What's new

Combo List - D'Vorah D'Vorah Combo Thread

Anne

Noob
Floe was streaming earlier. I asked him, cause I know he had found something (Or someone told him):

b1 xx WaspGrenade xx Run xx Block > f11 xx Shit out Damage

It's a 1 frame link or so. <_<

Good luck.
I feel like nobody read my post about this several pages ago(where I mentioned that exact just frame), so here I go again. F2 is a 14f overhead. b1 is a 10f low. In Swarm Queen, you can do bug grenade run cancel to combo off both of these. These run cancel links are super duper important, and you will NEED routes off these to play optimally. You can turn any unreactable high/low mix up into actual damage or a slightly minus on block situation, at the cost of some stamina. She can also bug grenade run cancel off f11, which is important for 2 reasons. One, it allows her to safely confirm into big damage off her best spacing normal. 2, even on block that situation can be returned to neutral really easily, or pushed to create a situation.

f22(14f high option), bug grenade run cancel combos into:

212 - Easy link into a little over 30% meterless
f11 - harder link, but lets you spend a bar to get around 40%
f44 - another hard link that allows for good meterless damage, especially vs a cornered opponent

f11(spacing tool), bug grenade run cancel combos into:

Actually, all the same links that f22 combos into, and maybe a little more. f11 generates more advantage so the links are easier. Sidenote: If you want damage, just do meter burn bug grenade, the run cancel reconfirm scales damage pretty hard, it's just meterless and less risky in a situation it's not guaranteed in.

b1(10f low option), bug grenade run cancel combos into:

11b2 - This is the easiest possible link, and it's still hard. It gets you somewhere around 26% meterless though, so go nuts
212 - just a harder link by 2f
f11 - This is just mad fucking hard and life is unfair. As mentioned above, it lets you shit out damage, but I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be a thing people can feasibly do.

If you're going to be playing D'Vorah, it's probably a good idea to learn some Swarm Queen and how to run cancel, because it's very likely that being able to will be important to this character. Having a 10-14f high/low game that leads to damage or safety seems like something definitely worth learning, but it's going to take some effort so you should start grinding them out now. I don't find the f11 or f22 links to be difficult, but dear god doing things of b1 requires you to cancel everything on the first available frames, and it's just a pain.

Edit: While I'm here, I might as well mention what happens on block. You can cancel the run into block and be safe on pretty much all of this if you do the run cancel just right. That's important to note because if you plan to follow up b1, it's naturally super minus with the strings, but with bug cancel you can decide to dash out or block. If you commit to the confirm I know faster moves will just poke you out of it clean. Don't just be doing these for pressure dead ass, if you decide you want to run cancel pressure somebody, you need to mix it into your strings, and you need to condition them to respect it. If somebody just decides to mash you, you might die for it.

Double edit: I'll also throw in she can run cancel combo off a lot of things like 112 strings, or just raw ass f4, and still pick up combos. These are just the most useful ones I've found. I'm sorry if this comes off super preachy or people already know this stuff, I just want to throw it all out there and let it be known as publicly as possible that she has these options, and they appear to be really strong and point to a potentially silly gameplan. Get them to block swarm, unreactable high/low into 26-40%+ back into a knockdown. Knock them down and they don't have meter, just high/low/throw, they're not reacting to it. Hell, just make the respect strings and whoops they get mixed up and this happens. It's not like setplay or anything, they have options like delay wake up to mess with timing, meter for armor, backdash, whatever, but that's just so many options to account for.

Edit 3: Fixed some typos, added some notes.

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I feel like nobody read my post about this several pages ago(where I mentioned that exact just frame), so here I go again. F2 is a 14f overhead. b1 is a 10f low. In Swarm Queen, you can do bug grenade run cancel to combo off both of these. These run cancel links are super duper important, and you will NEED routes off these to play optimally. You can turn any unreactable high/low mix up into actual damage or a slightly minus on block situation, at the cost of some stamina. She can also bug grenade run cancel off f11, which is important for 2 reasons. One, it allows her to safely confirm into big damage off her best spacing normal. 2, even on block that situation can be returned to neutral really easily, or pushed to create a situation.

f22, bug grenade run cancel combos into:

212 - Easy link into a little over 30% meterless
f11 - harder link, but lets you spend a bar to get around 40%
f44 - another hard link that allows for good meterless damage, especially vs a cornered opponent

f11, bug grenade run cancel combos into:

Actually, all the same links that f22 combos into, and maybe a little more. f11 generates more advantage so the links are easier

b1, bug grenade run cancel combos into:

11b2 - This is the easiest possible link, and it's still hard. It gets you somewhere around 26% meterless though, so go nuts
212 - just a harder link by 2f
(possibly)f11 - This one is super duper weird. I've managed to get it to combo, but it either requires some weird condition, or is just the hardest fucking just frame ever, or I'm fucking crazy and it doesn't exist. As mentioned above, it lets you shit out damage, but I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be a thing people can feasibly do.

If you're going to be playing D'Vorah, it's probably a good idea to learn some Swarm Queen and how to run cancel, because it's very likely that being able to will be important to this character. Having a 10-14f high/low game that leads to damage or safety seems like something definitely worth learning, but it's going to take some effort so you should start grinding them out now. I don't find the f11 or f22 links to be difficult, but dear god doing things of b1 requires you to cancel everything on the first available frames, and it's just a pain.

Edit: While I'm here, I might as well mention what happens on block. You can cancel the run into block and be safe on pretty much all of this if you do the run cancel just right. That's important to note because if you plan to follow up b1, it's naturally super minus with the strings, but with bug cancel you can decide to dash out or block. If you commit to the confirm I know faster moves will just poke you out of it clean.

