What's new

Dumping your main?

I hear ya people and appreciate the suggestions. Not a connection with Scorpion and been there with Impostor Shinnok. He was a bit boring...

I have to agree with others about the "click" factor, its hard to explain but when you find a character you click with everything just feels right, even when ur first learning the character

For instance I started playing sub zero in MK2 and have never looked back, hes aesthetically one of my favourite characters of all time, (really dig the simplistic but badass design he usually has) and his play style is just something I cannot find in any other fighter, I absolutely love everything about the character and will always main him, even in MK9 post nerfs!

You just have to find that character for you, it may take some time but you'll find it!

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Don't pressure yourself to commit to any one character. Picking up someone else doesn't mean you're dropping Quan; at the very least, learning a new character will give you a new perspective on the game, which helps you improve overall. You might end up switching mains, but even if you don't, it doesn't mean your time was wasted.

My main Kitana is buttom 5, I dont plan on dumping her, she can only get better in new patches, she only needs f2 to be an overhead and thats it, she will skyrocket into top 10, other than that I will wait on the buffs patiently.

i dont play any of the chars i was planning to, because i didnt like their style (BG Kotal, MoS Raiden). playing commando kano and picking up brawler cassie now.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I see a lot of players (even top tier ones) holding themselves back by playing characters they think they should rather than finding out actually who they would be best with.

If you ever feel lost, you're on the wrong character. Dropping combos doesn't mean you're on the wrong character. That just means you have some practicing to do. You can have the dirtiest setups in the world, but if you're ever at a complete momentary loss - then you're using the wrong character.

i dont play any of the chars i was planning to, because i didnt like their style (BG Kotal, MoS Raiden). playing commando kano and picking up brawler cassie now.
People keep saying spec-ops Cassie is the best variation, but I've had a lot of fun playing brawler; all of the rush down options are insane!

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
People keep saying spec-ops Cassie is the best variation, but I've had a lot of fun playing brawler; all of the rush down options are insane!
then definitely play brawler if you are having more fun with it. dont bend to other peoples will and just use who you have the most fun with and who you are most comfortable with

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
@imaginarypuppets 1)if you're thinking of another character, try him/her, change is good, it refreshes your game
2)if you're bored with your main, drop him and start learning others in a relaxed state, casually at first

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I dropped Johnny Cage because he's shit.
I pocketed Mileena because she's OK, but she's a bit too predictable.
I main Sonya because I'm a tier whore.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
I haven't dropped my main (Jax) but I've been playing Shinnok and D'vorah a bunch now and kinda putting him in the pocket slot now.

MK Led

Umbasa
I like characters that do 30% damage with easy combos... Any suggestions?
Oh... And I only want a dude... No ladies for me...
If you're ok playing a character that is about 1/4 a girl, ferra/torr might be good for you, lackey gets more raw damage but the combos are arguably harder than the other variations, but if you want serious damage for minimal combo difficulty, ruthless f/t may interest you.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
I was obsessed with Noob in mk9 because he was, in my opinion, the coolest looking character on the roster. Ended up really liking the playstyle even though he sucked. As soon as I saw Kano's reveal I knew he was going to be my main if Noob didn't make the final roster. For me personally its about how the character looks first and than I just figure out their playstyle. If Quan is aesthetically your favorite character I'd say try and stick it out.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I was obsessed with Noob in mk9 because he was, in my opinion, the coolest looking character on the roster. Ended up really liking the playstyle even though he sucked. As soon as I saw Kano's reveal I knew he was going to be my main if Noob didn't make the final roster. For me personally its about how the character looks first and than I just figure out their playstyle. If Quan is aesthetically your favorite character I'd say try and stick it out.
I disagree with that; Vega is my favorite character in SF and sticking with him in that game made me hate SF4 and play MKX instead lol.
I say pick a character for what they can do and not who they are.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
I disagree with that; Vega is my favorite character in SF and sticking with him in that game made me hate SF4 and play MKX instead lol.
I say pick a character for what they can do and not who they are.
Fair enough, to each his own. I was just offering what works best for me but than again most people have a preferred playstyle. I pretty much just roll with what the characters have to offer. Except for Erron Black he looks cool as all hell but damn that dude is cheap

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I remember watching Tom Brady play Injustice and seeing all these new creative setups and how he seemed like he could turn every bad situation around with his creativity.

In MKX, he still has all these creative setups and when he gets going, he's unstoppable - but sometimes he just looks lost. I think he's fallen into the trap of picking his character through expectations. There is no doubt in my mind that he's going to win a major, but I don't think it will be with Grandmaster Sub Zero.