What's new

Match-up Discussion Doomsday Matchup Discussion

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
How dare you!? Alrighty let's go right now. You vs me. Frost mirror. First to red health.
We would just have to fight through the awful Jamaican Internet first. Anyways let's let the DD mains have their forum back and take this to ask.fm

E

Eldriken

Whenever my opponent chooses Doomsday, Lex, Sinestro or Frost, I can't help but smile. The former because of how challenging it is for them from a design standpoint in the MU, the former because try as they may, no one has beaten me in the Frost mirror. In fact even bosses in Dark Souls are falling left and right to the Killer Frost character I made in the game. Guess she's just OP in every game she's in. Hope they add her to Tetris.

But I still think you might just have had a series of bad games, your DD is more than capable of beating Frost IMO
Maybe my Doomsday is beating Frost, just not YOUR Frost. :p

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I hate the DD mirror more than anyone but i need to play it some before may. I know of at least one other good DD that will be at NWM and i expect him pick the mirror.
If you guys can stomach it send me an invite next time your on
dabearscq xbox and ps3

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I might be at NWM. But I stopped practicing Doomsday 2 months before SCR. It's not like you ever really forget how to play him though.

HuntR

"Getting stronger... Much stronger...."
I need to play a mirror of a worthy doomsday player. Only good doomsday I play on xbox is fullmetal88 I'd play whiteboi but our connections don't connect

He must not have much (if any) Doomsday experience then. You can't d1 after a blocked slide 'cause she can parry it or go for MB f3. I mean, that's all I really have issues against her with. But the only KF I ever struggle against is @Rickyraws. But that's due to the fact that his KF is in a league of her own.

But we can do the mirror. I used to absolutely detest them and simply leave if someone picked Doomsday, but I grew out of that. I just try and show them that my Doomsday is better than theirs. :p The only one who has really proven me otherwise in the mirror is @killanator90, but we only met once in a ranked match and it was really damn close. I haven't mirrored @SonicBoomBrad 'cause we both agreed when we play that we don't do that to one another 'cause it's really kinda pointless. :p

What time (EST for me) this weekend would be good?
When did we play online?

E

Eldriken

I hate the DD mirror more than anyone but i need to play it some before may. I know of at least one other good DD that will be at NWM and i expect him pick the mirror.
If you guys can stomach it send me an invite next time your on
dabearscq xbox and ps3
I see you online all the time. I can stomach the mirror for the most part. I kinda find them funny, really. Lots of grunting. :p

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I see you online all the time. I can stomach the mirror for the most part. I kinda find them funny, really. Lots of grunting. :p
Its almost always the first DD to knock someone down wins lol. Im fucking terrible in the mirror though just to warn you, but thats why im working on it.

HuntR

"Getting stronger... Much stronger...."
I find the DD mirror to be very silly, just two monsters going in.
True lol but there's a way to win just about 70% of the time. You can't win all of them that's a guarantee and if you don't win one against another good DD then ........ :/ (your ass)

SonicBoomBrad

Does anyone know the DD grundy MU?
It's a weird match up. Basically your goal is to get Grundy to the corner as fast as possible and keep him there. When he does a WC you have two options. The first is 33, which is easy to time but also very easy to blow up if Grundy decides to cancel WC and punish the second 3 on start up. While this is difficult for Grundy to actually punish, he's only risking an extra like 7% for a potential 40-60% combo. So keep that in mind. The second option is timing an ES as his hands start to come together so you're throw immune right when the grab starts up. This is a lot harder to time but much less risky if you master it because he can cancel the WC but his only option is to block it afterward. When Grundy hits you with a 112 your best options are to MB B3 or backdash. Both options are readable but it's a risk you'll have to take in this match up. Venom is good but not really amazing because he can grab you out of the start up with WC. Use it for pressure but be aware he can WC at any time to blow you up so you have to be ready for that. As for the neutral game, he has to come to you. So sit there and blow up his slow ass forward dash with d1 ES/Venom on reaction. If the Grundy is jumping, he's a terrible Grundy player, but AA him anyway to let him know he shouldn't be jumping against DD. When you do finally get him into the corner you can keep him there easily with venoms and wake up reversals. He won't be able to jump out, so if he tries you can just d2 his super slow jump to keep him in the corner. Raw ES is also really good against Grundy because he doesn't really have any options to deal with it in the corner, and if he tries to random ass b3 his way out you'll blow that up with raw ES free. It basically comes down to who makes more correct reads if you both know the match up though. So stay on your toes and you'll be fine.

That's pretty much it for the match up. I'm pretty sure I covered everything but feel free to ask. I've played this with Tyrant more than like any match up in the game. So I know it pretty well.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
i want to start playing dd because he does well against mmh and zod and a few other good characters but doesnt he get demolished by batman and aquaman?

SonicBoomBrad

i want to start playing dd because he does well against mmh and zod and a few other good characters but doesnt he get demolished by batman and aquaman?
He gets destroyed by Zod and he might lose to MMH. You have to outplay the Martian significantly because of his damage + free intractable. He get's 6-4d by Batman and Aquaman. If your alternative is Ares though, I guess it wouldn't hurt. He's much better than Ares.