Double edit: I'll also throw in she can run cancel combo off a lot of things like 112 strings, or just raw ass f4, and still pick up combos. These are just the most useful ones I've found. I'm sorry if this comes off super preachy or people already know this stuff, I just want to throw it all out there and let it be known as publicly as possible that she has these options, and they appear to be really strong and point to a potentially silly gameplan.
I feel you, F11 cancels? Piece of cake. F22 cancels? Not as consistent as I want. B1 cancels? Yea they can go to hell lol.

Anne

Noob
I feel you, F11 cancels? Piece of cake. F22 cancels? Not as consistent as I want. B1 cancels? Yea they can go to hell lol.
b1 cancels so precise you don't even see her run ;~;

And yet you gotta know them if you want that high/low. At least you're gonna feel good when you start hitting people with it.

Edit: While I'm here, I might as well add in a trick I do to help keep momentum. My combo off b1 right now is:

b1, run cancel, 11b2, f44, f112, bug grenade dash(not run) cancel

This way you just end up in their face on wake up, or can chase them and take the space anyways. It still gets like 25 or 26% meterless, and you build back stamina mid combo, so the only stamina you end up losing off it is the stamina from the dash, and you'll still have enough left to do a mix up into run cancel again.

Last edited:

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
(possibly)f11 - This one is super duper weird. I've managed to get it to combo, but it either requires some weird condition, or is just the hardest fucking just frame ever, or I'm fucking crazy and it doesn't exist. As mentioned above, it lets you shit out damage, but I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be a thing people can feasibly do.
The reason being is that if you buffer the dash before the the f22 or b1 cancels, it eats the special move input (gj NRS), and you cannot dash cancel a special move if you release the activation button (In this case, 1). That means you have a painfully smaller window to input "forward, release 1, press block, press 1" in both situations, as opposed to the other options. I still haven't managed to link f11 yet. <_<

This also means it's actually easier to link 212, since you don't have to worry about releasing and pressing 1. O:

This probably involves some tricky finger gymnastics to do (Or maybe you can bind 1 twice? lol)

Reactions: KNX

Anne

Noob
The reason being is that if you buffer the dash before the the f22 or b1 cancels, it eats the special move input (gj NRS), and you cannot dash cancel a special move if you release the activation button (In this case, 1). That means you have a painfully smaller window to input "forward, release 1, press block, press 1" in both situations, as opposed to the other options. I still haven't managed to link f11 yet. <_<

This probably involves some tricky finger gymnastics to do (Or maybe you can bind 1 twice? lol)
Yeah, I noticed this while labbing f22 confirms, I actually hold down 1 the entire time I input the next string, unless it's needed to go into one. I just try to time the dash best I can. Also, I already tried rewiring 1 to be bound twice, it doesn't work :p

I could just be dumb and f11 doesn't work off b1 and I'm wasting time, but it's worth investigating and trying anyways.

Last edited:

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Yeah, I noticed this while labbing f22 confirms, I actually hold down 1 the entire time I input the next string, unless it's needed to go into one. I just try to time the dash best I can. Also, I already tried rewiring 1 to be bound twice, it doesn't work :p

I could just be dumb and f11 doesn't work of b1 and I'm wasting time, but it's worth investigating and trying anyways.
Unless I'm going bonkers, I saw Floe hit it on pad. D:

Anne

Noob
Unless I'm going bonkers, I saw Floe hit it on pad. D:
God Bless that man. Then yeah it exists (I legit thought I was the one going bonkers) and it's just super hard. It's 2 just frames in a row where if you mess up the button hold you automatically fail. Edited my big dumb post of nonsense then.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
I am not getting these wasp cancels out for shit. Thinking of not even bothering to learn it.
It's really hard. I've been practicing on a live dummy, and it's not easy (I can do it consistently on a static one after an hour of practice).

This is how it looks for me:

f22, db1, (Hold 1, Wait until 1st frame of Wasp Grenade, Forward, Forward, Press Block, Release Forward, Press 2, Release and repress 1, Press 2), db1

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
It's really hard. I've been practicing on a live dummy, and it's not easy (I can do it consistently on a static one after an hour of practice).

This is how it looks for me:

f22, db1, (Hold 1, Wait until 1st frame of Wasp Grenade, Forward, Forward, Press Block, Release Forward, Press 2, Release and repress 1, Press 2), db1
I feel like the 212 string followup is actually the easiest. The rest is haaaard. T T

Anne

Noob

Somebody pointed out to me that I showed a 3 bar route and that 1 bar is more valuable, so here you go. This is the route that works off both f22 and b1 that gets you 40%+ because why not?

Ippolit

Noob
@Anne How viable do you thing her 113 is in terms of HKD and mixups?
Not very I reckon. The mixup potential of 11 3/d4 isn't all that great. They can high block and react to the low. If you throw in the threat of Throw though you have an ok mixup I guess.

For the hard knockdown, I 'd say it depends on what you wanna set up. b14 is virtually the same damage in 2 hits but only +18 instead of +27. So for example any combo that has 5 hits or more prior you're better of using b14 unless you need those extra 9 frames for something.

Edit: spelling

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Pressure with 212 is amazing. You don't have to worry about the crazy reaction you'll have to do on hit if you're in the middle of WCP (WaspGrenade Cancel Pressure). Basically you can do 212- sprint to the other side- F4,4- F112- Db4. 28% and very very easy to pull off.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Here is 32% no meter.

I am doing a segment on my channel where I post combos and challenge people to complete them. You might like this. it will be on going!

KNX

Noob

This also means it's actually easier to link 212, since you don't have to worry about releasing and pressing 1. O:

This post (particularly the bolded) was very, very important in me getting the bug cancel down before sunrise. Thank you.

Gonna take a while for me to get used to NRS' odd design choices within their system.