What's new

Ducking state in the air lowgrab setups.

I just found out the other day that apparently if you get knocked into the air while you are ducking the game still considers you to be in ducking state. This can lead to some good things for Sheeva.

1. NJP a ducking opponent into lowgrab leads up to a 47% combo (no meter)

2. 1,2,b1 to a lowgrab (no need to even dash on this one) on a ducking opponent will lead up to a 52% combo (no meter)

3. (in the corner only) a whiffed b1, 2, into a hit on 1+2 lowgrab will lead to a 50% combo

4. (in the corner only and opponent must be blocking) 2,1,2,f1 into lowgrab will lead to a 52% combo +4% chip for 56% damage (no meter)
A weird thing about this one is that some characters (like Johnny Cage) the f1 part of the combo will completely whiff for no reason. For a list of characters that the f1 whiffs on check out the BoysBoysBoys guide to Sheeva in the Sheeva forums.

Also from the BoysBoysBoys guide I learned you can punish moves like a blocked Mileena's Roll for 47% damage (no meter)

The one I am most excited about is the njp on a ducking opponent. I will try to figure out some setups for it. Do you guys have any ideas? Also do any of you know if any other special moves are considered to be in a ducking state that I could njp?

Check out my video of this below.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is awesome.

Mileena is considered ducking because the last input before roll comes out is a down. There may be a way for a mileena player to go to neutral before pressing 4 to make her roll not be in a ducking state. needs testing.

What other characters have a down input before their special comes out? Quan has one, so sheeva should be able to punish a blocked quan teleport the same way. Anyone else have a special like this?

Zebster

How's my volume?
This is awesome.

Mileena is considered ducking because the last input before roll comes out is a down. There may be a way for a mileena player to go to neutral before pressing 4 to make her roll not be in a ducking state. needs testing.

What other characters have a down input before their special comes out? Quan has one, so sheeva should be able to punish a blocked quan teleport the same way. Anyone else have a special like this?
Johnny Cage.

This is pretty cool indeed. Thanks GGA Jeremiah.

Few things I tested midscreen

* 1,2,(b+1) launcher > dash > low throw > step > b+2,1+2 x Grab & Punch does 52% (no meter) / Fireball does 47% (no meter)

Trollololol

* NJP isn't possible for bound/bounce mid combo :(

ex: 1,2,(b+1) launcher > dash > low throw > step > NJP

doesn't work because opponent will go into grounded state :(

* setting up this situation mid screen is next to impossible. But in the corner this is CAKE! TASTY and very LOVELY.

...and finally

*GGA Jeremiah is a genius haha.

I have no idea why but I swear I low grabbed Johnny cages flip kick and Sonya out her regular cartwheel. Random but might as well post it here. These things happened online.

Cage's Nut Punch and Mileena's Roll are the only special moves that end in down. I don't think I checked the 4 DLC characters though.

I have no idea why but I swear I low grabbed Johnny cages flip kick and Sonya out her regular cartwheel. Random but might as well post it here. These things happened online.

Cage's Nut Punch and Mileena's Roll are the only special moves that end in down. I don't think I checked the 4 DLC characters though.
I tested a njp on Johnny cages nut punch. It does not work :( I must test this new flip kick one. Because after Dizzy figured out a way to fully combo + frame trap my telestomp the JC/Sheeva matchup is back to 6/4 his favor.

Oh and I did my 2,1,2,f1 (hit not fuzzy guarded) low grab against Ermac midscreen a couple weeks ago against a friend. We tried recreating it but he can't remember what input he was trying to do when I got him with that grab.

^^^^ Really? =/ That is weird, especially mid screen.

Soonk: STFU! lol <3 No matter how much tech sheeva gets, she is still ass. Rush that ass, anticipate the throws (duck), look for shadows during telestomp...or knock her big ass out of the air (jk, jp, NJp, specials, armor'ed)...

...and she will never win.

Omega: Don't be scared of Sheeva. By design...Sheeva should be scared of every character in the game. :p

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
JP normal works too, you do it, chaining together with a quick down +3, and next, a low grab .... tested in Practice and connected all the time

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Now this is a good find! I love Used4Glue (I hope I got that right, sorry Used) and Jeremiah's efforts into putting time in with Sheeva. Actually, this entire community needs to click the imaginary "respect" button next to Jeremiah. I love how this guy has stuck by her side AND takes her to tourney's. (You too Digi, I know you've competed with her at majors)

This is also exciting because WHO KNOWS all the undiscovered gems that are in this game...I'd love to see a Sheeva, Baraka, Sindel, and a Sektor in top 8 at a major...anyways, I digress. Good Shit Jeremiah!!!

Flagg

Noob
This is awesome.

Hmm, I wonder if she can do this on blocked nut punch as well?