the brackets. Without him I would have been screwed
Thanks again dude! Honestly, the least I could do was give you a couple warm beers. You pretty much ensured that my gf had a good time, and I really really appreciate that. Hopefully next tournament she will have a dependable converter and can actually showcase some stuff. Her meterless combos and zoning gaming are much better then mine, especially after coaching from michelangelo and nick, so heres to hoping she wants to come out to future tourneys ;D. Thanks a ton though dude. If I run into you at a future tournament, I'll see if I can get that beer chilled for you instead, haha.

Thanks again dude! Honestly, the least I could do was give you a couple warm beers. You pretty much ensured that my gf had a good time, and I really really appreciate that. Hopefully next tournament she will have a dependable converter and can actually showcase some stuff. Her meterless combos and zoning gaming are much better then mine, especially after coaching from michelangelo and nick, so heres to hoping she wants to come out to future tourneys ;D. Thanks a ton though dude. If I run into you at a future tournament, I'll see if I can get that beer chilled for you instead, haha.
Again thanks for the beer. I know what it's like to have a girlfriend in tow to a tournament and when I saw she was playing I thought was pretty damn cool and wanted to make sure she didn't miss her turn since she was the only woman playing

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Sorry for no mention before but a big thanks to Rob, Phil and Shock for running the MK tournaments as smooth as possible. That power outage was fucked up. Also big thanks to joe and john for hosting the event.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Thanks to everyone who helped out; it was nice to finally get around to a major tournament despite all the issues. Since it seems like the MK crew kind of runs their own show I would love to support any local north east tournament with whatever it needs next time. It's extremely frustrating to play on TVs that either clip parts of the EX meter out or have noticeable lag.

A particular thanks to Storms for finding what pool I was in since I was an at door register and for doing an awesome job on the android stream. It was really nice to meet you!

Thanks to Shock for running the brackets and putting up with everything! It was so hard to hear what was going on thanks to the main speakers being used to scream into for Marvel hype.

And a huge apology for leaving at around 1:30am and DQing myself. Sadly I had driven there with 3 other guys and it was about a 2.5 hour drive. We simply had to leave :( I tried to tell Shock, but someone told me they were calling my name for over 10 minutes, so I assume he didn't hear me, or forgot - both totally understandable in that mess haha.

Any who, I'll be posting a thread in the Atlantic North Matchmaking very shortly. For over a month a group of us in King of Prussia, PA have been running weekly tournaments for Marvel 3 and Mortal Kombat. We would love to expand our normal crowd of 15ish members so I will edit this post with a link to the future thread.

Thank you all again for hosting the tournament.
(registered as SwiftTomahawk in the tournament)

UPDATE:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?7459-King-of-Prussia-PA-(10-minutes-outside-Philly)-Weekly-Tournaments&p=86939#post86939

spyk

Noob
DarthArma- Good shit man. You really earned that top 8

Spencer - Great job to you too. I hope you finally join TYM

Mario- Always fun being around you man. You had me rofling many times this weekend

Rest of the LI crew- good shit on blazblue, you guys were a blast hanging with.

Guyingreen- Glad you made it out, your real world MK impressions were hilarious.

RammaSamma- I hope I spelt your name right. Good shit in MVC.

16bit- Nice meeting you too man, i don't know if you use tym or not, but we had a great conversation.

Michaelangelo- Dude, your the man. Good job for winning. Hanging out with you guys was awesome.

Organelle- Nice meeting you too, I'm sure once we start something up around here well be seeing each other alot

Khunter- Great shit, the south jersey crew was awesome

MagnetoHalfway- good shit again man

995 and your bro- You guys did great. It was crazy hectic, but you guys know what to do. things got so much better as the tournament went on. I still can't believe that rob has only been doing this for a little longer then a month. He did great.

Shock- Always nice being around a veteran such as yourself. Couldn't really get to talk to much but it's great to see you again. Hope once you get some free time you start getting back into the community.

And huge shout out to JimCoastin, Your room was hype and so many people came through. It was nice of you to run it like that, and after you left it wasn't the same.

So many cool people, Riu, DanCock, Reo, ChrisG, Darkrob, i'm sorry if i forgot anybody. It was great fun.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
God where to begin....
(I was James the tall kid with the yankees hat and grey polo on Saturday if anyone doesn't recognize my name)

Storms - huge props on streaming the WHOLE time from your phone. Everyone from the MK community owes you a huge thanks plus me for helping me out when I had questions before the tourney.

