What's new

Dodging Superman's Heat Vision?

Solo

Shadow Priest
I saw this happening online to me, but weird:

Only the Goddamn Batman can do this. -_- j/k Haven't tried anyone else.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Yup, backdashing works. The grounded Heat Vision acts much like your standard fireball. If you have a feeling Superman will fire one off, jump forward and punish his mountain of recovery frames with a combo. You can safely neutral jump to avoid it full screen and maintain positioning.

The Air Heat Vision has a very deceptive hitbox; it's actually much worse than it appears. Superman is completely vulnerable from the moment he shoots it mid-air to the moment his feet hit the ground (and a few frames afterwards too). Aside from blocking and dashing forward or straight up punishing him as he falls, you can also jump it with relative ease. As the Air Heat Vision sweeps upwards, the beam hitbox completely deteriorates WHILE its still onscreen, so it will visibly pass through the legs and torso of your opponent.

In other words, in many cases it LOOKS like it will hit but it actually won't. If you test it out you'll see what I mean. Rule of thumb for the air version is, jump it at full screen, block it and dash in / punish at close range. GG Heat Vision.