What's new

Do you Regret Buying Premium Edition/Kombat Pack? Do You Think That People will Still Care by the Time Final 2 Characters are Released?

I never buy the Kombat Packs. And I always play MK through until the release of the next one. So yes, I will still be interested and playing this game a year from now. When Sindel comes out I'll buy her separately. I'm not the sort to pay for the Kombat Packs just for the sake of it

I don't think steamstats and MKX are a good comparison. MKX was a nightmare on PC, word spread fast that people should avoid buying it. It isn't a matter of who enjoyed what more, MKX flat out didn't work and didn't even get proper dlc support until KP2
but that really has nothing to do with the point i made of relative playerbase drop. your reasoning would explain a LOW initial number or low all-time PEAK PLAYER number, but that's not what we had. bad word of mouth from MKX does not explain why everyone who bought MK11 stopped playing it much faster. the point was that MK11 had double the starting player base MKX did, so what you're saying here doesn't even make sense.

Yeah I kinda do. I'm trying really, really hard to love this game but it feels soooo bland. I really feel like the variation system has gimped MK because it makes characters wayyy to simplistic and takes away from a players ability to be unique with a character. And combine that with a rock paper scissors wake up game and yeah, his game just feels lacking. I can't even finish watching most tournaments because I get bored. Playing Doomsday in Injustice 1, as simple as he was, was way more fun than any character i've tried in mk11 so far. If that makes sense?

I don't know what this game needs to be honest. Maybe this is the booze talking but right now I'm of the mind that maybe allowing ALL moves to be equipped at once and just opening the flood gates of character game plans/potential would increase the longevity of this game ten fold. Much longer and more enjoyably than drip feeding krypt content. Learning MU's would take months. Tournament players would suffer and maybe the game would become a yolo fest of bullshit, but at least it wouldn't be bland.

Anyway this is just me venting about the game I guess. I really hope this game goes the way of rainbowsix siege where they continue to support it and it gets better and better (from what I hear at least, i don't play). Because at the end of the day I will always love MK.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
I kinda regret buying it.

1 new char every month would be ok, not every 2 months. That´s not longtime support. Long time support comes after all DLC stuff is added imo.

The lack of communication is bothering me the most. Why do we have to learn about release dates by leaks and not from NRS themselves? Even now that Nintendo leaked the Nightwolf release date there is no comment from NRS.

Why? I just don´t understand why they are not talking to us

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, its apparent that NRS basically copied strategies from different devs to make MK11 stand out. Its unfortunate they're going the route of DLC every 2 months but you know which game did that and is not just wildly successful but popular? Tekken 7. That game on release had issues on issues. From one of the worst online that took A FULL YEAR to finally fix, to having a DLC character release more than 2 months from each other, to having very little content.

But the major difference between the two games is their in depth movelist for each character. This is why the game is feeling so damn stale right now because you can only do so much with the bland tournament variations currently. So to answer your question, I do not regret pre-ordering the Kombat Pack because NOW I know NOT to pre order any future NRS titles or DLC without having more knowledge of how the company plans on pushing this game. Speak with your wallets. And thats what Im doing from now on. Lesson learned.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Apparently, its apparent that NRS basically copied strategies from different devs to make MK11 stand out. Its unfortunate they're going the route of DLC every 2 months but you know which game did that and is not just wildly successful but popular? Tekken 7. That game on release had issues on issues. From one of the worst online that took A FULL YEAR to finally fix, to having a DLC character release more than 2 months from each other, to having very little content.

But the major difference between the two games is their in depth movelist for each character. This is why the game is feeling so damn stale right now because you can only do so much with the bland tournament variations currently. So to answer your question, I do not regret pre-ordering the Kombat Pack because NOW I know NOT to pre order any future NRS titles or DLC without having more knowledge of how the company plans on pushing this game. Speak with your wallets. And thats what Im doing from now on. Lesson learned.
I do no think tekken had bad online besides the lack of rematch and single player content is padding for casuals which does not apply to competitive scene. I do hate the drip feed DLC practice though as I really do not think characters bring hard core players back which is why I think they bank so hard on shitty season passes.

Afumba

Noob
I dont regret it but its sad that they chose such a slow pace to release content cuz this means there is no way we are getting a full second KP for MK11, let alone a third or more.

