What's new

Combo List - D'Vorah D'Vorah Combo Thread

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
I've been practicing this drill.

CPU: Block - Random Kombo
ji2 > f11 xx EX Wasp Grenade (Confirming on hit into EX Wasp)
ji2 > f112 > Run Cancel > (Confirming on Block)
ji2 > f112 > Run Cancel > f22 > Run Cancel > (Confirm Hit into 212 Starter Combo, or on Block into f34/d4)

Done tightly, you can get all the way through to the f22 run cancel before running out of stamina. So it's a nice pressure flowchart if you get a chance at a ji2.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
f1 is that fast ? I mean, not whiff punisher, but for example, how do you punish scorpion's tp ? 11 b2 ?

A good pressure string at mid to far distance is Run>f42>df1.. f42 ..ex df1 or f22 ex db4. Great 50/50 mixups to keep the opponent guessing. I dont know how some ppl think this variation is really lacking it's clearly a mix of Catwoman nd Killer Frost in terms of Rushdown mixup potential. I only struggle against kitana fan spam or jaqui full auto spam at full screen bc I need to stay in to be effective. But oh well, D'vorah is still a good pick for the offensive.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
A good pressure string at mid to far distance is Run>f42>df1.. f42 ..ex df1 or f22 ex db4. Great 50/50 mixups to keep the opponent guessing. I dont know how some ppl think this variation is really lacking it's clearly a mix of Catwoman nd Killer Frost in terms of Rushdown mixup potential. I only struggle against kitana fan spam or jaqui full auto spam at full screen bc I need to stay in to be effective. But oh well, D'vorah is still a good pick for the offensive.
Are you saying this is good pressure on block? How safe is f4,2 on block? Is its safeness dependents on if you hit it from max range? I thought ex db4 is unsafe on block. On hit you could be getting better damage.

I'm not saying ex db4 is safe on block bc it isn't. The regular db4 is safer but it's only after I've hit confirmed the f22 then I ex db4.

Btw, I forgot to mention on the RUN>f42>df1... As your running whiff the kick on the f42 that way you go from running straight into the low hit. The animation into the fast low crawl is hard to read nd very quick. Doing this and RUN>throw periodically will have your opponent very frustrated. Mind you this is just a strategy I use that is very successful in my experience with D'vorah.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Found a flashy and reliable 45% midscreen, will try to get a video up tomorrow or something. This is reliable because the third f44 will hit even if your 2nd f44 hits them really low to the ground, assuming you WC quickly.

f11 xx ex wasp, jip, f44, f44 xx df1 xx run xx f44, d4 xx db4

You can probably get more out of it, but I can't play with it any more atm. You can just drop the d4 xx db4 if you're having trouble hitting the d4 and just do f44 xx db4 for 1% less.

Oh, and it pretty much carries them from midscreen to the corner.

Also forgot to add that d3 xx db4 can replace d4 xx db4 depending on the height and distance I think.

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Found a flashy and reliable 45% midscreen, will try to get a video up tomorrow or something. This is reliable because the third f44 will hit even if your 2nd f44 hits them really low to the ground, assuming you WC quickly.

f11 xx ex wasp, jip, f44, f44 xx df1 xx run xx f44, d4 xx db4

You can probably get more out of it, but I can't play with it any more atm. You can just drop the d4 xx db4 if you're having trouble hitting the d4 and just do f44 xx db4 for 1% less.

Oh, and it pretty much carries them from midscreen to the corner.

Also forgot to add that d3 xx db4 can replace d4 xx db4 depending on the height and distance I think.
Alright I have nothing to do tomorrow so I'm staying up. Here it is. I didn't add the d3 or d4 since I just cant hit it right now because I'm bad :( still 44% though, and I think you can get the combo off of a NJP, minus f11xxex wasp of course.

If you add a 2nd jip to this version as a starter it goes up to 45%

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
(I omitted B1 Wasp Cancel Combos because it is a 1 frame link, that I can’t get consistently enough to get damage percentages.)
After playing with b1 WC combos it doesn't feel like a 1 frame link, feels like you have at least a few more frames to work with. Is it confirmed that it is?

