What's new

Does He/She Need It?

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Sindel needs to become playable.
Dragon Fangs Goro needs bleed damage over time.
Meh, I kind of feel that increased chip would be a better fit. I do not understand how he doesn't have that already. The Fangs just scream "chip."

That said, I'm really not opposed to any Goro buffs. I say make his D2 9 frames in all variations, as well.

Espio

Kokomo
Meh, I kind of feel that increased chip would be a better fit. I do not understand how he doesn't have that already. The Fangs just scream "chip."

That said, I'm really not opposed to any Goro buffs. I say make his D2 9 frames in all variations, as well.
Well, I mean technically Dragon Fangs does have increased chip damage since fang spin does more chip than punchwalk, he has an additional plus on block string that does good chip and all his combos do more damage with his variation specific command grab and fang spin. He also has a plus 12 on block special that allows him to sustain offense for more chip.

I was originally going to say poison damage due to the lore/history, but I thought someone wouldn't get it and claim it was copying D'Vorah when Goro is the OG person with poisonous blades. A lot of variations would feel a lot more inspired if they looked back at past lore to make them.

Reptile Noxious gas should not kill you. Drain to 1-5% at best.
Same goes for any other damage over time move.
This post reminds me of that tournament match (forgot exactly which one) where a Kobu Jutsu Tanya was brought down to 5% health or something, and the Noxious Reptile had about 1/3 of a lifebar, and the Tanya player ended up winning through relentless chip damage - the poison damage didn't even come close to saving them.

As for who needs what, Sonya definitely needs her dive kick, especially in Covert Ops, because without it her approach options would be pretty limited, and she can't zone to save her life (well, maybe in Special Forces...)

And as frustrating as it is, Mileena critically needs EX Roll, because frankly, if you're going to have moves that unsafe, having some sort of overhead threat is pretty important...

kung lao's jump in 2,he really needs it,but they have to buff it a bit,maybe they should give full screen range free jump ins cause now it only reaches 99% of the screen.

edit: ofc quan chi needs a 6 frame poke and a 5 frame njp,but maybe they should make his d1 3 frames,+5 on block,+100 on hit with some invincibility frames.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
This post reminds me of that tournament match (forgot exactly which one) where a Kobu Jutsu Tanya was brought down to 5% health or something, and the Noxious Reptile had about 1/3 of a lifebar, and the Tanya player ended up winning through relentless chip damage - the poison damage didn't even come close to saving them.

As for who needs what, Sonya definitely needs her dive kick, especially in Covert Ops, because without it her approach options would be pretty limited, and she can't zone to save her life (well, maybe in Special Forces...)

And as frustrating as it is, Mileena critically needs EX Roll, because frankly, if you're going to have moves that unsafe, having some sort of overhead threat is pretty important...
I think the match you're referring to is Milky Situation vs MIT at EVO top 8.