Michaelangelo - for being so down to earth and actually talking to me and my friends and congrats on winning you earned it BIG time good luck with that sponsor.

Tom Brady - also for being very down to earth and very informative when we had questions.

Shock and 995's brother - for holding down the MK pools smoothly as possible even after the power outage.

SweetJohnnyCage and LI Joe for putting the thing together...it was amazing.

All of my opponents - gg's to the winners and losers I learned more from those fights than thousands of matches online.

Whispering Eye (Sabrina) - for representing the females gamers in the world and being the only girl (I think) in the MK tournament. I hope she inspires other females to participate in more events like this.

All in all....thanks to EVERYONE for making my first tournament experience amazing and I can't wait until SJ5! I'll be there and be way more ready than I was for ECT3.

I really dont even know where to start, please bear with me guys.

1st, shouts out to Sweet Johnny Cage and LIJoe for throwing the whole tournament, I imagine that has to be stressful at times.

Also shout out to all those that helped run the MK section, forgive me, Im new so I havent quite got the names down yet, I did speak with 995 for a quick second and I can tell he is a cool guy, so If you read this 9.95, thank you sir

Shout outs to:

Darth Arma, for probably my most fun and intense match of the tourney, ggs man

16_Bit, very cool guy enjoyed hanging with you sir

BattleBear, thanks for chillin and discussing match ups, it was fun

MikeMetroid, you sir have my vote for funniest person there, lol, babalities and character cards??? wild stuff man lol

GuyinGreen, a close 2nd for funniest person, you had me crackin up as well

Storms, for inviting me to join the site and for the extra work I saw you put in, great stuff man

Spyk, enjoyed hanging out man and I appreciate the support and the kind words, it means a lot for someone new like me

AC1984, for putting me into Losers and then having what was the closest match in the history of MK with me later in the tourney that probably only 5 ppl saw

Fubarduck, for the ggs in the tourney, advice on flying, and educating me on about 3 different topics lol

Tom Brady, for all you do for the MK movement, pushing and teaching the game, I appreciate the advice after the tourney, have alot of respect for you man.

Khunter, Beastly Liu Kang my good man, never saw anything like it, I believe you go to Body Shop? look forward to maybe having another go at it next BS Tourney, Im very close to that spot and never knew it until I met the guys who host it at ECT3.

Reo, for knocking me out of the tourney, much respect to you sir, we were both pissed when the controller BS went down lol, but well played by you, that Reptile is sick!

Michaelangelo, Congrats on another victory, enjoyed hanging out with you, one of the coolest guys on the face of the planet!

Chris G, enjoyed talking with you mam, really cool guy and down to earth, much respect on 2nd place and 1st in MVC3

Guys, If Im forgetting people please forgive me, I really just wanna say thank you to everybody, I had a blast at this tournament and look forward to seeing you all again next time!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

1st, shouts out to Sweet Johnny Cage and LIJoe for throwing the whole tournament, I imagine that has to be stressful at times.

Also shout out to all those that helped run the MK section, forgive me, Im new so I havent quite got the names down yet, I did speak with 995 for a quick second and I can tell he is a cool guy, so If you read this 9.95, thank you sir

Shout outs to:

MikeMetroid, you sir have my vote for funniest person there, lol, babalities and character cards??? wild stuff man lol

Storms, for inviting me to join the site and for the extra work I saw you put in, great stuff man

Spyk, enjoyed hanging out man and I appreciate the support and the kind words, it means a lot for someone new like me

AC1984, for putting me into Losers and then having what was the closest match in the history of MK with me later in the tourney that probably only 5 ppl saw

Fubarduck, for the ggs in the tourney, advice on flying, and educating me on about 3 different topics lol

Tom Brady, for all you do for the MK movement, pushing and teaching the game, I appreciate the advice after the tourney, have alot of respect for you man.

Khunter, Beastly Liu Kang my good man, never saw anything like it, I believe you go to Body Shop? look forward to maybe having another go at it next BS Tourney, Im very close to that spot and never knew it until I met the guys who host it at ECT3.

Reo, for knocking me out of the tourney, much respect to you sir, we were both pissed when the controller BS went down lol, but well played by you, that Reptile is sick!

Michaelangelo, Congrats on another victory, enjoyed hanging out with you, one of the coolest guys on the face of the planet!