Releasing KP2 more than a year after launch while KP1 took a year to fully release is not something that will sell anywhere near as good as it need to.

Two months content gap is just too long.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
What stuns me is that some of the people in this thread criticizing NRS for releasing a character every 2 months are the same people who criticized NRS in the thread about crunch time and overworking their employees. That’s major hypocrisy, and I’m not sure they even realize it.

I am not cause EFFIN Spawn and Nightwolf, but i hate the radio silence about balance and fixes because this

But the major difference between the two games is their in depth movelist for each character. This is why the game is feeling so damn stale right now because you can only do so much with the bland tournament variations currently.
It's a just a FACT. Characters feels shallow.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I do no think tekken had bad online besides the lack of rematch and single player content is padding for casuals which does not apply to competitive scene. I do hate the drip feed DLC practice though as I really do not think characters bring hard core players back which is why I think they bank so hard on shitty season passes.
Dog, their online was BAD! It made me stop playing the game for a while because of it. And many people complained on how garbage it was as well. its still not the best, but its way better than before thats for damn sure. PS4 btw.

I am not cause EFFIN Spawn and Nightwolf, but i hate the radio silence about balance and fixes because this

It's a just a FACT. Characters feels shallow.
I hope after MK11 its time to eliminate variations and just make characters FULL! We need a bigger movelist for each character. THAT will create longevity of the game instead of dragging out content after 2 months because it takes longer to learn each character and MUs.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Dog, their online was BAD! It made me stop playing the game for a while because of it. And many people complained on how garbage it was as well. its still not the best, but its way better than before thats for damn sure. PS4 btw.

I hope after MK11 its time to eliminate variations and just make characters FULL! We need a bigger movelist for each character. THAT will create longevity of the game instead of dragging out content after 2 months because it takes longer to learn each character and MUs.
PC it was fine and the actual netcode never really improved drastically I played thousands of games from day 1 it was fine. People did bitch about loading times and lack of direct rematch from what I remember. It was a input lag based netcode and it is ass compared to GGPO\rollback for input based though it was not that bad.

edit: To sum it up there is no winner in input lag based netcode so it is terrible by default.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, this idea is fine .... variations seems that a "good intentions" idea, but, not well applied on both games (MKX and MK11), and so, letting that poor sour taste in our mouths ..... I'm with making characters fully completed with huge move lists ....

Tekken and SF are not playing with fire using the variation system, and they are doing just fine, so, it's time to MK come back to its source original material, and release MK12 without variations

I pre-ordered the Premium Edition of the game, PC, in the hopes that Mileena would be one of the Kombat Pack characters since I didn't expect her in the main roster. I also always end up getting the Kombat Packs anyway, usually just several months after launch and on a sale.

A week or so later Kitana was properly revealed and as soon as I saw Halfblood Stance, I knew Mileena would not be in the Kombat Pack.

So for me, I took a gamble and lost, and that's all on me. So I'm disappointed in that sense, but it just reaffirms my previous mentality of not buying unknown items in advance. The characters coming to the Kombat Pack, once found out, are ones I have no interest in personally either, though at the Klassic skins are nice.

Even if Mileena were in though, or another character I wanted, I don't have an issue with the "lack of communication" and speculated release schedule.

I advance paid for the characters and content and I know they'll deliver, I don't need it all now. Extra communication would be nice, but they're in no way, shape, or form required to do so.

Not true at all. I don't remember ppl being unhappy and complaining about MKX and Injustice 2 marketing, communication and release schedule.
I can't speak for Injustive 2, but for Mortal Kombat X, you're technically correct.

Instead, they were too busy complaining about initial balance being attrocious and 50/50's, DLC characters appearing a few hours later than expected, too much constant patching without the meta being allowed to develop and settle, and on the PC side of things, the game being a "menu simulator" and unlockables being lost from a bad patch.

I agree with @Matix218 ; fans sadly are never, ever happy.

Afumba

Noob
What stuns me is that some of the people in this thread criticizing NRS for releasing a character every 2 months are the same people who criticized NRS in the thread about crunch time and overworking their employees. That’s major hypocrisy, and I’m not sure they even realize it.
Its not hypocrisy and your point is silly. Me wanting a faster release interval doesnt mean i want people to work extra time or even inhumane hours.

