What's new

Question Does Ex Iceball scale better?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I do not know this and the answer may be a quick yes or no but I had always thought it did not. Its a bit confusing for me.

I was working on some new bnb's in the dojo and did the following combo.

212, iceball, back 1, 2 (so back 1 misses), 222 for 28% damage.

I did the exact same one except with ex iceball and it did 30% damage.

I then did another combo to test this.

Jip, back 1,2 iceball, jip, 214, slide for 36%

I did it with ex iceball and it did 36% still.

Then I thought: Hmm, maybe it is to do with air stuff. I tried neutral jump punch, iceball and uppercut for 14% and then replaced it with ex iceball for 15%.

Is this intended? Am I just finding out what everyone else knew? Im really confused here.

Edit: Did further testing: It seems that scaling is really weird with ex freeze. I did a freeze, uppercut for 10% then ex freeze uppercut for 10%. Then anti air freeze uppercut for 10% and ex anti air freeze uppercut for 12%. WHY?

Tom Brady did a video about this, you can search and find it on these forums. Essentially he's also noting that there's no real rhyme or reason to this quirky scaling.

nyght87

Noob
Yeah i noticed some oddness with the scaling as well, for example If you have a frozen (regular or EX ice ball make no difference here) opponent (standing on the ground) and you do the combo: NJp, b12, 212, slide it does 24% but if you do the same combo to a frozen (regular ice ball) and airborne opponent it does 26% and again if you do the same combo to a frozen (EX ice ball) and airborne opponent it does 31% lol

Note: if you do this combo to an opponent that is not frozen it does the same % damage no matter if airborne or not but strangely enough it only does 29% where the EX ice ball frozen and airborne opponent got 31% so the EX ice ball makes the combo do more damage :confused:

So it seem when it comes to the ice ball the game doesn't know what to do lol

EX Ice does reduce scaling, but only on airbourne opponents. If you do 2,1,4 xx Freeze in the corner, then follow up with 4, 2,2,4 xx Slide, it does 38% If you do it with EX Freeze it's 42%

im thinking because the exfreeze is intended to be an anti-air so when you combo it when they jump into it scales less since its used 'correctly'

nyght87

Noob
im thinking because the exfreeze is intended to be an anti-air so when you combo it when they jump into it scales less since its used 'correctly'
That's what i was thinking but it is still a little funky, if hadn't already seen my post, it makes some combos do MORE damage (without the EX ice ball doing any damage obviously) than they would if you don't even have the opponent frozen at all lol