What's new

Video/Tutorial Doomsday Punishment Guide for Deathstroke Players, by TONY-T

Vagrant

Noob
GamerBlake90

You might want to also put Corner frame traps in the thread title and/or description.

I would hate for someone to read the title who already knows how to fight doomsday, and skips over it, missing out on all the good corner stuff at the end of the video.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
GamerBlake90

You might want to also put Corner frame traps in the thread title and/or description.

I would hate for someone to read the title who already knows how to fight doomsday, and skips over it, missing out on all the good corner stuff at the end of the video.
I put "corner frame traps" in the article itself. I hope that will suffice.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Any stance will do, it just has a specific timing. Once you get the timing down, its pretty easy. Hard to do online though.
Are you interested in some other characters? Can we expect similar stuff with other characters? Great work!

Why would anyone make a guide showing tech FOR deathstroke?

The other characters are happy that they can atleast pull something off against deathstroke. Then you make guides stopping them.

Where are the Anti-Deathstroke Doomsday guide?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Love the vid TONY-T, I'll be messing around with this stuff soon, especially since DD has been giving me some trouble lately.

I have messed with F23 frame traps though. 3 is really hard to use against 6 frame reversals though, although I've gotten it to trade a few times before.

Oh and why is B22 xx Low Shots so finicky? I have so much trouble getting it out, I have to mash the input (by "mash" I mean input BD repeatedly as I hammer the 1 button). Any tips on the timing or how to do it consistently?

You can do this overhead-low mixups with 123 also, 123 being slightly faster on startup.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Love the vid TONY-T
Oh and why is B22 xx Low Shots so finicky? I have so much trouble getting it out, I have to mash the input (by "mash" I mean input BD repeatedly as I hammer the 1 button). Any tips on the timing or how to do it consistently?
have you tried it with release check on and off?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Are you interested in some other characters? Can we expect similar stuff with other characters? Great work!
Deathstroke is my main, so ill be trying to gut him of tech before i move onto others. I do want to learn other characters, but i like to know everything there is about a character before i move on. I think im getting close to the end with Deathstroke. Catwoman interests me, might try her at some point. :)

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Deathstroke is my main, so ill be trying to gut him of tech before i move onto others. I do want to learn other characters, but i like to know everything there is about a character before i move on. I think im getting close to the end with Deathstroke. Catwoman interests me, might try her at some point. :)
:rolleyes:

VizNasty

Noob
This the 4th guide about how to deal/punish doomsday. And people still going to complain about him
I'm brand new to fighting games, only really having played Killer Instinct in the past. I use DD because "ring generalship", for boxing fans, is easier for me with him than most. I have a good online record against people of a similar ability, but as I move up the ladder, DD's advantages, where they exist, pretty much evaporate.

DS is a tough matchup for DD to begin with. This video will help DS players at my level, for sure, but I wonder how necessary the anti-DD tech is at higher levels of play? Now that people have had success with DD, it seems everyone good at IGAU already knows how to beat DD.

Either way, thanks to T for contributing. People like this make entry into these games possible for noobs.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I figured it out. I gotta let go of the stick for it to come out consistently.

So TONY-T, what would you suggest us DS players do against a Doomsday with his trait up? D1 spam?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
So TONY-T, what would you suggest us DS players do against a Doomsday with his trait up? D1 spam?
if hes at full screen, you can MB QF, but even that is risky. Honestly, once he activates his trait, DS players are fucked. Best Advice is to try and stay out of his way or just block everything and be ready to break throws.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
if hes at full screen, you can MB QF, but even that is risky. Honestly, once he activates his trait, DS players are fucked. Best Advice is to try and stay out of his way or just block everything and be ready to break throws.
Guh that sounds lame.

Are MB shoulder charges punishable?