What's new

Question Does anyone still main the Bat?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I don't play Raven as much as I used to for some reason. But she is still my third most used character :) I use her for certain matchups for sure, and I feel like not that many people use her so not that many know how to fight against her
Hey, we need to rematch our Bats, some time! I'm not as shitty as I used to be haha

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm just getting a real good feel for Batman. It's taken me a bit because of all the ways you can combo with him. Once it started to flow instinctually I knew Bruce was clicking for me.

So glad you posted this forum. I switched from Flash to batman about a month ago and haven't looked back...pending how much of a change this d2 nerf ordeal will affect him. I actually have a question for you (everyone). If batman is SOOO good, and if everyone is labeling him as up there with Black Adam, Superman ect...why isn't he winning tournaments? Batman is an awesome character. I'd never ask for a buff, but Tom Brady actually said at CEO that batman is the BEST character in the game....uh...what? If someone knows something I don't, please explain. I just don't see any proof to this, what with almost every tournament ending with a Superman or Black Adam on top. Maybe I'm just missing these streams....but I doubt it.

What do you mean by powerful? lol Batman's top 5...8 at least
As I just posted....tourneys aren't ending with Wayne on top. They're ending with Superman and Black Adam on top. Top 8 for sure, top 5...ok perhaps between the 4th and 5th place...but there are certainly better characters with better matchup percentages. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I don't care....I mean...."Why do we fall?" But people saying batman is the best? Just get out.

FinalBoss_FGC

As I just posted....tourneys aren't ending with Wayne on top. They're ending with Superman and Black Adam on top. Top 8 for sure, top 5...ok perhaps between the 4th and 5th place...but there are certainly better characters with better matchup percentages. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I don't care....I mean...."Why do we fall?" But people saying batman is the best? Just get out.
If I'm correct, I'm pretty sure REO beat Tom Brady with Batman at Civil War V...the game had just came out tho. Batman is def top 5 now that Scorpion got nerfed but Superman is best in game cuz that retarded f23 and I feel his lasers make him hard to get in on. Tourney wins don't calculate how good a character is. Nobody has won a major with Black Adam and he's def the 2nd best character on the game. It's only a matter of time. Who knows, you could be the one to change that! :)

If I'm correct, I'm pretty sure REO beat Tom Brady with Batman at Civil War V...the game had just came out tho. Batman is def top 5 now that Scorpion got nerfed but Superman is best in game cuz that retarded f23 and I feel his lasers make him hard to get in on. Tourney wins don't calculate how good a character is. Nobody has won a major with Black Adam and he's def the 2nd best character on the game. It's only a matter of time. Who knows, you could be the one to change that! :)
You are correct on REO over Tom Brady at Civil war V. Forgot about that one lol. You're also correct on the game being very new at that point, may have even been one of the very first tourneys. Perhaps your right on tourneys not dictating what makes a good character. To me, the results are simply the first piece of evidence for character quality (not to be confused with the ONLY piece of evidence as you have intelligently pointed out), and while there have been some good batman players, I still find top placings to be overwhelmingly in other characters favors. But like you said, time will tell. Really wish online didn't suck so I didn't have to limit my competitive play time to NJ tourneys and local friendly gatherings.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Batman is one of the best characters. The reason he seems underwhelming compared to Superman and BA is because he doesn't have one or two tools that seem dominant. Adam with his low lightning and dive kick make him hard to catch for damage. And Superman with his lasers and amazing string make him very strong.

Batman doesn't have that one tool. Grapple gun? Easy to punish. Batarangs? Slow to get out. Strings? Short reach. Batman needs all his tools and to use them at the right time in the match. What helps this is his trait. The bats are the best trait in the game, IMO. He can use them to get insane pressure for his short reaching normals and the holes in the strings. They also cover up his projectile game.

In short, Batman is an awesome character if used correctly. It takes time to become the bat.

FinalBoss_FGC

You are correct on REO over Tom Brady at Civil war V. Forgot about that one lol. You're also correct on the game being very new at that point, may have even been one of the very first tourneys. Perhaps your right on tourneys not dictating what makes a good character. To me, the results are simply the first piece of evidence for character quality (not to be confused with the ONLY piece of evidence as you have intelligently pointed out), and while there have been some good batman players, I still find top placings to be overwhelmingly in other characters favors. But like you said, time will tell. Really wish online didn't suck so I didn't have to limit my competitive play time to NJ tourneys and local friendly gatherings.

I know that Next Level tourney is around that area...@DarthArma goes there and does great with his Batman...maybe you can go and ask him for pointers. And as AA25Mamba pointed out, Batman is an incredibly well-rounded character that doesn't dominate one aspect of the game...whereas Superman or Black Adam does great for pressure (Supes) and whiff punishing (BA) and still can win in zoning situations, I feel they are easier to use. Not taking anything away from KDZ, Smarrgasm and those folks who put serious time in characters.

Batman is one of the best characters. The reason he seems underwhelming compared to Superman and BA is because he doesn't have one or two tools that seem dominant. Adam with his low lightning and dive kick make him hard to catch for damage. And Superman with his lasers and amazing string make him very strong.

Batman doesn't have that one tool. Grapple gun? Easy to punish. Batarangs? Slow to get out. Strings? Short reach. Batman needs all his tools and to use them at the right time in the match. What helps this is his trait. The bats are the best trait in the game, IMO. He can use them to get insane pressure for his short reaching normals and the holes in the strings. They also cover up his projectile game.

In short, Batman is an awesome character if used correctly. It takes time to become the bat.
Agreed. As I stated. Not in a million years would I ask for buffs for batman. He's an awesome character, but above all he's fun! I mean, seriously. His tools are sooo situational, but when you figure out how to utilize those tools, it feels like you're really playing Batman...if that makes sense. With this character, I can say job well done to NRS...and that's why I play him.

FinalBoss_FGC

Agreed. As I stated. Not in a million years would I ask for buffs for batman. He's an awesome character, but above all he's fun! I mean, seriously. His tools are sooo situational, but when you figure out how to utilize those tools, it feels like you're really playing Batman...if that makes sense. With this character, I can say job well done to NRS...and that's why I play him.
Well, I want something to be a reliable wakeup...slide is alright but he takes like 3 steps before he slides. And the startup frames for batarangs shorter for better zoning...other than that, no

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I know exactly what you mean. When you figure it out with him it just clicks.

i actually just switched to batman as my main after dabbling with aquaman, superman, green lantern, and black adam since release. im enjoying batman a lot and i have improved a ton over the last two day. i just really wish this forum had a good guide. but i think the most fun i have had in a while with this game is using batman. probably will be my main for the rest of the game unless a dlc character peaks my interest other than zod i love zod but i can see the nerfs comming, dude has time to do his taxes his trait grab lasts so long lol.