What's new

Do you want interactables in MKX?

yay or nay?

• Total voters

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
It's a very straight forward question. Do you want interactables in MKX? If so, why? If not, why?

Personally, I do not want interactables or melee weapons in the series. I feel like MK4 made a turn for the worst and I thought they would have abandoned that ship. Call me plain, but I like my fighting games to be meat and potatoes. I also feel like that should be a mechanic featured in the Injustice series to have another mechanic to separate itself from other fighting games.

Last edited:

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
A good fighting game should not have to rely on gimmicks so hopefully not.

Whatever if it does though

A good fighting game should not have to rely on gimmicks so hopefully not.

Whatever if it does though
interactables aren't a gimmick, they are an added feature that can spice up the matchups and add more variables and setups.

So long as they aren't on the same level of injustice they could be a very interesting mechanic which incorporates more strategy, if executed properly.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
like injustice no, but doesnt look that bad, here we have a block buttom and other stuff,
I sincerely hope there isn't a block button. I remember the transition from MK2 to MK3 was significantly different at the time because of the run button. NRS has established a healthy fan base with MK9. I really hope they don't abandon that crowd by adding a bunch of gimmicky effects. There is already people speculating the return of the run button :/

Last edited:

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
People just dont like change and woukd rather cling to nostalgia. Cant wait to see whats up at E3. I think interactables will turn out fine.
I for one hope you are correct, sir. They need the perfect mix of the new and old so they don't abandon their new fan base I believe. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I sincerely hope there is a block button. I remember the transition from MK2 to MK3 was significantly different at the time because of the run button. NRS has established a healthy fan base with MK9. I really hope they don't abandon that crowd by adding a bunch of gimmicky effects. There is already people speculating the return of the run button :/
run buttom lol that is impossible, deja vu, remember the mortal kombat 9 cgi trailer, and every1 was talking about run buttom remember that? about shao kahn and raiden match

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
interactables aren't a gimmick, they are an added feature that can spice up the matchups and add more variables and setups.

So long as they aren't on the same level of injustice they could be a very interesting mechanic which incorporates more strategy, if executed properly.
I call them gimmicks because I simply don't like it lol. Call me old, but I prefer fighting games to be your character versus another character with nothing else weighing in. Learning matchups and pure footsies between two players is the best. I'm not a fan of lingering by a interactable or having to run full screen because it causes ridiculous damage.

I think there's room for interactibles in the game....but definitely not how they're implemented in Injustice (though I like them in injustice most of the time). In the trailer we just saw it looked like interactibles might take the form of weapons on the battlefield that can be picked up and used for a certain amount of time (maybe as a damage boost?) and some larger ones that could function as combo extenders.

I think that could work for MK.

SZSR

Noob
I thought that was an Injustice exclusive thing? I wouldn't mind the weapon pickups like in the 3D MKs though.