Chris G, enjoyed talking with you mam, really cool guy and down to earth, much respect on 2nd place and 1st in MVC3

Guys, If Im forgetting people please forgive me, I really just wanna say thank you to everybody, I had a blast at this tournament and look forward to seeing you all again next time!
Dude, mad respect for you and Tom in those matches. That was the biggest "blow up" of the entire event.

here is a link to your matches with Tom, it's the first couple matches shown: http://www.justin.tv/tymlive/b/288862423

God where to begin....
(I was James the tall kid with the yankees hat and grey polo on Saturday if anyone doesn't recognize my name)

Storms - huge props on streaming the WHOLE time from your phone. Everyone from the MK community owes you a huge thanks plus me for helping me out when I had questions before the tourney.

Michaelangelo - for being so down to earth and actually talking to me and my friends and congrats on winning you earned it BIG time good luck with that sponsor.

Tom Brady - also for being very down to earth and very informative when we had questions.

Shock and 995's brother - for holding down the MK pools smoothly as possible even after the power outage.

SweetJohnnyCage and LI Joe for putting the thing together...it was amazing.

All of my opponents - gg's to the winners and losers I learned more from those fights than thousands of matches online.

Whispering Eye (Sabrina) - for representing the females gamers in the world and being the only girl (I think) in the MK tournament. I hope she inspires other females to participate in more events like this.

All in all....thanks to EVERYONE for making my first tournament experience amazing and I can't wait until SJ5! I'll be there and be way more ready than I was for ECT3.
She appreciates the shoutout very much. Now I am trying to convince her to joing TYM.

Dark_Rob

Noob
She appreciates the shoutout very much. Now I am trying to convince her to joing TYM.
Does she play Kabal? I think I was sitting right behind her watching her play against Maxters's Sektor. she did pretty good for her first tournament. I knew id seen that modded PDP stick somewhere I just couldnt remember where at the moment lol

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Wait, so "Whispering Eye" was that girl Kabal player? lmao, if only she knew how the crowd reacted to me showing her face on stream... they were like, "OMG is that girl playing MK??" They also made a few other comments in which I'll leave to the imagination, lol

kona

Noob
Had a great time. Good shit to our T.O.'s for taking the time to make sure shit runs as smoothly as possible for a game of this caliber. I appreciate all of your hard work! 9.95, Shock, and others, great to see you guys again. You're always so hospitable to every time I see you guys at a major. Hopefully, more of us from New England will make it out to more of these events. Good shit to those I played and those that beat me. You guys are the reason I wanna level up and continue playing this game. Also, once that MK1, MK2, UMK3 port comes out on PSN, I'll be in a lot better shape for UMK3 than I was this weekend. Keep MK alive!

Does she play Kabal? I think I was sitting right behind her watching her play against Maxters's Sektor. she did pretty good for her first tournament. I knew id seen that modded PDP stick somewhere I just couldnt remember where at the moment lol
Haha yeah that was her and that was the same stick. I just need to find a more dependable converter for her, because she is normally better then she was at the tourney.

Wait, so "Whispering Eye" was that girl Kabal player? lmao, if only she knew how the crowd reacted to me showing her face on stream... they were like, "OMG is that girl playing MK??" They also made a few other comments in which I'll leave to the imagination, lol
Yeah lol that was her. And I am sure the comments were vulgarly flattering ;D, lol.

Shout outs to:

thanks for the shout out. It was a crazy set. I havent gone that hype and hungry in a LOOOONG time. We gotta meet up and run lots and lots of casuals before summer jam. It's probably the best way for us to get better. Check out the northern jersey thread. I wanna run back lots of games with you

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Dude I was so close to giving people some cards, I felt like I got knocked out way to early in the tournament.

Hopefully I'll get to face your kung lao some other time. Shit was so cash with you against brady.
Oh and you were like what the only dude wearing the MK shirt besides me? (I didn't see that many)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
First off, thanks to John and Joe for putting together a beyond successful tournament. I love you guys. I estimated over 600 people in the room at one point. Truly marvelous. Pun intended. They allow the MK community to thrive and be recognized time and again and without that support it's impossible. With that said I'll include Big E in here because he does the same and has been for 10 years. He won't let me not run MK.

To the MK crew, Phil, Nit, Rob, Rob, Simon, REO, Scott - all of you are family to me and thank you for supplying mentally and physically everything necessary to keep things together even when we were in serious trouble on Saturday, and I'll get into that now heh.

The power outage and the pools being sort of unconfirmed really extended the time frame. In the future I would like to put the brackets together based on people who are actually there if there's any way to do that. I walked in and never really noticed if people registered at the door like in the past, but I also know that even if people pay and register online, they don't always show up. Phil and I can handle brackets that with a 128 person tournament the day of, definitely if it's based on pools built from preregistration but I don't want to go through calling people who were never in the building so much again if I don't have to.

