What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Does Predator Invalidate Sub-Zero?

Does Predator Invalidate Sub-Zero

• No

Votes: 58 38.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 47 31.1%
  • Too early too tell

Votes: 46 30.5%

• Total voters
Were any of you alive during Tanyas reign of cheapdom which ended in a few weeks? NRS has grown up from the days of Kabal, MMH and Zod, this character will be fixed once everyone is done buying him and everyone will abandon him for tremor, who will meet the same fate.

I also foresee SZ buffs, but since GM is the best variation still they should be bestowed to the other two variations

Ryncage

Noob
Sure, but even after nerfs his kit is still going to be very powerful for 2 of his variations.

To kill his viability outright needs something along the lines of 15-20% damage reduction on all his hard hitting strings, a bf4 nerf, trap vanish on block, and d4 startup increase.

But all his moves work so unless they break that too ill still play him over sz.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I haven't read through the thread but I would say I highly dpubt he does. I also haven't been able to play predator yet qnd probably wont until after evo so everything I say could be bullshit so take it as you will.

There have been trap characters before and none of them cause the same footsies problems Sub does. Clone just makes footsies not matter for the opponent because they can't play footsies until it's gone. Another part of it is just how versatile clone is this time around, it stops a projectile, it freezes, it extends combos, it enhances shatter, it is it's own projectile and just like always it very much dictates the pace of the match.

Take Reptile for example he has some really good footsies normals this time around but once clone is out he really can't do much.
-Didn't read the thread before posting
-Hasn't played Predator
-Forgot about Reptile's zoning

3 strikes, yer' out :p

rza

Noob
the important word there is "ex". he needs meter for his 50/50. and don't act like sub doesn't get 47-49 in the corner of his 50/50. and it's definatey easier to get out of the corner against predator, for now [insert predator laugh]
GM subs needs EX to combo off his low starter against males midscreen as well. what is this 47% sub combo that I haven't seen, unless you are talking about shatter combos ?

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
-Didn't read the thread before posting
-Hasn't played Predator
-Forgot about Reptile's zoning

3 strikes, yer' out :p
Have you tried that zoning battle with reptile you're just going to get frozen or slid in on all day.

But you're right i don't know anything about predator so probably shouldn't have posted.

...block is predator/tremors worst nightmare. Learn how to punish their super unsafe combos and send them back to pre dlc usage statistics.