NRS does not equal NRS employee so it is total legit to want a faster release schedule and still dont want inhumane work hours for NRS enployees.

As a consumer and paying customer its not my job to factor in company employee work times to access whats reasonable for me. Its NRS problem to have enough employees to deliver in a manner that satisfies their consumers. And if they overwork their employees cuz the consumers want stuff faster its THEIR fault for not having enough work force not the consumers for demanding faster delivery.

If they lower their greed they could easily do shit faster without having to overwork their people. Just hire more people from the get go.

In my line of work companies are the clients, do you think they give a f... about me or my coworkers if we cant meet a deadline and have to overwork ourselves? No they dont, they expect that you have enough work force to get the job done to their liking no matter what and if you dont the consequences are on you.

Companies like NRS definitely know better they just dont care cuz they can easily get away with it if up against people, one way or the other.

So stop defending companies shit behaviors, greed and excuses and also stop trying to make people feel bad for no reason. Its totally legitimate to want something like a monthly content schedule from a AAA company, especially considering they already collected 100bucks++ from everyone.

Its not hypocrisy and your point is silly. Me wanting a faster release interval doesnt mean i want people to work extra time or even inhumane hours.

NRS does not equal NRS employee so it is total legit to want a faster release schedule and still dont want inhumane work hours for NRS enployees.

As a consumer and paying customer its not my job to factor in company employee work times to access whats reasonable for me. Its NRS problem to have enough employees to deliver in a manner that satisfies their consumers. And if they overwork their employees cuz the consumers want stuff faster its THEIR fault for not having enough work force not the consumers for demanding faster delivery.

If they lower their greed they could easily do shit faster without having to overwork their people. Just hire more people from the get go.

In my line of work companies are the clients, do you think they give a f... about me or my coworkers if we cant meet a deadline and have to overwork ourselves? No they dont, they expect that you have enough work force to get the job done to their liking no matter what and if you dont the consequences are on you.

Companies like NRS definitely know better they just dont care cuz they can easily get away with it if up against people, one way or the other.

So stop defending companies shit behaviors, greed and excuses and also stop trying to make people feel bad for no reason. Its totally legitimate to want something like a monthly content schedule from a AAA company, especially considering they already collected 100bucks++ from everyone.
What deadline? You were never given a schedule or roadmap so who is the onus on for buying the KP? You can be upset, but not at NRS in this case...that's to everyone bitching about the pass.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't regret it, as I'm happy to support NRS, but the fact that this is the worst launch of any NRS game can't be argued. The game has been out over 3 months now and we have one DLC character and haven't even seen gameplay of the others that we know about.

I'm more upset about this game being released essentially unfinished.

Furthermore, If Shang Tsung is any indication of how complete the DLC characters will be, I don't have much hope for the rest of them. Hey, here's Shang Tsung. He has one good (but boring) variation and another one that is useless that we threw together last second. We know people want Ninja morphs but we can't possibly give them those moves in competitive variations. Make sure they dominate the gameplay trailer, though!

I realize I'm just one person, but as a lifetime MK fanatic, I've never lost interest quicker in an MK title. Even Injustice 2, which I didn't love, kept me interested for a good deal of time.

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
Tekken and SF are not playing with fire using the variation system
Its more like every fighting game that ever came out; full functional designed characters.

However SFV also gets flak because of their vtrigger system. Characters arent fully realized until they activate their vtrigger. Players dont like characters with moves locked away.

Afumba

Noob
What deadline? You were never given a schedule or roadmap so who is the onus on for buying the KP? You can be upset, but not at NRS in this case...that's to everyone bitching about the pass.
Never said they gave us a deadline and i am also not upset. Besides that my comment is not about deadlines or me being upset, so i suggest you read it again cuz you didnt understand what i was saying. To sum it up my comment was to explicitely address the "faster release vs employee have to work long hours" issue.

I agree with you that everybody that paid for the pass can only be upset at themselves for spending money on something without getting all the Infos. Those people are still entitled to say that NRS not providing exact content, schedule/roadmap etc is a shitty practice.
Its also perfectly fine for people to be disappointed about how things turned out cuz they expected better.