What's new

General/Other Does Grundy Make You Want to Rage Quit?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I have a love/hate relationship with Grundy. The games been out for almost a month now, and people are getting better with him. I can see why people would want to RQ, but me personally I take every win & lose as a learning experience. Don't let RQ get you down. Just report there account when they quit on you. That's about the only thing you can do.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Indeed, I play Raven so I would like to know lol.
Because people not blocking Soul Crush, jumping and dashing around like idiots is Raven's 'iwin' button. Oh, you whiffed a move? Soul Crush at 1/2 screen "FUCK I WAS BLOCKING MY WIFFED MOVE THATS STILL IN ACTIVE FRAMES"[/quote]

Haha sorry I'm exaggerating in my entire post. I main Raven as well. I just didn't think it was fair to call out every other character on their derp when I know how aggravating it must be at 3/4 screen away against Raven without an armored advancing special.

Keep up the fine Raven fight , she is not easy to play

Nerubian

Noob
Haha sorry I'm exaggerating in my entire post. I main Raven as well. I just didn't think it was fair to call out every other character on their derp when I know how aggravating it must be at 3/4 screen away against Raven without an armored advancing special.

Keep up the fine Raven fight , she is not easy to play
I obviously missed the sarcasm in your post then >_<

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I love the random people who pop in "I play ranked Grundy's and they lose to me 100000% of the time and I only played it the one time so he's free"

come face me. I DARE you. Face Augustus.... i DOUBLE DOG DARE you.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I love the random people who pop in "I play ranked Grundy's and they lose to me 100000% of the time and I only played it the one time so he's free"

come face me. I DARE you. Face Augustus.... i DOUBLE DOG DARE you.
I never rage about grundy. Nope never happened ever.

Love Grundy.

Buff the 3 hit no meter advancing cancellable armor move which leads into a 33/33/33. Getting armor trait throwed makes me smile and hug kittens. Every character should do like 80% off an AA too, not to mention his inescapable reset makes the character truly unique. Playing in such a unique matchup where footsies do not factor in makes the match fun and very unique.

Quite frankly, I think grundy needs buffs. The guy obviously should make me want to hug more kittens.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I never rage about grundy. Nope never happened ever.

Love Grundy.

Buff the 3 hit no meter advancing cancellable armor move which leads into a 33/33/33. Getting armor trait throwed makes me smile and hug kittens. Every character should do like 80% off an AA too, not to mention his inescapable reset makes the character truly unique. Playing in such a unique matchup where footsies do not factor in makes the match fun and very unique.

Quite frankly, I think grundy needs buffs. The guy obviously should make me want to hug more kittens.
GRUNDY HUG YOU.

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
Grundy however has an additional problem. If he grapples you are doomed to watch 10 or more seconds without any chance to do anything about it. In a fast and reaction based fighting game this is just very bad design and severely breaks the flow of the experience. If he grapples you two times in a row you are just sitting there for nearly half a minute doing nothing and that just isn't fun. It's boring and frustrating. People are also used to block to avoid attacks and Grundy obviously exploits this. For some players this will seem as though they have no chance to do anything about it. The armored corpse walk further enforces this feeling of helplessness. As an opponent if you don't know the match-up and are not familiar with Grundy then he seems like the cheapest (on par with DeathStroke) character in the game and people don't want to put up with that.
You are right to say this frustrates people, but people getting frustrated does not dictate that the cause of frustration is a design flaw. By that logic then this also cuts another way: the heavy zoning in this game is a “design flaw” because it will frustrate many players of characters who have a hard time dealing with zoning.

I think Grundy’s lengthy damage-dealing sequences are totally justified and well-designed: he is supposed to make it look like his blows REALLY FUCKING HURT. If you don’t want to suffer the lengthy damage sequences then don’t let him start them, because god knows Grundy players will see enough matches where they don’t get to deal much damage at all.

Edit: ugh this site's formatting system.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Shazam does NOT body Grundy. Absolutely not!

oh and OP: I make people quit on the sole fact that I AA them EVERY SINGLE TIME. Keep jumping randoms!
He really does, I body 95% of good grundies that come my way.
Some aren't "Bodied" I guess but I don't loos many Grundy/Shazam MU's.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
He really does, I body 95% of good grundies that come my way.
Some aren't "Bodied" I guess but I don't loos many Grundy/Shazam MU's.
I know Grundy does not "loos" to Shazam at all. His wakeups are too good, and Grundy's damage overpowers Shazam. Shazam also can not jump at Grundy, he also can't do his psycho crusher or teleport. If you miss a command grab its a full combo punish/free grab.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I know Grundy does not "loos" to Shazam at all. His wakeups are too good, and Grundy's damage overpowers Shazam. Shazam also can not jump at Grundy, he also can't do his psycho crusher or teleport. If you miss a command grab its a full combo punish/free grab.
Well I don't miss CG's & grundies Armoured grab can be repelled by B23 for some reason it makes it whiff, you're left negative however but not that badly negative to escape.

You don't need to jump in on grundy you just to hard knockdowns on him and pressure him out.

Why yes, playing as Grundy DOES make me want to rage quit. Getting in on all the most popular characters is an absolute nightmare and an exercise in frustration and futility, especially when one mistake leads to a full bar of damage but it doesn't matter because they won't make the mistake again.

Oh, wait, you guys are talking about playing AGAINST Grundy?

i want to rage quit AS grundy when the other player picks DS, DD or Superman after losing the first match. let the bullets, heat vision and body smashes fly. i am just going to take a nap.

i want to punch a puppy in the face when they win said 2nd match with uber lameness than quit. at least give me a rematch like i did for you. good thing i dont own a puppy.

i want to rage quit AS grundy when the other player picks DS, DD or Superman after losing the first match. let the bullets, heat vision and body smashes fly. i am just going to take a nap.

i want to punch a puppy in the face when they win said 2nd match with uber lameness than quit. at least give me a rematch like i did for you. good thing i dont own a puppy.

Only have trouble against DS if lag is more than 3 frames and I can't punish sword flips. DD I really only have trouble against if i try to get stupid on him. Look for supernova dash forward and do 50% he'll never do it again. Superman I love when they zone makes it easy to get in WCC d2.

dash forward under supernova online = near impossible. and i love when you negate supes zoning and he starts air dash in, aa throw his arse, lol.

FigJ

Noob
I don't believe that either, but thats what everyone assumes.
I haven't seen any grundy players win tournament, but the game is only out for a month. I might be wrong but i just think its absurd to drop your main already after a month, because a tierlist says hes bad or some ppl on the internet think hes not viable.
I agree. I don't care to take the time anymore at my age to learn multiple characters, I've stuck with Grundy since the beginning and I'm ranked 28th right now. I still need to improve on a few things, especially my WCC to overcome Green Lantern zoners but I think I'm doing pretty good and have a gotten a decent number of compliments from people I've beaten. He's just too much fun to swap for another character.

Grundy doesn't have any advantage vs ares, and surely he isn't low.

Who are the top players who main only grundy and did well in tournaments?
I usually don't have a problem with Ares. I tend to wait for him to do his teleport then instantly do a MB Trait Grab. Grundy instantly turns around on his own and grabs him.