The pools suggested about 140 players but the real turnout was definitely more like 100 counting all the DQs of people who never showed up or left because it ran too late, I don't know if this caused a problem for any other pools, maybe we DQed too late into matches. We went until 3:30AM but I think realistically we could have finished by midnight in a moderately ideal setting, ie - if not for the 90 minute delay and extended downtimes at stations due to players not showing up. For the first 2 hours of pools A and B were spent re-rearranging the brackets as we went because so many players weren't answering to our calls or the PA calls. I asked everyone to raise their hand who was playing in MK and about 20 people did, but almost none of those people were in a match with other people, and there were about 35 to 38 people per pool. We would have had to DQ nearly half of the first rounds so instead we switched some non-essential matches to get players to actually go against each other, then DQed full matches, shrinking the brackets down. If the players who didn't show at all didn't answer within 5 minutes of their losers round matches we DQed them entirely. On top of that, we wound up losing a station at C during the second pools halfway in because the "Arena" PS3 system had to be taken, and my PS3 AV cable was being used for SSF4.

The problem with the stream matches was due to the fact that we didn't have any stream worthy matches at the time they were asking us to, so we sent anyone who was in a match with a known player, like Arturo, REO, Chris G, etc. I don't know how the times were slated for streaming but had we started 90 minutes earlier without the power failure, we would have been into the semi finals for winners at that point and it would have worked out well. Just bad timing and bad luck all around. Next big tournament if big E wants us to do MK9 brackets we'll see about handling it differently. Make no mistake about it though, I had a great time and would do it all over again. I really enjoyed getting to know the MK9 players because I'm sure many of you have noticed, I'm not around much on the boards anymore, not even on my own site.

Rob, thank you so much for handling those brackets so well. Next time we'll have things running much better, I promise you. I owe you a dinner, perhaps we can split a Crave Case in the near future. Your preparation at Valley Stream definitely helped you this weekend.

Phil, we're on another level when it comes to this stuff. I don't need to say any more, you know it all.

Nit, I'll talk to you at work heh but you did AMAZINGLY well for a guy who thinks he's too old to play. Your single best weekend. You should always support a $400 bar bill before you play, it seems to work.

AC1984, we didn't really get to talk until the end of the weekend. We need to play more, we gotta set up arrangements, I'll talk to Nit.

Dark Rob, you're always there for the community and represent many pieces of our puzzle, a lot of people probably don't realize it but I hope they do. You are currently teaching countless people how to play Sub-zero through your dominance. Must feel good to be able to teach me after the last year and a half of teaching you UMK3. We'll play soon.

STORMS, I just want to let you know that you are a major part of this MK family. All the other guys know what they do and what they are worth, and I just want to make sure that you do. We appreciate every little thing you do and trust me, I see everything. We've needed someone with your type of energy, dedication and desire to communicate with people on a different level than I have for a while and it's working out so well. It's hard to communicate this at the tournaments themselves, as you can see we're in the same room all day and we barely see each other. Players here need to realize that we literally work side by side in our effort. I'm so glad you have embraced the scene like you have.

REO, what else is there to say except that you are one of the single most impressive fighting game players I know. People still don't believe that you jumping into that hardcore MKII tournament at Winter Brawl and placed like 3rd or something ridiculous. I have to say they should believe it now when you dominate in all that is MK.

Organelle, I'm always happy to help people out at tournaments so they know what their options are if they want to start their own. Remember to ask around if there are groups of people in say a 50 mile radius of the area you want to run, because you generally pick up people in small packs. The scene we've built spans a very large area now and once you start running small ones, you might want to get involved with ours since you're in the middle.

Scoot Magee, I met you on Thursday at the Valley Stream casuals and it was simulataneously a pleasure and extremely frustrating playing your Reptile. I wish I had more time to seriously learn this game because it's definitely fun, but I get lost in the recovery times, mix ups and hit levels since I am not familiar with them. You are definitely a player to watch out for and I see big things coming your way. Good luck man and I hope to see you soon.

BATTLEBEAR, as always nice meeting you and I'm glad your experience was positive and no one rubbed you the wrong way. Make sure to reintroduce yourself to me because I met a ton of people who knew who I was and I didn't know who they were. I'll be honest I didn't recognize Michelangelo when he introduced himself to me then I realized hehe.

