What's new

Question Does the online feel worse after Patch 3-29-16 to anyone else ?

leoj89

Noob
Does the online feel worse after Patch 3-29-16 to anyone else ?

I'm on psn and there's been a ton of lag lately for me.
Buttons aren't registering even during the character intros and stuff.
Just wanted to know if others were having similar issues as well. Thanks.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
I had one match that felt worse than anything the old netcode ever did. The problem is although it was a 2fps Microsoft power point presentation it never lagged out. It made us finish 3 rounds worth of laggy Kombat. A Spectral Ermac Vs a Jax in sloooow motion. Outside of that nothing that jumps out at me other than I swear I try to skip character intro and it keeps going.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The button lock happened a couple times on me, but otherwise, netcode's been fine for me.

I've been disconnecting a lot more lately on PSN, just randomly seems to disconnect without any warning or lag beforehand. I also sorta experienced the button lock thing, but I chalked it up to me not being used to the pad, but now that I think about it, it sorta makes sense.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Now that I think about it, a lot of my inputs don't seem to come out but I chalked that up to user error, didn't even think of the netcode.

One weird thing that has been happening to me recently is while playing king of the hill, sometimes it will lag and then everyone will disconnect and I'll be the only person in the room left.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Has been good for me so far.

It's possible that not as many people have the patch yet, so the matchmaking was drawing from a smaller pool of choices to match you with.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
I've only noticed the issue of not being able to skip intros. But not all of it. Have to wait slightly longer but can skip it after 1-2 seconds.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I can't play unless it's really early or really late. I turned everything in my place connected to the internet off and still issues. I was gonna call my isp but everyone seems to have problems. I've probably rage quit 50 times this week cuz my character has a mind of its own. Sorry if it was one of yall.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Yes, definitely feels worse. Before patch it was rare to find laggy matches. Now there are much more, even with people with decent ping.

zaf

professor
Actually felt inputs being dropped yesterday.

Cancelling into a special off a poke and the special did not come out.... happened a lot ... weird....

This was in a 60ms connection match... Which also felt like it had spikes at times, but was always in the 60's....

D

Deleted member 9158

I had a couple of really laggy opponents the other night actually come to think of it. But I think it might have been wifi users

JUHANO88

Noob
Does the online feel worse after Patch 3-29-16 to anyone else ?

I'm on psn and there's been a ton of lag lately for me.
Buttons aren't registering even during the character intros and stuff.
Just wanted to know if others were having similar issues as well. Thanks.
Me too the game is laggier before the patch was fine but after it :-/ .and the biggest problem is the game sometimes do not react to my buton inpupst....for example i press with Sub : 1,2,3,db2....and the character just performs 1,2, and quits....and there have been some unexpected dissconectionss but that happen in almost every game time from....but the buttons need to be fixed!!!!