What's new

Do you have to complete story?

twostep

Beefy Five Layer (;
I bought Kenshi and i practiced with him and when i went to play online i couldnt select him cause i havent unlocked cyber sub zero do i have to complete story to select kenshi online?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I bought Kenshi and i practiced with him and when i went to play online i couldnt select him cause i havent unlocked cyber sub zero do i have to complete story to select kenshi online?
Your opponent may have no downloaded the compatibility pack that allows you to play people online who haven't purchased Kenshi. I highly doubt it has anything to do with not having CSZ unlocked.

twostep

Beefy Five Layer (;
well it wouldnt even let me select him like dont you have to highlight cyber sub zero to select kenshi?

Subby

Frost Warrior
Lol You know, now that I think about it, you do have to select CSZ to get to the DLC characters....

No, if you don't have CSZ unlocked, then one of your DLC characters sits in his spot instead. So if you only bought Kenshi, and you haven't unlocked CSZ, then Kenshi should be in the bottom left square for player 1.

No, if you don't have CSZ unlocked, then one of your DLC characters sits in his spot instead. So if you only bought Kenshi, and you haven't unlocked CSZ, then Kenshi should be in the bottom left square for player 1.
That is correct

nyght87

Noob
Like people have said before me i think it was just the other person hadn't downloaded the compatibility pack, also even if you did have to have cyber sub-zero unlocked you only have to play through half the story to unlock him :)

EvilNonsense

steals your stuff
If I recall correctly, it's after you complete chapter 13 that you unlock Cyber Sub-Zero. It's a very short-sighted system that someone else can basically take away your access to something you paid for. :grr:

Zebster

How's my volume?
If I recall correctly, it's after you complete chapter 13 that you unlock Cyber Sub-Zero. It's a very short-sighted system that someone else can basically take away your access to something you paid for. :grr:
It's not NRS's fault.

nyght87

Noob
It's not NRS's fault.
I don't know man. There are other games out there that require you to download specific add-ons to be able to play online. Blazblue for example, you have to download these free "system version data pack" add-ons in order to play ranked matches. What reason does NRS have for not making the compatibility packs required for at least ranked matches?