What's new

Easiest / Most Difficult Characters to Learn

Easy:
Shinnok - Boneshaper

Shinnok in general doesn't have very many strings, or things to memorize in general. Boneshapers gameplay is pretty straight forward, and his setplay is super easy to execute and understand.
I agree with that, but Impostor Shinnok is pretty hard to learn imo. The instant air teleport takes a lot of time to get used to, and you have to learn every characters mimicry steal which takes some time as well.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
I started out with Kung Jin as a fighting game beginner and I grasped him very quickly (even the harder tech). Now I play Demolition Sonya and she was easy to learn, but if I started out with demo sonya I'd have such a harder time learning. With basics down I feel like I could learn any character -so I guess: Start easy and work your way up? :)

Wigy

There it is...
Easiest has to be jin/subzero

Jin just is stupidly safe and has a get out of jail free card with ex db3x

Subzero requires no thought unless you can hit through the clone with ur normals

Oh Yeah... and for me

Hardest

1 Cassie
2 Kotal Kahn
3 D' Vorah
4 Tanya (only because I am learning now :p )

Easiest

1 Raiden
2 Liu Kang
3 Kano
4 Erron Black
5 Kitana (though I'm used to playing her every game)
That is a joke right? Do you know what run cancels are? Try run canceling combos with raiden, he is almost as hard as jax hw or devorah sq

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I agree with that, but Impostor Shinnok is pretty hard to learn imo. The instant air teleport takes a lot of time to get used to, and you have to learn every characters mimicry steal which takes some time as well.
Yeah mimicry and necro take longer to learn. Plus like you said, you have to know what mimicry steals in every match-up.

I don't think there are very many hard characters to play in this game due to the general nature of the game. Jump ins being ridiculously good, armor being an instant "get the fuck off me" button (some moves leading to big damage too), A lot of characters having very strong forward advancing normals/strings etc.

Characters that don't have one of these options listed above imo are the harder ones to play but almost all of them have something. Quan Chi off the top of my head seems like a harder character to play due to the fact you have to actually play strong defensive once people get in because of very weak armor to get out and being a zoning character in a game where rush down excels.

No character is too tough to play though in my opinion. I play A List Johnny (some who have listed here as tough) and think he is super easy (but very fun) to play.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Easiest - Kung Jin ? Yeah - try to play Ancestral on a High lvl and be succesfull.
Stop Bullshiting people.
Is that what the question was all of a sudden? Why not demand him to go play Takeda Ronin on high level and be successful? Kung Jin in Bojutsu is easy, if we follow your logic when replying to this thread there would be endless discussions where someone would say X character is easy and people like you would be like LOL NO X VARIATION IS HARD/BAD/UNVIABLE GO TRY BE SUCCESFUL ON A HIGH LEVEL.

Come on dude...

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Easiest:
Bojutsu
Covered Ops
War God
Inferno Scorp

Hardest:
Kitana - Mostly Royal Storm and Assassin (to play them optimal u need perfect Run Cancels , Dashes , Instant Air Fans , good timing and ofc be good at convering combos from anything.
Impostor
EB (all variations) - I dont wanna offend people but everyone can see the differance between Fox , Reo and the others who play him.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Like @Luke Stofan , I REALLY struggled with Cassie's run cancels in the first week, and even avoided them, but busted my ass to learn them and now it's much easier to learn other characters. I play Sonya, Kung Lao, Erron Black, Kitana, and Tanya for fun. The things I struggle with now are the 21122 string in combos for Erron, Kitana's F43 timing after confirming a full screen air fan, and hitting Lao's 112124 when I'm nervous.

Hardest: DF Liu Hands down. Have been playing since launch and still mess up on iafb and even fireball cancels at times. His buttons are just wacky unlike with raiden and scorpion's cancels.

Easiest: FF Liu. No brainer. DD cancel.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Easiest Characters I've learned- Pumped Up Jax, Covert Sonya, Inferno Scorpion, War God Kotal Khan, Slasher Jason.
Hardest I've Learned- Summoner Quan, Swarm Queen D'vorah (I'm still ass at her) Heavy Weapons Jax, Hellfire Scorpion.

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
Balanced kenshi has pretty limited options though, as opposed to the other characters listed as easy. Don't get me wrong, he's a good character with simple combos and zoning but once you play against a patient player who respects the armor, you really have to outsmart the opponent and that's not easy.
He was asking who is the easiest character to learn not mind games associated to a character, and as you said he has very simple combos, and only a few relevant starters, and I think he is a very good character for players to start with

I really wanna know why everyone thinks Quan is hard to use. He's so fucking easy it's stupid.
Easiest: Quan, Sonya, KJ, Jason
Hardest: Tanya, Cassie, Jax
I think Quan is hard because once you get knocked down you are fucked because his armor is terrible. It seems Quan is getting knocked down a lot more than at the beginning of the game. So being able to keep people out with strong zoning seems to take more concentration than running in then rolling your face on the controller into big damage.

mfkaoz

Banned
I think Quan is hard because once you get knocked down you are fucked because his armor is terrible. It seems Quan is getting knocked down a lot more than at the beginning of the game. So being able to keep people out with strong zoning seems to take more concentration than running in then rolling your face on the controller into big damage.
Oh I was assuming that you guys meant about execution and shit. Makes sense now I guess Quan becomes hard when he gets knocked down in the corner.

HanSolo

Noob
Eh, it sucks that for my first fg "main" I pick mm EB. I like him and I've put decent hours in with him but it takes me forever to learn things in the lab as it is without playing a char/var. With hard execution. I feel I could probably be further along if I went for something more newb friendly.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I don't think this game has any hard to learn characters.

In other fighters it can take several months to master some techniques. MKX doesn't have anything like that.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Lets you focus practice time on real gameplay situations and actual matches instead of grinding execution.
Yeah NRS games has always being easy to learn hard to master

I think the only truly difficult char in a NRS game for practical use was Kabal, yeah you had Rains roundhouse cancels but most of it was more flash

But the question was not who is hard but who is the hardest lol

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
This game has zero hard to use characters. Very straight forward game plans across the board. It's less about "hard to use" and more about "hard to win with." Kenjutsu Kenshi and a couple of others have some very out of place execution requirements but honestly a grade-schooler could figure out most of the roster.

Trap-based characters can be hard to use effectively if you have trouble executing setups. Sort of universal to the genre though.