What's new

DR GROSS (Prime) Wins Versus Kombat Series #5

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
First of all, I need to repeat it here, that I love my scene above all. What turned out to be a great week for us South Floridians - 3 of us in the North American ESL Top 16 and 35 entrants at our local - the most stacked one we've ever had, seeing the entire bracket add 'Prime' to their tags for this week touched my little heart strings as it was dubbed KP Appreciation Week in my abscence. Thanks again Big D you are the best! I ALWAYS do it for the community first. Always.

Moving on!

Remember to catch us EVERY WEDNESDAY NIGHT ~9pm EST @ www.twitch.tv/vsgc

Run a side by side stream with ESL or NLBC or join us afterwards, but please share the link if you're watching, help us spread the word as Wednesday nights are obviously already stacked with great tournies. We have a very deep pool of talent, character variety, and loose personalities who love to have fun. Tune in once, and hopefully we can convince you to stay!

This week saw the return of Gross' Takeda, who plays 0 to 100 at ALL times, big upsets from Tilikum, and Wade's Kotal Kahn marching it's way all the way to 4th place in the most stacked local we've ever had. Once again we've expanded our roster of players and if you haven't come out and are intrigued, the information is here: https://www.facebook.com/VersusGamingCenter?fref=ts

On to the matches!

Full results: http://versus.challonge.com/mkx_051315/standings

1st: @gross Prime (Takeda: Shirai Ryu / Cassie Cage: Hollywood)
2nd: @Big D Prime (Ermac: Master of Souls / Jason: Slasher / Kitana: Assassin / Jax: Wrestler)
3rd: @deg222 Scorpion Prime (D'Vorah: Swarm Queen / Scorpion: Hellfire)
4th: @IIWade3II Prime (Kotal Kahn: War God)
5th: @SomeCubanGuy Prime (Kung Jin: Bojutsu, Ancestral)
5th: @cR_whiteboi Prime (Ferra/Torr: Vicious)
7th: Tilikum Prime (Kung Lao: Tempest)
7th: @MK_Chameleon Viking Prime (Ermac: Master of Souls / Scorpion: Inferno)

There were a lot of standout matches this week, too many to just pick a few, so here's the entire playlist, (IN ORDER!) so treat yourself.

ANNONCEMENT!

Next week, we are foregoing our traditional tournament for a team battle where it will be #TeamKP vs #TeamBigD (yes - the puns will be out and in full force) in a massive 15 v 15 (or more!) battle to determine who is truly the best leader at Versus Gaming Center. The salt will fly, the upsets will happen and Big D's team will lose 15-0 - lol I'm typing this thread up so HOLD THAT. With ALL of these fantastic players in attendance: KP, Big D, Gross, Noobe, Viking, Whiteboi, Deg, SomeCubanGuy, Vendetta, GrimTG, Wade, Mojito, + others, I hope to see you there!

@The BOSS
@Tim Static

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Gross made Takeda look broken. Salty Big D and Deg's obnoxious D'vorah block string were fun to watch as well.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Yeah Takeda was soo slow to be tournament viable right?

But I missed this due me hosting casuals but I will go back and watch for sure.

Like always KP good shit man.

#MayFLTakeCEO

Kitana Prime

What site are your on man? Practice hard and get good with a charactert or ask for buffs? Easy decision around here lol
lol Brady plz. :DOGE

It is true though, there's a reason us SoFlo guys don't post much here. We might get salty and complain here and there amongst ourselves, but we're all exploring our characters every day since day 1. If you're ever in the area for whatever reason, you should come through. We'd love more SZ exp firsthand.

Last edited:

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
@Kitana Prime I dont think thats what @Tom Brady meant lol. I wasnt complaining about any character. I was saying how I dont see how Takeda is that bad just because he can be punished..I'd hope he was stating how (apparently, I dont know for sure) the norm on this site is to sit in a corner and cry for buffs and throw a tantrum otherwise.

Kitana Prime

@Kitana Prime I dont think thats what @Tom Brady meant lol. I wasnt complaining about any character. I was saying how I dont see how Takeda is that bad just because he can be punished..I'd hope he was stating how (apparently, I dont know for sure) the norm on this site is to sit in a corner and cry for buffs and throw a tantrum otherwise.
I know and I was agreeing on all fronts, I hope it didn't come off any other way :(