But here's b1, WC 212xxdb1, f34, f44xxdb4 which is 30%

KNX

Noob
After playing with b1 WC combos it doesn't feel like a 1 frame link, feels like you have at least a few more frames to work with. Is it confirmed that it is?

But here's b1, WC 212xxdb1, f34, f44xxdb4 which is 30%

To add to this, here's a list of b+1 starter combos and damage numbers. @Sindelia can add to the first post if he is still in need of b+1 xx WC stuff...

b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2, db+1, b+2,1 - 22% - Hard knockdown for meaty db+1 setup
b+1 xx WC, 1,1,b+2, f+4,4, RC, 1,1,2, db+4 - 27% - My BnB currently as it's relatively easy
b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2 xx db+1, f+3,4, d+2 - 28%
b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2 xx db+1, f+3,4, b+1,2 xx Air Throw - 29%
b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2 xx db+1, f+3,4, f+4,4 xx db+4 - 30%
b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2 xx db+1, njp, f+4,4, RC, 1,1 xx db+4 - 30%
b+1 xx WC, 1,1,b+2, f+4,4, 2,1,u+3 xx Air Throw - 30% (Corner)
b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2, db+1, f+4,4, 2,1,u+3 xx Air Throw - 34% (Corner)

Yeah b+1 combos are pivotal to rounding out SQ D'Vorah's high/low game... And the reason why this variation is significantly better than the others (which are still pretty good tbf), also the difference between D'Vorah being good and being cheap af.

Oh and I'm not the most creative when it comes to combos, so if anyone has ideas to squeeze more damage w/ or w/out meter, go ahead. Still though, 30% meterless off a low starter midscreen is insane but I'm not as comfortable with linking 2 after b+1 yet, at least, not in matches.

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
To add to this, here's a list of b+1 starter combos and damage numbers. @Sindelia can add to the first post if he is still in need of b+1 xx WC stuff...

b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2, db+1, b+2,1 - 22% - Hard knockdown for meaty db+1 setup
b+1 xx WC, 1,1,b+2, f+4,4, RC, 1,1,2, db+4 - 27% - My BnB currently as it's relatively easy
b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2 xx db+1, f+3,4, d+2 - 28%
b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2 xx db+1, f+3,4, b+1,2 xx Air Throw - 29%
b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2 xx db+1, f+3,4, f+4,4, db+4 - 30%
b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2 xx db+1, njp, f+4,4, RC, 1,1, db+4 - 30%
b+1 xx WC, 1,1,b+2, f+4,4, 2,1,u+3 xx Air Throw - 30% (Corner)
b+1 xx WC, 2,1,2, db+1, f+4,4, 2,1,u+3 xx Air Throw - 34% (Corner)

Yeah b+1 combos are pivotal to rounding out SQ DVorah's high/low game... And the reason why this variation is significantly better than the others (which are still pretty good tbf), also the difference between D'Vorah being good and being cheap af.

Oh and I'm not the most creative when it comes to combos, so if anyone has ideas to squeeze more damage w/ or w/out meter, go ahead. Still though, 30% meterless off a low starter midscreen is insane but I'm not as comfortable with linking 2 after b+1 yet, at least, not in matches.
The thing I've found with b1 WC 2 is that even if it doesn't link, a lot of people just won't have their finger on block. If they do you can still make it safe by just doing 21 assuming they don't press a button. This is just a way I'm doing things offline so I get more confident with hitting it though, not assuming optimal play here lol. Can't hit it in matches if you don't try!

Having so much fun with her though, and the D'Vorah forums here are so helpful, encouraging, and chill that it makes the experience that much better so I'm trying to give back to you all as much as I can! I was sad when no Jade in mkx but this is even better.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Also I posted this in the general discussion, but I have recently switched my block button over to R1 and it has made a world of difference for Wasp Canceling, especially B1 cancels. You guys should check it out and see how you like it.