Thomahawk, I want to thank you again for helping us out. You allowed us to avoid a potentially ugly situation and I've never been thrown out of a building but it might have happened. We'll leave it at that heh. I'll see you again soon, and great work overall in the tournament, you impressed me and that's why I picked you with confidence.

ReyTheGreat, we had a fun set of Smoke vs Smoke. I hope to give you a better challenge if we get to play again in the future. I'm seeing about getting us back the air throw to Smoke bomb in some form or another. Keep your fingers crossed.

SwiftTomHanks, not a problem, I was being pulled in so many directions I probably didn't even realize it was you who told me you were leaving, especially because of so many new faces. You weren't the only person I was calling numerous times hehe.

Kona, you gave me a nice beat down in MK9, I will definitely play you again and get you some UMK3 training in. You're extremely talented.

Crazy Dominican, we really got to talk a bit more at this tournament than at ones in the past. Great set we had in the tournament, and congratulations on your very high placement in MK9. I always enjoy your company and am looking for to seeing you again at Summer Jam.

Spyk, always nice to see you and I hope we get some kind of thing going with the scene you're working on in North Jersey. Post that up everywhere you can, you'll get bites. We'll talk in depth next time I see you.

Michelangelo, it was a pleasure and honor meeting you. You are a true king and have so much respect. Keep your Kabal train moving.

Spencer, I've had the chance to get to know you for a while now all I can say is you're on your way up the ladder in no time. Extremely impressive display.

Chris G, fun times as always, you got me again in UMK3 but next time you're gonna feel it, I promise hehe. Again great job in MK9 and Marvel.

K Hunter, Darth Arma, Magneto Halfway, didn't really get to talk to you guys outside of pool stuff and handshakes. I watched your shit and I may not have known who you were before, but I know now.

BlueIX my man, you will get some UMK3 Sub-zero lessons from me in due time. You will realize the power behind this character. It locked so deep in the frozen ice because it's so potent. Always great to see you.

David Gem, your MKII skills are legendary, we'll have to pump up another big MKII tournament for the next one. Hope you're there.

Tom Brady. Who could forget Tom "Hitman" Brady? This guy is like a necessary evil. We're like the Professor X and Magneto of the MK community. Let me be the first to post this. After EVO, every UMK3 tournament we run on the East Coast will be a "Tom Brady Challenge" and in this instance I mean the fate of the UMK3 scene lies in the hands of whoever plays against him. The banner will be "Defeat the Evil Tom Brady to keep the UMK3 scene alive" because if Tom Brady ever wins a UMK3 tournament, we will stop running UMK3 forever! That's legit. Mad respect Bill, we've done our bit for King and Country, I'll talk to you soon.

Quick shouts to JeRon, I always run into you at least once during a weekend, Arturo for being a Legend, Spooky, Technician at Super Turbo stream, (I believe that was your handle, we go waaaaay back, memory is foggy), Bisonopolis for waving to me as I left the parking garage on my way home, Voytek for always being a trooper, supporting your friends, drinking a lot, not snoring on the floor in the hotel, and being legitimately 2 meters tall in your stocking feet.

Last but not least, Seth Killian, an honor to meet you. I was blown away that you even knew who I am or that I use to make combo videos. I felt special. You are the ultimate pillar of this community.

I'm sure I missed people, you all know who you are, if you shout me I'll shout back! Quick shouts to DreemerNJ, Konqrr, Tim Static, Cowboy Hat Matt, NoDoubt, ComeBack Kyle, Krazybone, Julian and others who couldn't be there and I'm sure wanted to be. I was sad that we didn't even run UMK3 casuals on Saturday. No time, no room. UMK3 felt like a major after throught but next tournament it's coming back full force.

Dude I was so close to giving people some cards, I felt like I got knocked out way to early in the tournament.

Hopefully I'll get to face your kung lao some other time. Shit was so cash with you against brady.
Oh and you were like what the only dude wearing the MK shirt besides me? (I didn't see that many)
Yo that set with Brady was crazy!

lol yea man we definitely gotta play sometime, and I believe we were the only ones with MK shirts on

thanks for the shout out. It was a crazy set. I havent gone that hype and hungry in a LOOOONG time. We gotta meet up and run lots and lots of casuals before summer jam. It's probably the best way for us to get better. Check out the northern jersey thread. I wanna run back lots of games with you
Oh and I forgot to say that Cyrax combo was CRAZY AS HELL, lol, I never been hit with something like that in this game, put the fear of God in me lol.

But definitely man, I agree, we should play alot before summer jam and level up, sounds like a plan!