What's new

Question - Outlaw EB anti air options

rehti

Noob
Hello,

I am posting this question under the EB forum but it can be seen as a general gameplay question.

I am a very occasional player and I played a not so good Quan Chi last night (but still better than me) who was actually jumping a lot. While I was blocking almost all of his mixups (B3 vs F2) I was kinda stuck in a loop where he was constantly crossing me over with a JIP.

What is the best option in this kind of situation. As a Joker main, I totally understand the efficiency of this pressure but I would like to know what should I do against that?

- uppercut? Not sure if it's because it was online but I was not able to punish as much as I wanted
- Pig's style with a armored special move?

While EB B2 seems like a good anti-air, it is actually not working so well when opponent is crossing over due to the forward movement EB does when executing this move. I think B1 is a good option but I would like to know what are you guys doing in this situation

Thanks!!

st9rm

viennality.com
do you mean, to not block the incoming jip and use 21122? 2 is also making EB moves forward a bit so I guess we need to time it right when he is crossing us up or what?
nonono, def not, i was just joking ;)
i don't play EB, it just seems as an overall great tool
if you do have them in blockstring pressure and they try to jump out, it will catch them and you can confirm into the slide thing

as an anti air, i would suggest either using standing 1 (which seems decent), uppercutting or using a d1 if you have the execution (which is super risky in this game)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
- D2
- Pre-emptive Sand Gust (DB4) - Marksman/Gunslinger
- EX Slide
- EX Tarkatan Stab (EX DF2) - Outlaw
- EX Sand Toss (EX DB4) - Outlaw
- Run under and punish
- Standing 1 (Crossups only)

D4G

Win At All Cost
D2 is pretty much your safest bet. Outlaw Erron's biggest weakness is his lack of a solid anti-air.
Every variation of Erron's has that weakness, though 90% of the cast suffers from the same issue. Outlaw has the best answer with his NJP

ASMA

Noob
Hello,

I am posting this question under the EB forum but it can be seen as a general gameplay question.

I am a very occasional player and I played a not so good Quan Chi last night (but still better than me) who was actually jumping a lot. While I was blocking almost all of his mixups (B3 vs F2) I was kinda stuck in a loop where he was constantly crossing me over with a JIP.

What is the best option in this kind of situation. As a Joker main, I totally understand the efficiency of this pressure but I would like to know what should I do against that?

- uppercut? Not sure if it's because it was online but I was not able to punish as much as I wanted
- Pig's style with a armored special move?

While EB B2 seems like a good anti-air, it is actually not working so well when opponent is crossing over due to the forward movement EB does when executing this move. I think B1 is a good option but I would like to know what are you guys doing in this situation

Thanks!!
Try using B2 or the rifle swing in Marksman on jump ins. NJP for Outlaw or standing 1 for cross-ups.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Not sure if this works, but if he is jumping over to cross up; dash forward and punish his wiff.