What's new

early tier list discussion

btbb99

Noob
i know its early but i'm interested in hearing everyone's opinion on any thoughts they have with the tier list. i know what the strategy guide said and i think everyone can agree that in the end it's going to be atleast somewhat wrong. i heard the guys in that "PowerUp tournament" video saying " they think kung lao is good but not as good as everyone thinks" and the strategy guide says cyber sub zero is the worst character in the game and i heard the guys saying " he's definitely not the worst character in the game"... just interested in your thoughts fellas!!!!!

Dark_Rob

Noob
Yea Baraka seems like the only one truly lacking. Hes ok up close but from afar hes really got nothing and getting in for him is a crapshoot.

The best characters to me at this early stage seem like:

1.Sub Zero
2.Kung Lao
3.Johnny Cage
4.Raiden
5.Nightwolf
6.Liu Kang
7.Cyrax.

Take this with a grain of salt. Its just how I see it, not nessecarily how it is.

I don't know of any particular rank order but Easymac seems legit, easy 40+% BnB's with no meter. Cyrax seems borderline broken, that bomb trap shit is ridiculous.

Baraka seems like poop though.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
1. Cyrax
2. Smoke
3. Kitana
4. Kung Lao
5. Raiden

This is my top 5 so far. I can't believe I'm putting Cyrax at the top but it's indisputable after having multiple people pull off high damage combos that seem way too easy.

My estimation:

S
Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Raiden, Johnny Cage

A+
Liu Kang, Cyrax, Kitana, Reptile, Ermac, Smoke, Kabal, Noob Saibot

A
Scorpion, Nightwolf, Sektor, Jade, Kano, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Cyber Sub-Zero, Sonya, Mileena

B
Jax, Sheeva, Stryker, Quan Chi

C
Baraka

wow, from just doing a quick play though the arcade ladder with the top 8 chars in the char select screen I never would have thought you guys would put sub-zero at the top. Based on my quick play though I had a hard time using him compared to chars like cage and lao. I honestly put in about 20 minutes of play time but for some reason sub felt gimped compared to the others on initial though. I guess I just have yet to unlock his potential!

Raven

Noob
I really think you guys are underestimating Ermac. His BnB is brain dead easy for over 40% he has a teleport (not the best), a low projectile that helps him duck under most other projectiles winning him trades, and an unbearbly broken spacing move. The hit box is WAY to big and it pushes full screen leaving room for projectile chip. He may not be as great as Lao or Sub but I would deffinitly throw him up in the S rank.

Other than that I like Sub, Lao, Cyrax, Cage, Kitana, and Maybe Kang