What's new

Do you even lift bro? Workout thread....

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I've been working out religiously for a little over a year now. I started to take lifting seriously when I realized I needed to beef up for the football team. I workout 6 days a week with 15-20 mins of HIIT cardio at the end of my workout. My 3 day cycle goes Chest and tris, legs and shoulders, and back and bis. This past year I've made some huge strength gains and I'm enjoying lifting more then ever. I cycle 5g creatine/day and take either white flood or jack3d micro preworkout.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
atm cutting on a 1k deficit, skyrocketed up to 98kg

only good thing out of my sloppy eating is that it worked well with workouts and i gained some strength

time to lose a few kilos tho, gonna cut at 4 kgs a month for half a year or so.

only good thing out of my sloppy eating is that it worked well with workouts and i gained some strength
Try intermittent fasting. It works like magic for weight loss.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've been trying to tone lately and I've gone from 107kg to hovering on 99-100 in the last 3 months.

Healthier more frequent eating, moderate weight training and MMA twice a week seems to be working for me. Not a fan of supplements besides a good whey. I'm giving myself until December to be back in shape and even though round is a shape, it's not the one I am aiming for.

Not sure if I should bother with the details of my training/eating?

I do P90x doubles to cut and body beast to build and bulk both are really good workout programs and I saw huge gains with body beast. You've gotta eat right make sure your getting a fair amount of protien. As far as supplements go get yourself a vita pack like a mega men's or animal pak (I prefer the later) take your fish oils...cycle your creatine (I take green mag or monohydrate) and drink your protien shake within an hour after your workout. Activate extreme is a good natural test booster also. Preworkouts are ok but not necessary. ..ravage is a really good one so is that C4 your taking there is also 1 more rep. Remember though six packs are made in the kitchen so eat right and drink plenty of cold water. GET SWOLE

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I've gained at least 15 kilos since I fucked up with whey protein 8 months ago and just binged non stop since then. I need to get back on track after my summer session is done. ATM I'm getting no sleep and most of my day goes to classes. Can't wait for this shit to be over. I'm a person that either goes balls deep in training or none at all. I went from 104kg at 14 years old to 72 by 16 and was close to a six-pack, went downhill after that.
The same here! When I train I go really deep!

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

Qwark, the most important thing is the food!

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Someone give me leg workouts ty

Explosive squats 5-6 sets of 2-8 reps at max weight and proper form
Explosive lunges 5-6 sets of 2-8 reps at max weight and proper form
Calf raises 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps at max weight full extension/raise
Dumbbell dead lift 5-6 sets 4-8 reps at max weight and proper form

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
CrossFit level 1 certified. Been doing CF since 2004. I'm primarily an O-lifter as that is my fav lifting sport. Mma enthusiast as well. Love dem kettlebells too.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I finished my 5 lb bucket of Whey Protein today and, although it was good, I'm looking for something else now.
I start my college pre season in 5 weeks and am looking for something that won't add a lot of mass but will help me recover quicker and maybe even lose excess weight.
If anyone has any recommendations from either personal use or having heard of something, please share with me!
Not looking for anything specific, can be protein, pre-workout, post-workout, during, etc.
Thanks!

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Anyone tried the Slendertone?
I've seen youtube vids claiming it working when you have it on
Kinda on the edge about it...

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I finished my 5 lb bucket of Whey Protein today and, although it was good, I'm looking for something else now.
I start my college pre season in 5 weeks and am looking for something that won't add a lot of mass but will help me recover quicker and maybe even lose excess weight.
If anyone has any recommendations from either personal use or having heard of something, please share with me!
Not looking for anything specific, can be protein, pre-workout, post-workout, during, etc.
Thanks!
What's wrong with whey protein? Honestly I think it's a staple and almost a necessity for athletes. If you're buying pure whey protein (optimal nutrition Gold Standard brand for example) then it's not like you are getting a ton of calories or fat from it. It's pretty much straight up proten and some BCAAs

Not trying to argue or anything, just wondering why you are looking for something else.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
What's wrong with whey protein? Honestly I think it's a staple and almost a necessity for athletes. If you're buying pure whey protein (optimal nutrition Gold Standard brand for example) then it's not like you are getting a ton of calories or fat from it. It's pretty much straight up proten and some BCAAs

Not trying to argue or anything, just wondering why you are looking for something else.
I'm one of those types of guys who packs on weight (mostly muscle, some fat) pretty quickly when I take Whey Protein (I know food contributes a lot, but when I don't take a supplement and stick with my normal eating of yogurt, whole grains, etc. I gain basically nothing). Typically as a guy, I wouldn't mind at all, but for the sport I play I have to stay lean and light in order to perform well.
Thats why I was asking if anyone knew of something that could give me similar lean/strength results but without the gains. :)

Edit: I'm already 185lbs, any bigger or heavier and I'll potentially sacrifice my speed and agility.